This is important ! DEvs take note !

RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
I kept it a bit vague intentionally. You know.......because spoilers.

I was already on my 133rd in-game play day before I found the wreck with the blueprints for thye battery charger, drill arm and Vehicle Upgrade Console. These are crucial things to have. And why did I find them that late? Because the wreck they are in takes about 12 seconds to be drawn into the world. 12 seconds! I have no clue how many times I already swum or sailed past that exact spot, but it's more than 5 times. And I didn't see the wreck once. I only found it because I scanned for databoxes and then arrived at the correct place only to find that nothing was there. So I waited. 12 seconds it took to have it all materialise before my eyes. This is a biggie. This is important stuff!

Also this: when you don't appear on the rendezvous with the Sunbeam, you have no clue as to where the Island is later. Because the location marker disapears after the Sunbeam event.

Comments

• ShaneoShaneo Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238928Members
    This has been a problem for me too. I've actually been trapped several times in wrecks this way as the walls have spawned around me.

As for the way-point marker at the Sunbeam location, I always carry a couple of beacons with me wherever I go. This way I can always get back to important locations. I had about 20 beacons set up by the end of my first play through.
  • Dozer826Dozer826 Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238432Members
    The map rendering is super bad. Every time I play, at least one time I grapple arm sling myself into oblivion. Usually the map only renders about 50-100 years in front of me which is bad enough, but sometimes it just doesn’t load and you fall into the depths of nothingness and lose progress.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited April 2018
    and just yesterday, I stumbled upon another wreck that only loads after +10 seconds. the one where the grapling hook for the Prawn is hidden. I just happened to start building a scanner room on that particular rock ...et voilà.... extra goodies (which i should have found already ages ago).) Things like this kinda break the game.
    Shaneo wrote: »
    As for the way-point marker at the Sunbeam location, I always carry a couple of beacons with me wherever I go. This way I can always get back to important locations. I had about 20 beacons set up by the end of my first play through.

Yeah sure, but I didn't go to the event. So the marker vanished and I hadn't been there.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I've mentioned it many times over, and I will say it again.

The Xbox is not made to support such a graphically intense game. If you want better load times, either buy a good pc, or wait until they can get some better optimization, which can take months.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018

The Xbox is not made to support such a graphically intense game. If you want better load times, either buy a good pc, or wait until they can get some better optimization, which can take months.

I'm at a point where I might wait on more stability. This game managed to crash my entire PC to bluescreen, a first for me since early days of Windows XP, alongside constant random CTD's. Which is really starting to drive me NUTS, having to go through videos to catch up the save's progress to the point I chrased. Mind you, this is a rig made for folding and can easily stress out all nooks and crannies of the hardware, when verifying the overclock :D

Maybe I could try and lower some settings, although this rig can gobble up this game for breakfast when it doesn't randomly crash :tongue:
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

I'm at a point where I might wait on more stability. This game managed to crash my entire PC to bluescreen, a first for me since early days of Windows XP, alongside constant random CTD's. Which is really starting to drive me NUTS, having to go through videos to catch up the save's progress to the point I chrased. Mind you, this is a rig made for folding and can easily stress out all nooks and crannies of the hardware, when verifying the overclock :D

Maybe I could try and lower some settings, although this rig can gobble up this game for breakfast when it doesn't randomly crash :tongue:

Did you try the
    -window-mode exclusive

launch parameter? (Properties > Set Launch Options)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Did you try the
    -window-mode exclusive

Hmm, I could try that... Might it be the magic bullet to stop from from pausing the game for a while :tongue:

Hmm, so far so good. It tended to CTD a few minutes after saving the game, that hasn't happened yet with this parameter. BUT, I've yet to test it while recording with OBS, seems promising though...

^It seems a bit more stable, instead of crashing 3 timesduring one recording and 2 times during another... Now it seems to crash 1 time during 2 recordings :D

Progress?

The Xbox is not made to support such a graphically intense game..

Excuse me? AC Origins is a graphically intense game, Forza Motorsport 7, Wolfenstein II, COD WW 2...
    But Subnautica?

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Rbox wrote: »

The Xbox is not made to support such a graphically intense game..

Excuse me? AC Origins is a graphically intense game, Forza Motorsport 7, Wolfenstein II, COD WW 2...
    But Subnautica?

Subnautica on the PC has some very high intensity graphics. They even toned them down for the Xbox one.

Subnautica does a lot more than you expect. It spawns things and despawns them when needed. It mapps terrain, having it appear when needed. It uses cells to save locations. It does alot of stuff, so it's understandable for the game to lag a bit.
    So, since I'm running an an older Audigy 2 soundcard. I had it set to a higher quality sound quality, something it can handle with ease. However, perhaps FMOD is the cause for my consistent crashing, now trying it out with a lower/recommended quality @ 24-bits/44Khz

Did you try the
    -window-mode exclusive

Hmm, I could try that... Might it be the magic bullet to stop from from pausing the game for a while :tongue:

Boo-hoo-hoo, you guys hijacked the thread. This is in the Xbox One section.
    Rbox wrote: »

Did you try the
    -window-mode exclusive

Boo-hoo-hoo, you guys hijacked the thread. This is in the Xbox One section.

Hehe TBH, this is the first time I actually see that we have a Xbox One sub forum! I usually hang around here and not pay much attention to the forum sections. But ya gots a point :tongue:
  • ripjawwolffangripjawwolffang Australia nsw Join Date: 2018-06-13 Member: 241356Members
    Wait wait! How do I get to launch peramiters!
    I’m having the same problem it makes the game borderline unplayable. Please tell me how you fixed it!?
    Oh wait... your talking about for the pc... >.> c’mon man that’s not fair