Subnautica Idea's (Feel free to post your ideas!)

124»

Comments

• ThinkThickerThinkThicker Poland Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238237Members
    Well, I have a project. You feeling bored with these salted and fried fish? I think I do. So I have created the coral crab, who keeps eggs in nests in safe shallows. You can pick up whole nests, and incubate 3-6 cute crabs, that will have to eat plants. If they don't have enough, they will turn into biting predators. You can fry adult coral crabs, and their description would be:
    "The meat is delicate and the breastplate is crispy. Very rich in calcium." And the second thing is the bearded singer, a fish found in creepvine forest and mushroom forest. One of Its fins would look like a beard, and he would carry algae on his back. He would eat it in periods of hunger. Having a garden on their back would mean that the specimen is mature. It would sing to attract bigger creatures, that he would bite for their blood. No wonder why. About food... You know what would be the description to "Dish from a singer"
  • TheArtcicManTheArtcicMan Slovenija Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238240Members
    Hey Subnautica I want, you to make this:

-Repair the whole Aurora and fly it to space
    -Repair Degasi bases
    -Be cool
  • oliverrookoliverrook Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237999Members
    As for @oliverrook overclocked seaglide, I think that in the arctic overheating would be the least of your worries. Rather energy consumption, risk of breaking your arm, risk of suffering brain damage, risk of letting go of seaglide and having it spin off into the distance, not being able to stop very quickly, not being able to turn easily, and many other problems.

Maybe the Impulsion Rifle can be an omnidirectional compelling tool / Tractor Beam which can move things forwards by scrolling the mouse up, moved towards the player by scrolling towards them, and follows the player's facing direction.

As for the frost sprayer, this doesn't make much sense overall. What would work, however, is a built-in 3D printer which can be fueled with certain plant-life/minerals for recycling as fire extinguisher

The game already has a clothing item which charges tools; fins.

For that last one, I was actually thinking more as a way to charge vehicles on the fly, specifically the prawn suit. A kind of energy backup. I've actually lost my prawn suit a couple of times because I couldn't switch to my back up batteries due to the terrain I was in. It would function more as an emergency power backup than anything.
  • ThinkThickerThinkThicker Poland Join Date: 2018-02-24 Member: 238237Members
    Alien recordings databases!
    You could download the videos from them, and watch important moments in precursor history. You could also find photos, like building the prison. What do you think?
  • lukelan9lukelan9 Kentucky Join Date: 2018-02-25 Member: 238299Members
    I know this would be very hard to do and would take a very long time to make, but I personally believe that a Collector's Edition with a steekbook or a book with all the different creatures or PDAs and a map would be frigging amazing.
  • layl0w1layl0w1 United States Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238347Members
    Maybe I'm missing something. But is there any way to get the material out of your prawn suit while it's in the Cyclops?
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    oliverrook wrote: »
    As for @oliverrook overclocked seaglide, I think that in the arctic overheating would be the least of your worries. Rather energy consumption, risk of breaking your arm, risk of suffering brain damage, risk of letting go of seaglide and having it spin off into the distance, not being able to stop very quickly, not being able to turn easily, and many other problems.

Maybe the Impulsion Rifle can be an omnidirectional compelling tool / Tractor Beam which can move things forwards by scrolling the mouse up, moved towards the player by scrolling towards them, and follows the player's facing direction.

As for the frost sprayer, this doesn't make much sense overall. What would work, however, is a built-in 3D printer which can be fueled with certain plant-life/minerals for recycling as fire extinguisher

The game already has a clothing item which charges tools; fins.

For that last one, I was actually thinking more as a way to charge vehicles on the fly, specifically the prawn suit. A kind of energy backup. I've actually lost my prawn suit a couple of times because I couldn't switch to my back up batteries due to the terrain I was in. It would function more as an emergency power backup than anything.

Hm. then maybe the swim charge fins could simply be made to charge power cells. In fact, that'd be a nice implement regardless of dlc; except that it'd take twice as long to charge a power cell as it would to charge a single tool with the charging fins.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    edited February 2018
    An idea of mine is to combat the whole 'I made a 230-meter-long submersible from the stuff I had in my backpack' thing. Essentially, the player can simply place the materials necessary for making the sub, (which would be of a much greater quantity to match the size of the cyclops for instance,) into a pair of large resource deposits on the sides of the rocket platform or mobile vehicle bay. Then, the printer drones could just draw from that and 3D print your sub without having to pull the equivalent of a few moderately-sized cars out of thin air.
  • thehaveilathonthehaveilathon Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238475Members
    A true legend would be a reaper egg and light switches :o:o Sounds bad but it would be good
  • ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    edited March 2018
    Here are some small ideas that I think would really enhance the gameplay (hopefully).

1: Ion Battery/Ion Power Cell - Create Ion Batteries/Power Cells using the Modification Station rather than creating them from scratch.

2: Nutrient Block Fabricator - Produces one Nutrient Block every 45 minutes (longer than Filtered Water). Must be obtained from dangerous wrecks (such as Mountains or Dunes Wrecks), making it difficult, but worth it.

3: Power Generator - Requires 2 Power Cells. This temporary power generator would make a comeback to provide power until a more reliable source is established (PDA Notice). It may also keep the base powered for a short while if the base runs out of power.

4: Base Computer - Either a new room or a wall piece (like the reinforcement) that would monitor power, power consumption, and hull strength. Would alert of hull breaches and emergency power (like it already does, but bases without these computers would lack these automated systems). Would also allow the base to be named (with a beacon), and customize base colors.

5: Alien Arches
    A Primary Containment Facility: The companion Alien Arches that connect the Aquarium to the Moonpool ought to be replaced with an elevator (like in the Quarantine Enforcement Platform).
    B Travel Time: Greatly reduce travel time (up to half the time), and make travel time equal to distance traveled.
    C Arch Caches: The Bulb Zone, Mushroom Forest, Ghost Forest, and Crag Field Arches ought to serve slightly more purpose other than providing a convenient way for the player to obtain the ingredients for the Hatching Enzyme. Perhaps the Precursors could have mini-laboratories here studying an aspect of Enzyme 42.

6: Warper Spawns
    A Start - QEP: Warpers would only spawn near alien facilities, sanctuaries, and arches.
    B QEP - DRF: Warpers would also patrol wrecks and life pods (except for Life Pod 5), in conjunction with the first Radio Message from the Warpers.
    C After DRF: Warpers could be encountered almost anywhere on the map, and would also destroy Life Pod 5 (sinking it to the bottom, where it would still serve as the center of the playing map), forcing the player to rely more on their other habitats if they haven't already.

7: Crag Field & Blub Zone
    A Crag Field: Make it more worthwhile to visit the Crag Field. Perhaps add a wreck with some valuable materials.
    B Bulb Zone: As the PDA explains, the Ghost Leviathan begins life in the Lost River, and leaves when it becomes too large. This suggestion is to simply remove a Ghost Leviathan from the Grand Reef (which ever one is less likely to be encountered), and place it in the Bulb Zone. That way, one moves from the Ghost Forest to the Blood Kelp Zone, one moves from the Ghost Canyon to the Grand Reef, and one moves from the Mountain Corridor to the Bulb Zone.

8: 2 New Life Pods
    A Life Pod 9: Located in the Dunes near the bend in the Blood Kelp Trench
    B Life Pod 15: Located in the Crash Zone Mesas, with the distress signal clearly illustrating that a Reaper Leviathan is nearby.

9: Beacon Manager
    A Sort Option: Sort beacons into folders that can be expanded and collapsed, like the Encyclopedia. Can also rename them remotely and assign a numerical order.
    B Visibility: Adjust the Blue/Green colors to be slightly more distinct from each other. Also make beacon icons visible through all terrains and time of day.

10: Other Minor Ideas
    A Universal Base Storage: Allows all resource-using devices to pull from any inventory located on that base.
    B Garden Room: Upgrade from the Grow Beds, these rooms exclusively grow flora in a similar fashion to the Alien Containment Unit. Also allows for a Garden Room to be flooded for sea-based flora.
    C Nuclear Rods: Requires Radiation suit to dispose of old Reactor Rods
    D Scanner Room Camera Range: Scanner Rooms may only view and control cameras according to the scanner's range (increasing with the Range Upgrade, and faster motion with the Speed Upgrade), moving beyond the range will result in a "No Signal" or "Signal Lost" message.
    E Habitat Builder Grid View: Allows for building interior pieces to conform to a vertical or horizontal grid so that each piece lines up perfectly on a wall.
    F Toggle Room Lights: Ability to turn lights off in a specific room or compartment.
    G Fire Extinguisher: Make Fire Extinguishers last longer, and be able to fabricate refills using Gel Sacks and something else.
    H Colored Lenses: Create colored lenses for use in illuminated devices. Some may include Quartz (clear), Ruby (red), Kyanite (blue), Ion Cube (green)
    I Watch HUD Chip: Indicates whether it is Day or Night, with an approximate Time of Day.
    J Thermometer: bring back for easier time placing Thermal Plants and to know when the player is approaching an area that may cause heat damage.
    K Hypothermia Damage: much slower than heat damage, this would only apply if the player has been in a temperature below 10 degrees Celsius for extended periods of time (such as the Lost River or very deep biomes, except for the Lava Zones. Would appear like heat damage, but with ice crystals forming the outside of the screen.
    L Life Pod and Wreck Beacons: Repair the computer to activate a beacon for that Life Pod or Wreck (only applicable to Life Pods 4, 6, and 7, as well as large wrecks.
    M Plant Shelves: Allows for the planting of a 1x1 seed in these shelves.
  • DeathawakenerDeathawakener Frankford Ontario Canada Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238480Members
    Hey, I have a pretty good idea for a new leviathan, I call it the Clawtopus Leviathan, it has claws in the front of its head like the reaper, but It goes all around its mouth, like the octopus's tentacles in real life, using the spikes to drag in its prey, which in the leviathan's mouth would be extremely sharp teeth, it has giant claws for hands, the sea dragons legs/tentacles. and it's 1.5 times the size of the adult Ghost leviathan. The sound it would give off, would be deeper than the sea leviathan and REALLY LOUD, and it would be found inside of the arctic biome. if you like the idea please like.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited March 2018
    "overclock seaglide"

Sounds familiar

coughremoved powerglide cough

Also the thermometer doesn't have to be brought back for the thermal plants. They are already easy to place. The color of the ghost let's you know what will happen
    Red: you can't build it here
    Yellow: you can build it here but it won't produce power
    Green: you can build it here and it can make power
    "overclock seaglide"

Sounds familiar

coughremoved powerglide cough

Also the thermometer doesn't have to be brought back for the thermal plants. They are already easy to place. The color of the ghost let's you know what will happen
    Red: you can't build it here
    Yellow: you can build it here but it won't produce power
    Green: you can build it here and it can make power

But it's still hard to get close enough to where you can generate maximum power without melting your diving mask.
  • mxpalmxpal Hong Kong Join Date: 2018-03-05 Member: 238624Members
    RETURN TO 4546B: PLANETARY EXPLOITATION OVERHAUL

I am thinking about a post game industrial base building mod/expansion. since u owe alterra 1 trillion credits...... they send u back to the planet to dig 1 trillion worth of resources for them, at least they provided the blueprints for the job. isnt thats what they planned to do all along?

Mining:
    Add ore deposits to the game using the thermal vents mechanics, instead of placing a thermal plant u place a miner module instead. using a modded power transmitter to
    beam back the ore and negative energy to simulate power use. Create a storage/refinery module for ore processing. Allow scanner rooms to scan these deposits. And make the
    deposits mineable by prawn, to promote building many mining bases. The ores need not to have vanilla use, simply assign a number system to them like vanilla energy and count
    them as credits.

Farming:
    Vanilla plant growing should be good enough, just make a hydroponics hub or greenhouse thing to allow easier large scale farming, and may be some indoor modules to
    allow automation/increase yield too. Or even make certain plants require certain prerequisites to grow, like u need a high pressure module in the hub in order to farm deepshroom,
    otherwise it just sits in the growing bed doing nothing or rots. And how about applying the solar power mechanics on plants, especially the ground ones? so it wont grow in a
    greenhouse that cant receive light.

Herding/hunting:
    Make alien containment into alien breeding tanks. See the little fishes grow! or to allow the species to crossbreed using eggs though it sounds difficult to
    implement as a mod. Turn the cyclops vehicle bay into an alien capture bay. Mod the static rifle into a tranquilizer rifle, and drive the cyclops above them to reel them in. Many more
    can be played around enzyme 42 and the sea emperor babies....

Resource trading:
    u use a rather expensive mini phasegate to teleport these resources back to main gate network. u either build one in each of your mining outposts, or use the
    modded power transmitters to allow sharing of ore between difference outposts. u can actually buy common raw materials from the main network. This will require the player some
    planning on where to build mining bases trade hubs.

Thats what i have in my head so far, may be i will create a new topic when i come up with more. Factorio and the Anno series inspired me of these
  • ZeroLevelsZeroLevels Join Date: 2018-03-05 Member: 238612Members
    I just want Subnautica to save to either the Documents folder, AppData folder, or really anywhere local to the profile you're playing from on a PC so that other accounts using the same computer don't see each others' saves. I've been looking for a batch file solution to this, but I haven't found any yet. Only things turning up are a bunch of people asking "where does subnautica put save files?" -.-
    mxpal wrote: »
    RETURN TO 4546B: PLANETARY EXPLOITATION OVERHAUL

I am thinking about a post game industrial base building mod/expansion. since u owe alterra 1 trillion credits...... they send u back to the planet to dig 1 trillion worth of resources for them, at least they provided the blueprints for the job. isnt thats what they planned to do all along?

Mining:
    Add ore deposits to the game using the thermal vents mechanics, instead of placing a thermal plant u place a miner module instead. using a modded power transmitter to
    beam back the ore and negative energy to simulate power use. Create a storage/refinery module for ore processing. Allow scanner rooms to scan these deposits. And make the
    deposits mineable by prawn, to promote building many mining bases. The ores need not to have vanilla use, simply assign a number system to them like vanilla energy and count
    them as credits.

Farming:
    Vanilla plant growing should be good enough, just make a hydroponics hub or greenhouse thing to allow easier large scale farming, and may be some indoor modules to
    allow automation/increase yield too. Or even make certain plants require certain prerequisites to grow, like u need a high pressure module in the hub in order to farm deepshroom,
    otherwise it just sits in the growing bed doing nothing or rots. And how about applying the solar power mechanics on plants, especially the ground ones? so it wont grow in a
    greenhouse that cant receive light.

Herding/hunting:
    Make alien containment into alien breeding tanks. See the little fishes grow! or to allow the species to crossbreed using eggs though it sounds difficult to
    implement as a mod. Turn the cyclops vehicle bay into an alien capture bay. Mod the static rifle into a tranquilizer rifle, and drive the cyclops above them to reel them in. Many more
    can be played around enzyme 42 and the sea emperor babies....

Resource trading:
    u use a rather expensive mini phasegate to teleport these resources back to main gate network. u either build one in each of your mining outposts, or use the
    modded power transmitters to allow sharing of ore between difference outposts. u can actually buy common raw materials from the main network. This will require the player some
    planning on where to build mining bases trade hubs.

Thats what i have in my head so far, may be i will create a new topic when i come up with more. Factorio and the Anno series inspired me of these

As for aquaponics, I remember a science fair from awhile ago. I made my project based around this guy's genius idea for an entirely self-sustaining aquaponics crate which uses fish excrement as nutrients. Fully-automated thingy, you see; maybe the player has had to water indoor plants manually and as an endgame type thing, they can build an Aquaponics Station as an extension on top of their alien containment. Once this is done, you have a system which consistently produces food without any maintenance.

As for your idea about resource trading, I think it's a very smart alternative to multiplayer. We already have time capsules set up in a similar way, and so this might work. Except, of course, that the player shouldn't have anyone to trade with. And so I wouldn't support it as a true implement.
  • F__k_a_DuckF__k_a_Duck USA Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238660Members
    Since there is magnetite (Fe3O4) and Aluminum Oxide (Al2O3) I came to a very ambitious idea of there maybe being a new raw material and a new torpedo type the material would be Fe2O3 (Ferric Oxide more commonly known as rust) combined with the 'ruby' or Aluminum Oxide and making a thermite torpedo! Muahaha!
  • KanshiraKanshira Sweden Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238663Members
    An option to make a jukebox so you can play like classical music on your sub or seabase. That would be nice and would really fit in the world of subnautica. Maybe you can find records around the biomes on crashsites.
  • EnceladusSc2EnceladusSc2 Join Date: 2018-02-19 Member: 237906Members
    More Achievements would be nice. A good idea would be Achievements for scanning. Like you'd get one for scanning the first thing in each category. Flora, Fauna and Minerals. Then you'd get another one for scanning everything in each category. So one for all of Flora, one for all of Fauna and one for all Minerals. Then a final achievement for finishing all 3 categories.
    Kanshira wrote: »
    An option to make a jukebox so you can play like classical music on your sub or seabase. That would be nice and would really fit in the world of subnautica. Maybe you can find records around the biomes on crashsites.

Or disco...
  • djchanclafacedjchanclaface Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 238006Members
    Recently started game on XBOX. Great game. Love it.

Surface yacht with moonpool. Like a floating cyclops.

Glass bottom for cyclops or some new vehicle with a lot more visibility. Its a great looking game and would be nice to appreciate it in vehicle. Could be nice to have an observatory add on for cyclops.

Cargo drones. Like storage containers but they follow you or you can send them back to base (maybe at risk of losing them).

A larger base room option. Larger alien containment.

Hand drill.

Zelda style cooking. Let us combine ingredients for more potent food or at least a nutrient block machine.

Personal storage size upgrade.

Spear gun. Various spears. Grappling. Camera/tracking tag for large creatures. Electric.

A map. A mapping room or station. A satellite you have to launch. Something. Make it late game or something to not break the experience. It only fills in as you discover or perhaps you can find map data in wrecks. I like how early game you are using reference points, then you get a compass upgrade, next step seems a full map.

More large docile creatures ala whale shark, mantas, turtles. Let us grab on and take a ride.

Expansions:
    I am guessing expansions could just be super deep off from the current limits of the map. Maybe then requiring a new deep sea vehicle or further depth upgrades.

A huge submerged wreck. Very deep. Like if the Aurora were sitting 5k below the surface.

Huge creatures. Huge enough we can explore them and all the stuff they've swallowed.

Sunken asteroid. Filled with alien biome.

Waterworld style submerged (dry land) city ruins.

Atlantis bandoned but intact underwater cities, colonies, etc.

Underwater cave systems that have air in them so you can get out and walk.
  • djchanclafacedjchanclaface Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 238006Members
    layl0w1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something. But is there any way to get the material out of your prawn suit while it's in the Cyclops?

Yup. There's an inventory icon on the console next to the moonpool. Upgrade icon too for popping those in and out.

• ryansearcyakryansearcyak Alaska Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238451Members
    edited March 2018
    1: More Degasi Story
    A Degasi Wreck - perhaps re-purpose a wreck near the Floating Island to be the Degasi Wreck. It would be a relatively bare wreck since a voice log mentions Maida stripping what she could from the ship.
    B Degasi Mission - an abandoned PDA explaining what the Degasi's mission was prior to the detour to Planet 4546B. We have the Aurora's original mission, why not the Degasi?
    C Why Detour? - an abandoned PDA explaining why Paul ordered the detour. Perhaps his ship detected an energy signature?
    D Island Arch Discovery - surely, they found the Arch on the island.
    E More Deep Grand Reef Information - Paul's final Voice Log makes vague mention of the Lost River (light below the habitat), but where was the Orange Tablet and the Cuddlefish Egg found?
    F More Maida Voice Logs - creature encounters, scouting, etc.

2: Base Alterations
    A Scanner Room Shape - make the Scanner Room more circular in shape to either make it larger or smaller, becoming a better fit with the base in general.
    B Base Piece Rotation - ability to rotate the Scanner Room and the Moonpool (I swear I was able to rotate them before, but I can't seem to anymore. I have no problem rotating corridors).
    C Ladder Rotation - ability to rotate ladder placement, especially in corridors. Sometimes, the placement of a corridor makes the ladder block the path in that corridor. This way, you don't have to alter the entire design of your base because of one bad ladder placement.
    D Water Filtration Machine - depending on placement of the Water Filtration Machine, it will cause Bioreactors (and assuming the same for Nuclear Reactors) to shut off if the Water Filtration Machine is too close to the reactor panel (where you interact with the reactor to swap out reactor rods or to add organic matter). It would not work, even when there is organic matter in the reactor. This suggestion is to merely make the machine smaller, so it can be placed anywhere in the Multipurpose room and not have it block the reactors. Perhaps even be reduced enough in size so it can be placed anywhere a Reinforcement can (corridors, possibly Moonpool, though not practical).
    E Creature Attacks - creatures already attack the vehicles, why not the bases? This would force the players to choose better locations for their bases, and to keep them maintained. Creature attacks could cause hull breaches, make electrical wires come loose, or start random fires in the base.
    F Fire Extinguisher Refill - could cost 1 Gel Sack and 1 Lubricant? Similar to making new batteries for electronics, this would make refills for the Fire Extinguisher. Each refill would be one-time use, and would be consumed by the Fire Extinguisher upon depletion (unlike swapping batteries, where you can take the old battery and recharge it).
    G Sonic Deterrent Blueprint - add Precursor Sonic Deterrents at the Disease Research Facility (that obviously failed). It would contain a Data Terminal that would allow the player to create miniaturized Sonic Deterrents using the Habitat Builder (must be in range of the base to work, much like a Floodlight). It could cost 5 titanium, 1 lithium, 1 lubricant, and 3 magnetite to build. The Data Terminal could be at the Primary Containment Facility, but I feel that would be too late in the game to be useful to the player (get cured->disarm QEP->build Neptune Escape Rocket).

3: Light Stick As An Upgrade - it would seem a bit more practical for the Light Stick to be an upgrade of the Flashlight using the Modification Station, since when you get the Light Stick, you have absolutely no use for the Flashlight (a light source that only shows roughly 120 degrees in one direction with a battery that quickly drains vs a light source that shines 360 degrees, is place-able, with unlimited power).

4: Alien Electronics Sub Menu - On top of the idea to have Batteries and Power Cells upgrade-able in the Modification Station, have a new sub menu on the Fabricator for Alien Electronics (like how Advanced Materials is separate from Materials). This menu would include Ion Batteries, Ion Power Cells (you would be able to choose to make them from scratch or upgrade existing batteries and power cells), and the Tablets. This would allow for further simplification of the Fabricator.

5: Island Visibility - I understand initially wanting to cover these islands with fog, but after visiting each island, these islands should be visible from the surface. It makes no real sense for the islands to be covered with fog seen from everywhere else, but clear as day when you are actually on the island.

6: Alien Arch Caches
    A General Idea - (Expanded idea earlier suggested) Make each of the four Alien Arches that connect to the Primary Containment Facility more useful than providing a convenient way to get all of the Hatching Enzyme ingredients. This would also necessitate altering the entrances to be blocked by a force field, potentially only being disabled from the inside. Each Arch Cache would provide useful data via a Data Terminal. I understand some of the information may be redundant, but these could enhance details of other data received.
    B Bulb Zone - Kharaa History (Did the Precursors discover or create the Kharaa?)
    C Ghost Forest - Lost River Ecology. May include discovery of the Inactive Lava Zone and the decision to place facilities in these places.
    D Mushroom Forest - Alien Vents. Not sure how this could be expanded from already existing data from the PCF.
    E Crag Field - Leviathan Research Data. Reefback, Sea Treader, Ghost Leviathan, Reaper Leviathan.

7: Nutrient Block Fabricator Expansion - Machine could work like the Water Filtration Machine, where it would require source material to provide the sustenance. Perhaps the player could add edible flora and fauna to the machine so it could manufacture the block.
    Recently started game on XBOX. Great game. Love it.

Surface yacht with moonpool. Like a floating cyclops.

Glass bottom for cyclops or some new vehicle with a lot more visibility. Its a great looking game and would be nice to appreciate it in vehicle. Could be nice to have an observatory add on for cyclops.

Cargo drones. Like storage containers but they follow you or you can send them back to base (maybe at risk of losing them).

A larger base room option. Larger alien containment.

Hand drill.

Zelda style cooking. Let us combine ingredients for more potent food or at least a nutrient block machine.

Personal storage size upgrade.

Spear gun. Various spears. Grappling. Camera/tracking tag for large creatures. Electric.

A map. A mapping room or station. A satellite you have to launch. Something. Make it late game or something to not break the experience. It only fills in as you discover or perhaps you can find map data in wrecks. I like how early game you are using reference points, then you get a compass upgrade, next step seems a full map.

More large docile creatures ala whale shark, mantas, turtles. Let us grab on and take a ride.

Expansions:
    I am guessing expansions could just be super deep off from the current limits of the map. Maybe then requiring a new deep sea vehicle or further depth upgrades.

A huge submerged wreck. Very deep. Like if the Aurora were sitting 5k below the surface.

Huge creatures. Huge enough we can explore them and all the stuff they've swallowed.

Sunken asteroid. Filled with alien biome.

Waterworld style submerged (dry land) city ruins.

Atlantis bandoned but intact underwater cities, colonies, etc.

Underwater cave systems that have air in them so you can get out and walk.

I toyed with satellites, mapping, and associated plot-lines awhile back. Maybe you'd like taking a look at it. However, many of your ideas would require a change to canon in order to work in-game, and so I find that only a few of your more practical suggestions might be considered. As much as I'd like the sunken city of Ryl'eh, I don't think that we're going to get it.

(although it is a bit fishy about how the PC is named after Ryl'eh, isn't it? But I'm currently occupied with other things, so there's no porpoise thinking about it, is there. I'm otter ideas for now.)
    1: More Degasi Story
    A Degasi Wreck - perhaps re-purpose a wreck near the Floating Island to be the Degasi Wreck. It would be a relatively bare wreck since a voice log mentions Maida stripping what she could from the ship.
    B Degasi Mission - an abandoned PDA explaining what the Degasi's mission was prior to the detour to Planet 4546B. We have the Aurora's original mission, why not the Degasi?
    C Why Detour? - an abandoned PDA explaining why Paul ordered the detour. Perhaps his ship detected an energy signature?
    D Island Arch Discovery - surely, they found the Arch on the island.
    E More Deep Grand Reef Information - Paul's final Voice Log makes vague mention of the Lost River (light below the habitat), but where was the Orange Tablet and the Cuddlefish Egg found?
    F More Maida Voice Logs - creature encounters, scouting, etc.

2: Base Alterations
    A Scanner Room Shape - make the Scanner Room more circular in shape to either make it larger or smaller, becoming a better fit with the base in general.
    B Base Piece Rotation - ability to rotate the Scanner Room and the Moonpool (I swear I was able to rotate them before, but I can't seem to anymore. I have no problem rotating corridors).
    C Ladder Rotation - ability to rotate ladder placement, especially in corridors. Sometimes, the placement of a corridor makes the ladder block the path in that corridor. This way, you don't have to alter the entire design of your base because of one bad ladder placement.
    D Water Filtration Machine - depending on placement of the Water Filtration Machine, it will cause Bioreactors (and assuming the same for Nuclear Reactors) to shut off if the Water Filtration Machine is too close to the reactor panel (where you interact with the reactor to swap out reactor rods or to add organic matter). It would not work, even when there is organic matter in the reactor. This suggestion is to merely make the machine smaller, so it can be placed anywhere in the Multipurpose room and not have it block the reactors. Perhaps even be reduced enough in size so it can be placed anywhere a Reinforcement can (corridors, possibly Moonpool, though not practical).
    E Creature Attacks - creatures already attack the vehicles, why not the bases? This would force the players to choose better locations for their bases, and to keep them maintained. Creature attacks could cause hull breaches, make electrical wires come loose, or start random fires in the base.
    F Fire Extinguisher Refill - could cost 1 Gel Sack and 1 Lubricant? Similar to making new batteries for electronics, this would make refills for the Fire Extinguisher. Each refill would be one-time use, and would be consumed by the Fire Extinguisher upon depletion (unlike swapping batteries, where you can take the old battery and recharge it).
    G Sonic Deterrent Blueprint - add Precursor Sonic Deterrents at the Disease Research Facility (that obviously failed). It would contain a Data Terminal that would allow the player to create miniaturized Sonic Deterrents using the Habitat Builder (must be in range of the base to work, much like a Floodlight). It could cost 5 titanium, 1 lithium, 1 lubricant, and 3 magnetite to build. The Data Terminal could be at the Primary Containment Facility, but I feel that would be too late in the game to be useful to the player (get cured->disarm QEP->build Neptune Escape Rocket).

3: Light Stick As An Upgrade - it would seem a bit more practical for the Light Stick to be an upgrade of the Flashlight using the Modification Station, since when you get the Light Stick, you have absolutely no use for the Flashlight (a light source that only shows roughly 120 degrees in one direction with a battery that quickly drains vs a light source that shines 360 degrees, is place-able, with unlimited power).

4: Alien Electronics Sub Menu - On top of the idea to have Batteries and Power Cells upgrade-able in the Modification Station, have a new sub menu on the Fabricator for Alien Electronics (like how Advanced Materials is separate from Materials). This menu would include Ion Batteries, Ion Power Cells (you would be able to choose to make them from scratch or upgrade existing batteries and power cells), and the Tablets. This would allow for further simplification of the Fabricator.

5: Island Visibility - I understand initially wanting to cover these islands with fog, but after visiting each island, these islands should be visible from the surface. It makes no real sense for the islands to be covered with fog seen from everywhere else, but clear as day when you are actually on the island.

6: Alien Arch Caches
    A General Idea - (Expanded idea earlier suggested) Make each of the four Alien Arches that connect to the Primary Containment Facility more useful than providing a convenient way to get all of the Hatching Enzyme ingredients. This would also necessitate altering the entrances to be blocked by a force field, potentially only being disabled from the inside. Each Arch Cache would provide useful data via a Data Terminal. I understand some of the information may be redundant, but these could enhance details of other data received.
    B Bulb Zone - Kharaa History (Did the Precursors discover or create the Kharaa?)
    C Ghost Forest - Lost River Ecology. May include discovery of the Inactive Lava Zone and the decision to place facilities in these places.
    D Mushroom Forest - Alien Vents. Not sure how this could be expanded from already existing data from the PCF.
    E Crag Field - Leviathan Research Data. Reefback, Sea Treader, Ghost Leviathan, Reaper Leviathan.

7: Nutrient Block Fabricator Expansion - Machine could work like the Water Filtration Machine, where it would require source material to provide the sustenance. Perhaps the player could add edible flora and fauna to the machine so it could manufacture the block.

The bioreactor needs to be smaller. I, too, use the light stick more often than I use the flashlight; although it needs a buff.
    Also, the machine which would fabricate the nutrient block could very well be the water filtration machine; the reason is that nutrient blocks are composed of tardigrades, (not sure how easy it is to digest them,) which although are described as 'space bears' drifting through the near vacuum, are called 'water bears' in real life for a reason. That is; tardigrades are most abundant in water. And since we already have a water filtration machine, why not make it filter out tardigrades as well for being 3D-printed into nutrient blocks?

And yes, there should absolutely be fog on the mountain and floating islands since that's often where fog would decide to gather.
  • Cyb3rFuseCyb3rFuse Arizona Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201924Members
    I'm not sure if this has been requested but you should make it so when you kill the predators you can harvest them and eat them, you can call it "The Vengence Update", just an idea.
  • mister_jaymister_jay Germany Join Date: 2019-07-28 Member: 253982Members
    My Idea for an PRAWN Suite Upgrade:

On the current state the prawn Suite can only so two things at the samd time (for exsample DRILLER and HOOK).

With this upgrade, the Player coulde switch between his arms (in Rach side from arme one to arm two).

This would allow the player to switch for exsample between the Drill for large resources and a hand for small ones.
    On the Others side he could switch between the hook and the torpedo arm.

The armes could be switched by pressing 1 for left arms and 2 for the right ones.

the inactive arms could be put beneath/above the active arms, angled as most as possible.

Thanks for reading!

• ThatCamoKidThatCamoKid Join Date: 2019-07-31 Member: 254018Members
    need a better personal deterrent tool than the knife. I'm thinking some sort of electrified baton that you swing, with better range and a more immediate deterrence
  • ThatCamoKidThatCamoKid Join Date: 2019-07-31 Member: 254018Members
    also, both vortex and gas torpedoes are both useless, and even if they were good it's hard to hit moving targets, which is a problem when you're trying to hit something in the open and can't shoot for aoe damage. My suggestions: To counter the first problem, explosive and/or electrified torpedoes. For the second, the ability to upgrade normal torpedoes into homing variants using the modification station