Subnautica Idea's (Feel free to post your ideas!)

Comments

• baneofpain823baneofpain823 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236189Members
    What about a dive reel update? Add a tool/feature where you can attach an anchor point and if your in danger get reeled back to that point with a click of a button. Not teleported mind you, an animation would be used.
  • baneofpain823baneofpain823 Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236189Members
    lokivoid wrote: »
    Arctic Biome presentation

I have an idea how to present arctic biome. When player build Neptune Rocket and take off to the orbit... well... first time it crashes underwater somewhere near North Pole. The rocket debris then become player starting habitat. Habitat AI then analyzes cause of crash and finds out that for instance planet is periodically affected by strong ionic storm from the star, which disables all electronics. To safely pass the storm ship must be fixed and imporved. Components for ion shield is not so easy to obtain

This is a great idea! But it should only happen if the dlc in installed. The player should be given the choice to win the game, or continue in the dlc world.
  • ChetzChetz Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236206Members
    New Arctic biome idea! when it gets too cold you should be able to freeze to death!
  • SunnyATMSunnyATM United States Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236207Members
    I think the game should have game ending like, you can go back to the homeland, but you can go back also if you want. It's like you can go back forth. Also If you can go back to homeland, and you can get upgrades to use. Another Thing will be cool that If you find npc and they stay at your base, and you can use them to do tasks. Another cool thing would be that After you get off the planet, they send you on rescue missions, to save other npcs around the galaxity.

• ivansglazunovivansglazunov Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236265Members
    It would be cool to make sure that drones can collect resources simple after a special improvement. For example, that they had a container of 2 cells and a capsule where they would bring them. I would be glad to make such a mod, if you tell me where to read about what language and in what environment i need to understand. Of course If it is necessary.
  • DorrinDorrin United States Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236270Members
    Punching bag and exercise equipment would really help immersion.
  • lokivoidlokivoid Россия Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235781Members
    edited January 2018
    lokivoid wrote: »
    Arctic Biome presentation

I have an idea how to present arctic biome. When player build Neptune Rocket and take off to the orbit... well... first time it crashes underwater somewhere near North Pole. The rocket debris then become player starting habitat. Habitat AI then analyzes cause of crash and finds out that for instance planet is periodically affected by strong ionic storm from the star, which disables all electronics. To safely pass the storm ship must be fixed and imporved. Components for ion shield is not so easy to obtain

This is a great idea! But it should only happen if the dlc in installed. The player should be given the choice to win the game, or continue in the dlc world.

I think if player bought DLC he have already made choice to play it
  • UmbralDragonUmbralDragon Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235989Members
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    Zawrotek98 wrote: »
    What would you say to the possibility of taming various creatures?
    For example, tamed stalkers would bring us a scrap metal...
    To tame them we would need to hatch them first so that won't be too easy

So... what you think?

Now THAT is a good use of the taming mechanics
    Actually all carnivore (I totally know how to spell it and didn't edit my post after reading NVMGamer's post)

All of those type of fauna will eat smaller fauna out of your hand. The stalkers are he only ones that give you a metal For doing it. I'm pretty sure the rest just leave you alone for a while.
    Take a look at the husbandry thread . ( incase you didnt know, husbandry means raising and training animals
  • AlexvrbAlexvrb Join Date: 2004-05-03 Member: 28405Members
    edited January 2018
    Shady_one wrote: »
    Cyclops nuclear reactor.
    Really, nuclear subs are existing IRL, so why there can't be two ways of powering the sub? You can just replace the power cells or you can put reactor rods into Cyclops' reactor. The reactor might be a special upgrade. like thermal one, or default option. Also, Cyclops reactor might be utilizing regular reactor rods, or only specific Cyclops rods.

Should definitely be a special upgrade, really just need room where you can place the existing reactor. If they did this it would be the only time I'd ever use the nuclear reactor. As it stands for bases I hate it. It would be different if it let me roam around in the Cyclops indefinitely. Not entirely unlike actual nuke subs.

Also sonar should cost virtually no power. It's bad enough it eats up an upgrade module slot.
  • kriszchefkriszchef Join Date: 2011-04-05 Member: 90795Members
    Awmygod this game! I enjoyed it a lot , spent hours and hours building bases , customising them etc.... its just brilliant.

When I first started to play I never thought that there was gonna be a storyline to it, that was a great surprise , sidequests getting the puzzles together.
    One thing that I really missed was human company, you know you had those mssgs from the escape pods , and even though the "situation" was cleared in the first place, still I was kind of expecting somebody to save , recruit him/her to one of your bases , botanist/diver/engineer/cook etc.. and your base could progress, while your drones would gather resources , map caves .
    Those flood gates could be made open with touch pad (less interaction time).
    The security terminal that I've read before is a great idea, monitoring your assets , power barriers with base wide radius , lure system , species capture that is fed into the aquarium .
    There could be areas where the virus infests the biome and you can purify it by building stations, involving the sea dragons ( creating a suitable biome )., getting special geo and stuff.

You will never get fed up with the biome great job on that, there is so many to see and all so beautiful.

I would gladly see some of the more lethal weapons ( :smiley: ) , sometimes I felt unarmed against those leviatans even with torps , but it was actually still fun.

This game has a lot in it , million opportunities, this could mix with space , land and even an mmo could emerge. The ending is like a good dessert , I'm very keen for the continuation , thank you Unknown Worlds for the experience
  • SulmatuulSulmatuul Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236370Members
    So i have a couple of ideas i'd like just based on my own experiences playing the game.

1) some sort of camera drone for the Cyclops, just like the scanner room has.
    Sometimes i'm out for a spin in the sub and i want to know if it's worth taking my suit or the Seamoth down a hole or something, having a drone to launch to take a look first would be really nice.

2) Secondly, i'd love some means to carry both my Prawn suit and the Seamoth in the Cyclops,because sometimes i don't know which one i'll need. I realise the suit is for deep dives only but there are places in between when maybe the suit's mining arms come in handy, but i'd need to explore in the Seamoth first.
  • ElesigmaElesigma Earth Join Date: 2015-10-06 Member: 208327Members
    edited February 2018
    No idea if the devs read the suggestions forum, but I've been following this game for a while and just recently played it after the 1.0 release. I've also been reading the roadmap trello so here are my brainstorming ideas for an expansions and updates, this list is assuming the arctic biome is planned for an expansion:
    • The buildable teleporter mentioned on the trello page can be used as a means to get to the expansion area. The expansion area should be a new, separate map area. This will prevent having to overhaul the main map, allow the expansion area to be larger, and prevent slowdown. The teleporter can act as a map switcher, kind of like how you have the boat that takes you from Skyrim to Sheogorad in Dragonborn expansion of Skyrim or the railcar that takes you to Pittsburg in The Pitt expansion of Fallout 3.
    • The expansion needs an amphibious predator, something that can come after you on both land and sea, kind of like how polar bears can hunt both in and out of water.
    • Reasons to go to the new area: The remaining missing lifepods? Ancient alien devices causing fun hijinks? Just pure fun ol' exploration?
    • The new area shouldn't just be the arctic biome. There should be variety, though it should fit with the colder climate theme, kind of like how the main area biomes fit in with tropical and abyss themes. Maybe something like a crystal biome, or maybe cave systems covered in biological ooze?
    • Extreme cold and hypothermia should be a hazard in the expansion, and there should be suit upgrades to counter it. Possibly even things like a climate control module for your base to keep the interior cozy?
    • Weather should be a thing, rain and storms on the main map, snow and blizzards in the new area.
    • Fossils/skeletons and bringing creatures back from extinction. It would be nice to find fossils, be able to scan them, get enough parts and be able to build skeleton exhibits in your base, maybe even have a multi-story base part to allow large fossils. The arctic biome could have frozen flora and fauna that were wiped out by the bacterium. You could scan the frozen creatures/plants for DNA and use it to bring them back to life. It would all be a cool for exploration and to flesh out the planet and its biological history some more.
    • New furnishings, items, and posters for our bases. Maybe be able to craft furniture based on alien design? Also more wall coverings similar to the wall planter, that lets you customize entire base walls so they don't seem so bare.
    • If bases are built in areas above 250m (I think that's the depth limit of the light reaching solar panels) after 30+ in-game days the exterior starts getting crusty looking with barnacles, coral and algae. This would be something cosmetic that could easily be removed with the repair tool. Also the ability to change the color of the exterior of your base would be nice.
  • MrAppleSaladMrAppleSalad Join Date: 2018-02-11 Member: 237368Members
    how about some new interior base modules like glass ceilings/floors, more furniture (couches, carpets, lamps, standing shelf units, coffee tables etc.) pillars, wall mounts, curtains for windows, etc.
  • thesurgeon1thesurgeon1 Sweden Join Date: 2018-02-12 Member: 237475Members
    Hey dev's! I recently came across the concept art for the Atlas Submarine. With a few tweaks, i think it could fit into the game very well together with a DLC.
    The big issue with the atlas sub is its size. It literally doesn't fit into the world of Subnautica, and also it has no practical use that the other vehicles are lacking. However, a dlc can help with that. It can do this in a number of ways. Perhaps through making it smaller and giving it perks for new environments. Perhaps the DLC area will be big enough to fit the Atlas. Or, scrap the Atlas. We will be happy as long as there is a DLC! :)
  • CenandenCenanden Canada Join Date: 2018-02-13 Member: 237575Members
  • LordDregovLordDregov Join Date: 2018-02-14 Member: 237588Members
    Would it be possible to construct an elevator for your base? The capability already exists within the game with the Neptune rocket Gantry. I'm having fun building an infinite base that covers the entire planet (in creative mode, I'm not gunna do that much farming) the central part of my base is approximately 30 floors (utilizing the jack septiceye largest aquarium idea)

Also the multi purpose room should have an octagonal connection capability instead of a quad.

I would love to be able to bend the L compartments up and down then build a ladder inside.

The tubes should allow for gradually inclines. This would make it easier to connect bases from different parts of the map.
  • VionicescaVionicesca Join Date: 2018-02-15 Member: 237665Members
    I would like a plant pot that can be placed outside the base, under water. Grow beds are great but I'd love to have pots that each have a single Membrain Tree in them around my base and, to my knowledge, that is currently not possible.
  • PolylinePolyline Melbourne Join Date: 2018-02-16 Member: 237718Members
    I want more swimsuits, like a better skin for the reinforced dive suit, and a jellyfish, like a REAL jellyfish, not a snake, not a fish, a jellyfish!
  • PolylinePolyline Melbourne Join Date: 2018-02-16 Member: 237718Members
  • GhostwalkerGhostwalker United States Join Date: 2018-02-16 Member: 237724Members
    Have yet to play this game but have been seeing a play through. I have a suggestion that would make the game less of a hassle.

Either allow locker upgrades to store more stuff so we don't have to build so many.

If not that than allow all lockers in the same room to be search-able when 1 of them is opened, that way we don't have to go from locker to locker to find what we need.

• redheadplayaredheadplaya 5045 habersham hills drive Join Date: 2017-09-13 Member: 232986Members
    i have new prawn suit arm ideas. maybe there could be a scanner arm, repulsicannon arm, stasis rifle arm, and shield arm.
  • redheadplayaredheadplaya 5045 habersham hills drive Join Date: 2017-09-13 Member: 232986Members
    my other idea is for arctic biome

maybe there could be different parts of it like the ice forest filled with icebergs, the ice meteor with a giant snowy icy meteor, the ice temple with a whale leviathan like creature guarding it, the ice canyon, and the ice cap plains.

also i have some stuff for the twisty bridges ( if it is confirmed to be added )

1. the coral field: fauna i think that should be here: shuttlebug, new parasite called coral crawler, jellyray, crabsquid, warper, sea treader, and hoopfish.
    2. twisty bridges bridge islands: here are the fauna i want for this part of twisty bridges: ghost leviathan, and hoopfish.
    3. bridge forest: here are the fauna i want for this section: shuttlebug, ghost leviathan, jellyray, oculus, hoopfish, and hoopfish shoals.
    4. bridge canyon: fauna for this section: shuttlebug, bleeder, jellyray, crabsquid, oculus, sea treader, and hoopfish.
    5. the infinite tree: here are the fauna for this section: jellyray.
    6. alien sea: fauna for this section: shuttlebug, jellyray, oculus, sea treader, hoopfish, and mesmer.
    7. lilypad islands corridor: fauna for this section: shuttlebug, jellyray, crabsquid, sea treader, and hoopfish.

thats all for twisty bridges!

now for the lilypad islands ( if confirmed to be in expansion pack)

here is the depth range i would like for lilypad islands:
    0 - 500 meters deep

here are the harvesting nodes i would like for lilypad islands:
    sandstone outcrop

here are the fauna i would like for lilypad islands:
    lilypad lizard, bladderfish, spadefish, crabsnake, frog leviathan, and mesmer.

here are the raw materials i want for lilypad islands:
    1. lilypad seed
    2. diamond
    3. gold
    4. large quartz deposits
    5. large salt deposits
    6. lead
    7. lithium
    8. magnetite
    9. brain coral sample
    10. urininite crystal
    11. violet beau seed

here are the flora i want for lilypad islands:
    1. lilypad
    2. lilypad root
    3. spotted reeds
    4. violet beau

here is the coral i want for lilypad islands:
    1. brain coral

thats all for lilypad islands!

this is all for my ideas! let me know what you think of them

• LuchLuch Latvia Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 236007Members
    I kind of had hoped that the game would feature an Easter egg of sorts. We have the "Void" which is pretty much devoid of all life, save for a few Ghost Levies. I was kind of hopping that there would be one "massive" predator in that area, sort of like the Kraken of myths. I don't exactly mean that it should be present in the void at all times, rather act as an Easter egg, show up once or twice, then just disappear, something to give the game a tad bit more of an "horror" feeling.
  • oliverrookoliverrook Join Date: 2018-02-20 Member: 237999Members
    edited February 2018
    I have a bunch of ideas:

Electroblade - A modification of the survival knife that has a short stun effect on enemies.

Armored Suit - A combination of the Radiation Suit and the Reinforced Diving suit, with the downside of reducing swim speed.

Overclocked Seaglide - A modification of the seaglide that can be toggled into an overdrive mode making it fatser, but will overheat if used for too long. Best used in short bursts. Can be used to escape from some of the faster creatures in the game.

Stun Rifle - Similar to the Stasis Rifle, it can be used to freeze/stun enemies in place, however it can be used on larger creatures, but the effect is shorter over all.

Prawn Suit Scanner Arm - An arm attachment for the Prawn Suit that functions like a scanner, allowing you to scan things in those more dangerous biomes without needing to risk being so exposed. In addition, it would make it much easier to scan some of the more hostile creatures.

Impulsion Cannon - Basically the Repulsion cannon, but for pulling rather than pushing. Could be used to get items out of hard to reach places or that are just out of reach. Or it could be used to get a hold of fish without having to chase them around for 30 seconds at a time.

Scrapper - A modification of the Scanner that can pick up some materials other than titanium off of fragments, in exchange for being no longer able to scan.

Frost Sprayer - A fire extinguisher that has been made to use batteries and energy rather than fuel.

Battery Suit - A diving suit that can have batteries and a charge, which can be used to charge items and possibly vehicles.

Habitat Coloring - Just as the vehicles can be colored, I feel the habitat should also be able to be colored, along with some of the modules and furniture in it. It gets kind of boring when you have to use the same color.

Gold Finish - If you've played this game for a while, you'll probably have realized that gold is very easy to come by, and also probably have a bunch stockpiled if you didn't decide to throw it away. Gold, unlike the other common metal, Titanium, isn't used in very many recipes. I personally feel that this could be countered by using gold for it's major purpose other than circuitry, decorum. Gold could be used to add decorative features to things, such as detailing/embossment, a luxury finish, or simply as shiny plating.

Colored lighting - Lighting can have a huge impact on the feel and atmosphere of pretty much anything. Being able to have colored lighting in the base or have colored flood/spot lights (and maybe light sticks) could be an amazing way to customize aesthetics.
  • weakpenguenweakpenguen Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 237005Members
    decoy torpidos ! for seamoth torpido module and prawn suit torpido arm . pls. and if you can make a base inventory interface. tnx.
  • Slugbug0Slugbug0 Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238068Members
    I believe a really cool idea that would make people get more involved in gameplay like parts where players are looking for the Precursors many bases, where some blueprints or something somehow requires a body part from a specific sea creature in Subnautica, as I watched from Jacksepticeye, all creatures are pretty much killable. Sure maybe some will just see it as an unnecessary added challenge, but I think it would certainly make the game more diverse, like a sort of side-quest.
  • M_aVM_aV Join Date: 2018-02-22 Member: 238077Members
  • LivebyhonorLivebyhonor United States Join Date: 2018-02-02 Member: 236623Members
    I would like to see some more internal mods to the multi purpose room. like the ability to make it a partial moon-pool or a access from the outside that your cuddlefish can swim back into during night hours to come back into safety. possibly even glass tubes to connect joining rooms so your cuddlefish can swim along side you inside.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    As for @oliverrook overclocked seaglide, I think that in the arctic overheating would be the least of your worries. Rather energy consumption, risk of breaking your arm, risk of suffering brain damage, risk of letting go of seaglide and having it spin off into the distance, not being able to stop very quickly, not being able to turn easily, and many other problems.

Maybe the Impulsion Rifle can be an omnidirectional compelling tool / Tractor Beam which can move things forwards by scrolling the mouse up, moved towards the player by scrolling towards them, and follows the player's facing direction.

As for the frost sprayer, this doesn't make much sense overall. What would work, however, is a built-in 3D printer which can be fueled with certain plant-life/minerals for recycling as fire extinguisher

The game already has a clothing item which charges tools; fins.