Cyclops disappear when loading

13»

Comments

• CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    So is this fixed yet or what? I haven't tested it yet but i at least want to know if it's fixed.
  • izyproizypro Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223414Members
    Hi there,
    Im not sure if this is what the "cyclops disappear when loading" was but I'm gonna tell you what my issue with this was.
    I was using the command "sub cyclops" and it worked fine (the first time), it spawned in, was usable and nothing was wrong.
    However! When i spawned a sea moth in my game just froze? It wasn't responding so i force quit it, re-opened it, started a new game in creative, to see if i could use the vehicle builder, and then my game froze when trying to build a cyclops. I did the same thing twice, trying to build a PRAWN suit and another cyclops, yet my game still froze!
    this is really annoying because I can't get any forms of transport now and its ruining my experience. Is anyone else getting this? Is there a way to fix it? If anyone can tell me anything, please do and I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks.
    Hi there,
    Im not sure if this is what the "cyclops disappear when loading" was but I'm gonna tell you what my issue with this was.
    I was using the command "sub cyclops" and it worked fine (the first time), it spawned in, was usable and nothing was wrong.
    However! When i spawned a sea moth in my game just froze? It wasn't responding so i force quit it, re-opened it, started a new game in creative, to see if i could use the vehicle builder, and then my game froze when trying to build a cyclops. I did the same thing twice, trying to build a PRAWN suit and another cyclops, yet my game still froze!
    this is really annoying because I can't get any forms of transport now and its ruining my experience. Is anyone else getting this? Is there a way to fix it? If anyone can tell me anything, please do and I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks. :)
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    izypro wrote: »
    Hi there,
    If anyone can tell me anything, please do and I'd be very grateful.

In the console type "nocost" (without the quotes) then press enter.

Now go to the vehicle creation module and craft a cyclops and seamoth without needing any materials, this should give you working transportation without the freezes caused by spawning it in.

(and you can just enter the nocost command a second time to turn it off.

edited October 2016
    Silveressa wrote: »
    izypro wrote: »
    Hi there,
    If anyone can tell me anything, please do and I'd be very grateful.

In the console type "nocost" (without the quotes) then press enter.

Now go to the vehicle creation module and craft a cyclops and seamoth without needing any materials, this should give you working transportation without the freezes caused by spawning it in.

(and you can just enter the nocost command a second time to turn it off.

its still freezing my game, thanks anyway though
    edited October 2016
    my glitch has been fixed now
  • CreepermissileCreepermissile Join Date: 2016-12-09 Member: 224758Members
    Same issue I docked my seamoth in my cyclops saw an error loading thing during start up and poof gone
  • DelcienDelcien UK Join Date: 2017-01-16 Member: 226839Members
    Can someone confirm if this cyclops dissappearing bug has been fixed? I want to retry Subnautica after 4 months of leaving it alone after the bug kicked in and I lost everything...

Delcien
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    That was fixed in build 40062 IIRC, rightnow stable is 42313, so yeah, you should be just ducky.
  • kzintzikzintzi Australia Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238442Members
    I'm experiencing an issue with my game (unable to start a new thread until tomorrow apparently, so I'll post this here now)...

loading my save in the cave/passage between lost river and inactive lava fields, the game locks up for several minutes after the loading base/cyclops info then finally loads, except all my bases have gone, plus my beacons, etc, I have no cyclops/prawn, half my inventory is gone and I'm 900m underwater 20 minutes from the surface.. I last about 45 secs and die. have rebooted, repaired my game cahce and it's still boned.. not really wanting to restart given I'm 22 hours in.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    @ Kzintzi, my best advice would be to use the console commands (assuming you're playing on the PC anyway) to teleport yourself back to the safe shallows (or just turn off O2 consumption temporarily and swim back there.) and rebuild everything you lost?

Though I am curious if this is a new game since the 1.0 release, or if this is an old save from an earlier build that's having this bug issue?