Does the Hull Reinforcement even work??

nafeasontonafeasonto Meow Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207824Members
I noticed in the Seamoth/Cyclops that I take the same damage with it on or off.

I test this, I set my Seamoth in the same position, with F1, went full speed into a rock, took 8 damage.

Healed it, went back into the same position with the Hull Reinforcement, and took 8 damage.

The Cyclops is PAPER and is easily hurt, I honestly hate driving it. Even with it fully upgraded, 8 ION cells, using that Shield Generator takes up way too much power to be good for more then short bursts, on top of that there is no Solar Charger, only Heat. It's only good for the Lava Zone and that's it. Since you are surrounded by heat.

This thing drains power like it isn't there, and even with the Efficiency Module, and Heat Recharge it takes an extremely long time to recharge.

Comments

• SickSixSickSix FL Join Date: 2018-01-29 Member: 236202Members
    I don't think hull reinforcement acts as damage mitigation, I think it just adds extra HP, right?
  • nafeasontonafeasonto Meow Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207824Members
    SickSix wrote: »
    I don't think hull reinforcement acts as damage mitigation, I think it just adds extra HP, right?

That's? A little dumb. It should work off of percentage base damaged, not take the same damage with more HP.
  • GoldenApplesGoldenApples norway Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232914Members
    Damage is only reduced from collision with terrain. Other sources of damage such as aggressive fauna do full damage.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Damage is only reduced from collision with terrain. Other sources of damage such as aggressive fauna do full damage.

At least for the PRAWN it seems to work for fauna too. For me a reaper grab attack deals 30 damage without and 20 with the reinforcement if I don't interfere.
  • HCP2311HCP2311 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235914Members
    edited February 2018
    Thought you were asking about the base reinforcements. I've never made one of those modules, but considering I drive my seamoth like a bumper-car, maybe I should.
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    nafeasonto wrote: »

That's? A little dumb. It should work off of percentage base damaged, not take the same damage with more HP.

I'm actually disappointed that no one pointed out that it amounts to the exactly same thing.

However I do believe the hull reinforcement is not working as intended. But I'm usually wrong.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Maalteromm wrote: »

I'm actually disappointed that no one pointed out that it amounts to the exactly same thing.

However I do believe the hull reinforcement is not working as intended. But I'm usually wrong.

Yeah, it's supposed to reduce damage % from collisions and I believe attacks as well.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Maalteromm wrote: »

Yeah, it's supposed to reduce damage % from collisions and I believe attacks as well.

But it did a broke.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    I haven't seen it do anything ever. I really have no idea what it's for and why they never made it better.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I wonder if it's partially bugged. As in, it works but only in certain slots, or only if certain modules aren't equipped, or something.