Scanner Room

ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
Hello , it was for ask to players something , infact i've noticed something strange in the resources screen in scanner room , sometime i've 3 pages , often 2 pages , and even sometime only 1 page (not even full) , how is it possible ?

Of course , i speak about the same base each time ,i didnt move the scanner room , or change upgrades "equiped".

Sorry for my english.

Comments

• turtlefrogturtlefrog Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235346Members
    edited January 2018
    You find only what is in range (500 meter ? depends on upgrade?) of the scanner room. And ressourches dont respawn if you have already collected them.So it can be that your scanner room found in the past ressource x , but it does suddenly disapear from the screen, because there is no ressource x more left in this area after you have collected all of it (as far as i understand it corect).

So just build a small base in another region if you have mined your area dry.
  • AsmodanAsmodan Germany Join Date: 2018-01-24 Member: 235649Members
    edited January 2018
    I have this problem too. Or i dont know how the Scanner Room works. For example, sometimes there is clearly Quartz outside but it is not showing in the Scanner Room. When i leave the Base and gather some, then it shows up in the Scanner Room. Do you have to swim through the Area and discover things before they are available in the Room?
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    The Scanner Room takes some time to pick up resources and as @turtlefrog says it's got a max range. How many pages depends on how many items are detected at the moment.
    turtlefrog wrote: »
    You find only what is in range (500 meter ? depends on upgrade?) of the scanner room.
    In a game earlier in the month a Scanner Room with 4 range upgrades couldn't see a wreck 700-800m away. Next game I'll have to check using a common resource and the UI chip to see at what range the Scanner selection is no longer marked with circles.

I'm not sure about resources not respawning. At least at some time in the past, I've seen resources respawn, but I think that was changed a few times. It still may hold for plant resources like Acid Mushrooms or Cave Sulphur. Again, something that will need testing.
  • ShadoxShadox France Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235990Members
    So sometime its 2 pages , some minutes after , 1 page , some minutes after 3 pages and so on (so its totaly not a question about taking all ressources , they disepear and appear like random).

No i don't have to go out for gather for make them appear , i simply do something else and i come check later.

Also i have range upgrade x4 , and i never remove them.

Like Asmodan say , for example , i'm in an area with quartz (safe area of lifepod 5) , and they aren't always in the list (even if i have quartz near my base).

Sometime even very common thing like Limestone Outcrop didn't show in the list.

Also about resources who don't respawn , i must admit i have some doubt , i'm around day 110 and i still find resources near my base.

Sorry for my english.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    It takes a while after you first load the game for the Scanner Room to 'map' the resources in the area and display them (it doesn't memorize them).
    Yeah but notice when i said "sometime 2 pages , then 3 pages , then 1 page" , i speak about the same game session.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    it depends on what parts of the map have been loaded.
    Yeah you have to swim around to load them.
    Maybe it also depends on your gpu vram or something like that if he remembers the diferents parts of the map after some time
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Blrg wrote: »
    Maybe it also depends on your gpu vram or something like that if he remembers the diferents parts of the map after some time

This must be why people still think the Scanner Drones remotely increase Scanner Room range -- they're loading different areas of the map when they get used (so I guess in reality they are extending the range of the Scanner Room).
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I'm clearly an expert on this stuff and not some guy who has no life and is sarcastic but this nay be why
    bcv6oc91abj8.png
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Blrg wrote: »

This must be why people still think the Scanner Drones remotely increase Scanner Room range -- they're loading different areas of the map when they get used (so I guess in reality they are extending the range of the Scanner Room).

But like on the same session i can have 2 pages , then 3 , then 1 , it mean some area are unload after some time (or if i'm too far of them) , and scanner room can't keep data from these unloaded area ?

If it's the case it sound pretty broken IMO...