[BUG][VR] Spawned in the lower level after docking into the cyclops [59783 steam]

vpelletiervpelletier Members Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Posts: 52 Advanced user
edited January 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
How to reproduce:
  1. play in VR mode (seated, in case it makes any difference)
  2. get a cyclops and a seamoth (prawn not tested)
  3. pilot the seamoth and dock it to the cyclops

To repeat from a docked seamoth:
  1. enter docked seamoth (seamoth exits dock)
  2. exit seamoth
  3. re-enter seamoth
  4. re-dock

This exit-and-re-enter-seamoth step seems to be the one triggering the issue most reliably.

Effect:
Once docking animation finishes, player gets spawned in the world, but not on top of the seamoth.
Out of 4 tries, I was spawned:
  • 3 times in the bottom half of the cyclops, with the cyclops rolling (in pitch/yaw/roll sense) more or less severely to the right
  • 1 time I got spawned outside of the cyclops, and the cyclops launched into the air. To give an idea about how "launched" it got: I was above the jellyshroom cave entrance closest to the aurora, on the border with kelp forest, and the cyclops landed on top of the aurora, between the engines, a overhanging a bit from the back of the aurora. Too bad I did not think to screenshot...

Entering the seamoth seated and standing up right before docking does not improve the result: viewpoint is higher above seat/ground both before and after docking, and I still got spawned in the lower cyclops level.
Post edited by vpelletier on
gandlers

Comments