"Seek fluid intake."

nafeasontonafeasonto Meow Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207824Members
I am sorry, but the way your guy goes through water is waaay to fast. I am spending half of the salt in the biomes on water. The filtration machine, takes way to long to even make one bottle of water as well.

The food consumption is perfect, water is a little ridiculous.

I can understand when you exert yourself when swimming, but if you are just inside the cyclops or seamouth, no reason it needs to go down that fast.

Comments

• NuclearTestingNuclearTesting Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232082Members
    Water is fine, my strategy is to spend about three to five minutes every two to three in-game days to stockpile bladderfish and convert them all into water.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    I agree the water meter does go down pretty quick. When ever I play on going on a long big trip, say to the lava biome or lost river, I spend at least 15-30 minutes making sure I have enough water. It’s a little insane
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Yes, maybe water should decrease 25% faster than food instead of 50%. Or there should be more/better ways to get water in the earlygame.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    They doubled the output of the purified water recipe. That basically solved all my water problems.
  • saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
    Late game, you should have your stillsuit which more or less fixes your water problem. Then occassionally, go back to base, pull out two bottles from your water filtration unit, use the salt to cure 2 reginalds from your alien containement unit where they breed to replace the ones you take and you don't have to worry about it. Or better yet, put an indoor grow bed in your Cyclops, fill it with marblemelons and use your stillsuit.
    "SEEK FLUID INTAKE"
    "SSEEEKK FFLLUUIIDD IINNTTAAKKEE"
    "SSSSEEEEEEKKKK FFFFLLLLUUUUIIIIDDDD IIIINNNNTTTTAAAAKKKKEEEE"
    the dehydration has gotten to me
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Or better yet, put an indoor grow bed in your Cyclops, fill it with marblemelons and use your stillsuit.
    Takes a small amount of more Titanium, but I find Plant Pots are better for Marblemelons; much more flexible in how they can be placed.

• VahalVahal wandering in my dear Seamoth Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234986Members
    yup, I have 6 plants pots filled with 4 melons. I eat 3, I turn one in seeds, plant them, repeat... No more food/water issue. Before I used bulbo tree samples but it was nerfed by the last update.
    I even don't use the water done by the purifier. I sometime brought one bottle with me when I go far away from my Cyclops with my Seamoth/Prawn but most of the time I come back to her before because my backpack and storage are full of stuff :D
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    It really boggles my mind every time someone posts saying the food and/or water goes down too quickly. On the first day or so, it is something you think about. But after that, it hardly seems noticeable.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    I do think the water filtration machine needs to be a bit more efficient. It takes far too long to filter water. Running enough machines for them to be a viable water source, takes a fair amount of power to make happen. Im not looking for easy water. Just for the machines to be a bit faster, or be balanced better in some way. Maybe 1.0 will bring some changes to that.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I do think the water filtration machine needs to be a bit more efficient. It takes far too long to filter water. Running enough machines for them to be a viable water source, takes a fair amount of power to make happen. Im not looking for easy water. Just for the machines to be a bit faster, or be balanced better in some way. Maybe 1.0 will bring some changes to that.

If you think you need more water for the amount of time the Filtration machine takes, then combine what it makes with Coral Tube Samples. ;)
    Speaking of water filtration, where the heck is aero jell?
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    You can always do a sweep of the Aurora, there are tons of bottles in there, especially in the cafe closet.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Speaking of water filtration, where the heck is aero jell?

You have to pick up
    Gel Sacks

to unlock the blueprint.
  • GameSageGameSage Join Date: 2018-01-16 Member: 235086Members
    I offset the way things tend to go by setting up 4 filtration machines to build a massive supply of salt. And with 4 machines i get salt fast enough that I can use half the salt for preserving food, and the other half for making +30 water. However, because one bleach makes 2 water, i cram more into my cyclops (i use the default stores for food/water but mostly water since my cyclops has an on board marble melon farm) by storing the bleach. This way when i return from ore gathering, i drink one thing of bleach converted into 2x+30 waters or if i'm near dying of thirst two of the +50.

As for food, there are a couple biomes where getting back to your sub in a hurry with the prawn is impractical. sure it may be 30 meters away on the other side of a rock wall, but who knows how many winding tunnels and for how long you'll have to walk before you get around the wall. And I don't like having to stop a mining trip short to go back and cram a marble melon smoothie. So i keep a "farm" of sorts at my base and outposts loaded with Reginalds. Leave two in there and they are self replenishing.

P.S. Now i want a marble melon smoothie.
  • VahalVahal wandering in my dear Seamoth Join Date: 2018-01-12 Member: 234986Members
    I just eat some fishes time to time because, you know food diversity is key of healthy condition...
    Really, food/water is not an issue even if they decrease quite fast. you can make water with bladderfishes, you can find easily tons of salt even before water purifier (I filled EIGHT boxes with salt just by picking it on the ground) and of course you have the easy peasy Melon you find on the floating island. Just hit one with the knife, get some seeds and voilà, you now have infinite food/water source. :o
    Plant four seeds, wait, eat 2 melons, turn the 2 remaining as seeds, wait, do the same until you have 6 plant pots filled. And now you can eat 3 melons, turn the fourth into seeds, plant them, eat other melons when you need and so on... Infinite food/water. And if you want different food, you have chinese potatoes or hunt for fishes. I don't even use nutrient blocks (would be nice to be able to make them even if the amount of food needed is enormous, yiou know just to have some tech food instead salted stuff.)