Wrong Key Bindings

lixilixillixilixil Subnautica Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234936Members
edited January 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Version:
(Steam) Early Development Build 59557

Unexpected results:
Different keys are used to open and close storage-items.
"Left hand"-key is used to OPEN storage-items like Lockers, Battery Chargers etc... but why "PDA"-key is used to CLOSE them?
This is wrong Key Bindings.

Expected results:
"PDA"-key should be used to open and close PDA (ok, this is correct behavior)!
"Left hand"-key should be used in both cases: to open storage-item and to close them (this should be correct behavior).

Possible Fix:
Bind "Left Hand"-key to close storage-items (in addition).

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    What? Those keybinds seem correct tho. Left click to open, tab to close PDA, or storage which is shown in PDA.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    It sounds like you don’t like the way it has been coded to work. If so, that is not a bug. It is a suggestion for game enhancement. :)
  • lixilixillixilixil Subnautica Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234936Members
    edited January 2018
    I really don't understand behavior

Open PDA = "PDA"-key
    Close PDA = "PDA"-key

Open Storage = "Left Hand"-key
    Close Storage = "PDA"-key - WHY PDA KEY IS USED FOR THIS?

What's the benefit to use one key to open item, and another to close?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    lixilixil wrote: »
    I really don't understand behavior

Open PDA = "PDA"-key
    Close PDA = "PDA"-key

Open Storage = "Left Hand"-key
    Close Storage = "PDA"-key - WHY PDA KEY IS USED FOR THIS?

PDA key is used because upon opening a storage with your hand, it auto-shows the content in your PDA. The menu is entirely in your PDA, so of course Tab is close. Pressing tab to open, tho, wouldn't make sense for containers.
    edited January 2018
    PDA key is used because upon opening a storage with your hand, it auto-shows the content in your PDA. The menu is entirely in your PDA, so of course Tab is close. Pressing tab to open, tho, wouldn't make sense for containers.

Disagree! It's not content in my PDA.
    This is inventory and storage items. NOT PDA!

Disagree! It's not content in my PDA.
    This is inventory and storage items. NOT PDA!

Erm, but that's not what I even meant. I meant that the storage is SHOWN in the PDA. Not that it is IN the PDA. IT's shown and manipulated Via PDA, not another menu. If it's shown on the PDA, tab closes it.
    edited January 2018

Erm, but that's not what I even meant. I meant that the storage is SHOWN in the PDA. Not that it is IN the PDA. IT's shown and manipulated Via PDA, not another menu. If it's shown on the PDA, tab closes it.

Ok! Question is why I can't close the storage with "Left Hand" too?

Ok! Question is why I can't close the storage with "Left Hand" too?

Because after opening the storage, you character pulls up the PDA. This means you don't close the door, but you close the PDA.
    edited January 2018
    Because after opening the storage, you character pulls up the PDA. This means you don't close the door, but you close the PDA.

My dear friend, I don't speak about what happens in "Subnautica World".
    Question is about game-design and interaction with items.

It only brings confusion!
    Single-key interaction is implemented just for PDA, why there are no single-key interaction for Storage-Items?
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    edited January 2018
    Because that key binding is already in-use for another action whilst in the inventory menus.

*EDIT*
    Furthermore, the mechanic is functioning as programmed. This is more of an idea/suggestion rather than a bug.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members