Just Quietly, Subnautica Has Been Updated - Subnautica

Comments

• Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Tested Subnautica out last night - Nice polish all around.

- Fabricator menu looks cleaner
    - Beacons are less intrusive yet more helpful
    - PDA functionality/information more professional looking
    - Main game settings screens look better
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    I believe the water effect in the moonpool looks nicer than before too.

But my favourite long-distance navigation beacon is not there anymore...
    aurora's front
  • NDeadNDead España Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234933Members
    I do not know exactly why when I scan myself the scanner tells me that I am "normal" and not infected, I don't know if it is a bug, or...
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    NDead wrote: »
    I do not know exactly why when I scan myself the scanner tells me that I am "normal" and not infected, I don't know if it is a bug, or...

Probably means you aren't infected yet. Being infected from the get go always bothered me. It might be on a time delay now or maybe eat x number of things and then get infected.

Looking forward to the launch! :D
  • CappYCappY China Join Date: 2018-01-13 Member: 235007Members
    This has been the most surprisingly good game I've played in a long time. It shows that you only need 1 well designed planet (not 12quintillion) to make a good exploration/survival game.
    Haven't put a lot of time in since this patch, but there are a couple of things that I've noticed:
    1) It seems the players metabolism has been sped up, causing hunger/thirst to be more of an issue. I'm not sure if it's intended (seems more like a side effect), but the stillsuit now produces water at a much faster rate, granting me much more water then required.

*as a side not to this, I think making farming have more of an impact would be a better balance (for both food management and the bioreactor) than needing food more often. Having plants grow slower, and needing light (power draw) to grow would make more sense, as finding one melon ends all your food thirst and power problems simultaneously, while costing almost nothing in regards to upkeep or time.

2) water looks less fluid on shore lines. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the water on the surface/shoreline looks less natural. It also clips into the cyclops and I don't recall this happening before. Not a big deal, but it effects the immersion slightly.
  • ManiAx4ManiAx4 Germany, Hamburg Join Date: 2018-01-11 Member: 234952Members
    Will be there some changes for the Final Update (1.0), and can we previewed it, what chages will come??

And good luck .. :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2018
    ManiAx4 wrote: »
    Will be there some changes for the Final Update (1.0), and can we previewed it, what chages will come??

And good luck .. :)

Well the most logical scenario from a marketing perspective is for them to hide all the final stuff for v1.0 behind closed doors, to hype up the actual release and giving the players that "new game" vibe on release
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
    When doesv1.0 come out I’m so ready
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Jan 23rd on PC. Xbox will get that update but won't be considered full release as it's not optimized as much as the devs would like (but it will have the v1.0 update, it will just be considered "Game Preview" still)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    When doesv1.0 come out I’m so ready

Just a few people watching this lad

"Almost 16k viewers in here right now! Tuning in." - @Flayra

• joshmiller83joshmiller83 Join Date: 2018-01-11 Member: 234951Members
    Does this Dev team not actually do Patch Notes?

Not for the experimental versions on Steam, but they do keep a list of them for public content patches and add them in a list if they are actually important enough. And there are the almighty Subnautica Trello boards for you to oggle :tongue:

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap
    https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/
  • NDeadNDead España Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234933Members
    Wheeljack wrote: »
    NDead wrote: »

Probably means you aren't infected yet. Being infected from the get go always bothered me. It might be on a time delay now or maybe eat x number of things and then get infected.

Looking forward to the launch! :D

I don't know, but later I was infected again, in which case, we will continue waiting for 1.0. :)
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited January 2018
    I really love the new moonpool water effect. But the dev's still hasn't fixed the edge of the water showing through the walls. It's a pet peeve I really hate lol.
  • StormShockerStormShocker Join Date: 2017-08-27 Member: 232676Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2018
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Not for the experimental versions on Steam, but they do keep a list of them for public content patches and add them in a list if they are actually important enough. And there are the almighty Subnautica Trello boards for you to oggle :tongue:

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap
    https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/

@joshmiller83 @Kouji_San You can also check this for a blow-by-blow of what they're doing right now and in the past: https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/changes-and-checkins
  • zakn4zakn4 england Join Date: 2018-01-15 Member: 235072Members
  • ThaumicThaumic UK Join Date: 2018-01-15 Member: 235073Members
  • RyouhiRyouhi Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204028Members
    Man, while i haven't played the game for like 3 years i'm so incredibly excited to play it again now that it'll finally release soon.

It's been tough to hold off on playing the game again in the past years, but i didn't want to spoil myself too much before the game releases properly - though i have been eagerly following the development of the game on Trello.

I wish the Devs all well and hope Launch Day comes along without any problems <3

I do have one question however - will we finally get the Soundtrack when the game fully releases?
    edited January 2018
    @Ryouhi well you're in for a world of difference compared to three years ago. I've only dabbled in the first three zones on and off, pretty damn hard to avoid spoilers on these here forums though and YouTube :D

Also, for now we do have this as a sort of OST: https://soundcloud.com/subnautica

And mostly this I guess:
  • RyouhiRyouhi Join Date: 2015-05-02 Member: 204028Members
    @kouji_san that's exactly why i've avoided the game for so long even though i wanted to play it so badly!

I already loved it so much back then (my only real complaint was pop-in of the terrain - did they fix that?) i can't wait to see what else they have implemented :)

Also in regeards to the soundtrack, i do have a collection i downloaded from Soundcloud like last year or so, but i'm unsure whether it's the "whole" soundtrack, which is why a complete official release would be great - and i remember the soundtrack was supposed to be included as dlc (and free for early access buyers i believe?)
    edited January 2018
    Well if your sample for performance is three years ago, the performance improvements are beyond amazing and quite something to behold. Ocasionally you might get some pop-ins, but the game runs buttery smooth now. Even on my low memory (in this day and age) HD5870 1Gb card on a 2500K at 4.4/4.5Ghz 16GB DDR3-1600. I really need to upgrade that card some day and maybe throw in some DDR3-2400 memory, I hear good things about that mem bandwidth increase :D I can't speak for Xbone, but I hear people seeing huge improvements as well, within what the Xbone can do.

Yep, I'm with you on that. OST > Soundcloud, always!
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I can now run Subnautica @ 1080p ~25-35 fps with basically no stuttering on my 2012 era gaming laptop (i7 3rd gen + GT 650M). Admittedly, I have upgraded to an SSD since then, which does help loading between areas.
  • ThethunderviperThethunderviper France Join Date: 2016-06-15 Member: 218613Members
    Stoped to play the game for like 1year , im so excited to play the final version

I remember when they were no lost river but just bone and a strange song , not even lava zone and also when it was impossible to explore aurora . And now we are near the final release with way more content , so excited :D
    Stoped to play the game for like 1year , im so excited to play the final version

I remember when they were no lost river but just bone and a strange song , not even lava zone and also when it was impossible to explore aurora . And now we are near the final release with way more content , so excited :D

I've got really bad news for you and people coming back though

We still have no boat with fishing gear \o/
  • NarratorNarrator Join Date: 2018-01-15 Member: 235071Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

We still have no boat with fishing gear \o/

Truly, this is the worst possible outcome for this game.
  • OsuushiOsuushi France Join Date: 2018-01-17 Member: 235111Members
    Does the launchpad and the rocket for escape will work both for the release? Anyway happy to see this great game exit the early access ;) nice work !
    edited January 2018
    Osuushi wrote: »
    Does the launchpad and the rocket for escape will work both for the release? Anyway happy to see this great game exit the early access ;) nice work !

AFAIK... >_>

<_<

They will launch the rocket launcher, on launch...

Why is there a html break there, damn forum messing with my funnies :angry:
  • Uriel238Uriel238 Vacaville Join Date: 2016-12-02 Member: 224434Members
    The habitat builder doesn't work on my system on the new build. I can mouse over menu options but the menu vanishes with a click. Anyone else getting this?
  • Lucifer69Lucifer69 Join Date: 2018-01-17 Member: 235115Members
    Performance has been substantially improved as of late. Early 2017 my PC struggled to maintain 60 fps and often dipped into the teens (1080 Ultra). Now I have next to no dips unless I'm doing some long treks in the Cyclops and even then it's more like a slight hiccup.

Granted I did upgrade from an i7-2600 to an i7-7700k @ 4.7. I did test it on both CPU's for good measure and the gains are still night and day. The game is so much more smoother. One thing to note is I do use PrimoCache and dedicate 16Gb of my 32Gb to it. Mileage may very.