The Sunbeam

RagnosRagnos Join Date: 2017-05-29 Member: 230812Members
edited January 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
This has been on my mind for quite some time, ever since I first stood on the beach side and said to myself: "Wait... that's no tower..."
So, I understand that the array can currently be disabled.
I've been meaning to test this theory out for myself, but I can't seem to get away from resource gathering for my base long enough to do so.

If you progress the game far enough to the Sunbeam arrival countdown but have the equipment necessary to make a bee-line to get the cure and disable the array in time before it's arrival would you get an ending, or what? Has anyone tried this before?

I've tried looking up this scenario before to find out what happens or if it is even possible.

Comments

• WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    As far as I know, after disabling the quarantine plateforme and having the sunbeam arrive, it will exploses like you did not disable the gun.

It should be change, i remember obraxis saying something about saving the sunbeam a while back.
    I dont know if it is still to do.
  • RocketRocket Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235036Members
    I'm sure I read something somewhere to the effect that the Sunbeam's crew suddenly find themselves unable to locate a suitable landing spot.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited January 2018
    If you disable the gun before the sunbeam comes. You get a radio message where they say they can't rescue you due to debris in the atmosphere. This alternate end for the sunbeam is non canon. the devs never wanted the Sunbeam to save you in the first place. So the debris thing is stupid but it at least goes with their will
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Multiple endings!

TBH @jamintheinfinite_1, that is kinda a huge copout, surely the Aurora hasn't caused an entire planet wide orbital debris shield :D Just have those lazy fuckers enter the atmosphere at another spot and fly over to your "safe shallows" beacon :tongue:
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Great spoiler you put into the title. Might want to edit that.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Fathom wrote: »

He won't be able to with that post count, I don't think.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Unless he changed
    Did he change it? It just says "The Sunbeam"
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Unless he changed
    Did he change it? It just says "The Sunbeam"

Mods may have changed it, it was brought to their attention. Yup, it says "edited by Foxy" on it now. (in red at the bottom of the post)
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Last time I checked, the Sunbeam cutscene plays as normal, with the "disabled" alien gun still firing a bigass green beam... it just comes out of nowhere instead of the gun barrel because the facility is shut down. I had thought they were holding off on the alternate escape method like they were with the rocket... if it's just a cop-out and they abandon you anyway, that's disappointing.