Subnautica Performance benchmarks over time (includes avg, max, hitches, etc etc)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Feel free to remove this if the devs make an official thread about it, but (click the picture for an interestingly detailed breakdown):

2czaa9t.jpg

Comments

• GawainGawain Join Date: 2016-11-13 Member: 223846Members
    Well, I would love to see this improvement on my PC. My FPS went down a LOT after Eye Candy patch, even though I set everything to low, while before I had all opions set to medium or even high. I didn't try a full reinstall yet, so I'll give it a shot later.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Gawain wrote: »
    Well, I would love to see this improvement on my PC. My FPS went down a LOT after Eye Candy patch, even though I set everything to low, while before I had all opions set to medium or even high. I didn't try a full reinstall yet, so I'll give it a shot later.

Shut the eyecandy off. If you've got a normal Hard Disk (that is *not* an SSD), then defrag it first. After an update, (of anything), if you have performance issues on a non-SSD, defrag (or wait and don't use your computer for a while and Windows *should* automagically do it for you, if it's not busy with other stuff). Do *NOT*, however, defrag an SSD (won't help with those anyways, they don't work the same way as a spinny / traditional HDD does).