[BUG] Unable To Enter Alien Containment: Hatch Broken (Experimental 56809)

KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
edited November 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I think this is one for @Belgarel, since the hatch fix was his work. :)

I am unable to enter my alien containment units. When I attempt it, the game simply refuses to let me, no matter where I build the hatch.

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I just tried this in the latest 56809 build and had no issues with hatches and the aquarium.

It might be worth you upload your saved game, in case it's an upgrade issue.
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I'd like to see a save. I suspect there's some other bug that's causing some people to have a base that never reaches 'isReady' state after load and because of that they're hitting the animation bypass stuff every time on hatches and bulkheads. I'm much more concerned with fixing that than fixing the workarounds in place for the alien containment that should only be active for a few seconds, although I'll look into that when I get up.

The guy who originally reported the hatch issue had symptoms of this permanent unready state (bulkheads would always skip the animation until he left the base) but he claimed they went away after the changes.

EDIT: I've fixed that issue with the containment in 56831, but I want to stress that this isn't the main bug you're running into and I still need a save that can reproduce it. You'll likely notice in your current state that hatch and bulkhead animations are instant. They aren't supposed to be.
  • Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    edited November 2017
    Comment removed - check the edit above instead. ^
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    Not a problem! Forgive me for zipping up all the save folders, as I can't identify which is the save file I was using at a glance; it's saved in the Lost River presently. I noticed the issue at my base at the Crash Zone.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z0424e1tY9HwjenepWp50GkLBqDsyqU3

• Espartex200Espartex200 Join Date: 2017-05-01 Member: 230167Members
    It happened also to me, but I just deleted the world
  • BelgarelBelgarel Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231570Members, Subnautica Developer
    @Kurasu So looking into that save, what's happening is the base is in a position where it isn't necessarily fully loaded given where you might be standing when at a hatch. If you run around it a bit first to get everything loaded in you should notice those instant animations stop. Fixing it fully looks like a huge task and with the fixes to the hatch animation to prevent people getting trapped in the animation or dropped through the ocean it should at least be /okay/, sooo.. It should be good for now. Just for future reference, the issue is with IsRangeActiveAndBuilt.
    Aha! So the issue *is* with the save itself, and not with the game?

Because while it'll hurt to delete the save, it's something kind of expected in an Early Access game. ;)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited November 2017
    Kurasu wrote: »
    Aha! So the issue *is* with the save itself, and not with the game?

Because while it'll hurt to delete the save, it's something kind of expected in an Early Access game. ;)

It is a bug with the game, but the save has the specific situation which brings it out - hatch location may not allow game to fully load the base. (Not sure if this means there is too much to load at the location, or if the base spans too many loaded areas, or if the hatch is on a border between areas.)
    @narfblat:

Gotcha!

It's in the crash zone, near both the mushroom forest and the ship, so there's a lot nearby (that wasn't an accident when I built it!).

The entrance hatch was fine (unless the 'instant entrance' happened, which I didn't notice); any attempt to get into the hatch on the aquarium failed repeatedly, however, even after removing it and rebuilding it on the other side, *and* upstairs.
    Yeah, it turned out to be nothing really serious. People with bases that cross certain boundaries will sometimes get to skip cinematics for now. Tell me if you can't get in/out of a hatch on the current experimental. That bug with the cinematic bypass should be fixed.