Subnautica Ports

Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
PORTS

Yes yes I know theres Steam and Xbox but I'm talking App store Google Play and PS4

This doesn't need to be right now but still only Steam and Xbox?
Lots of my friends want to play Subnautica but can't because they have IPads Androids or PS4s but all I'm trying to say is I'd like to play Subnautica on one of these

Comments

• Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    edited November 2017
    PORTS

YI'd like to play Subnautica on one of these

One of these what is that?

Oh well the link is gone
  • Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    There was a link for a nintendo switch image but it broke
    Oh wait I'm talking to myself
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The game wouldn't run on mobile.
  • AlphapainAlphapain sweden Join Date: 2017-11-04 Member: 233838Members
    please add multiplayer its not fun without play with friends
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    The devs won't add multiplayer. If you want multiplayer then use the Multiplayer mod when it comes out
    when it comes out?
    edited November 2017
    The multiplayer mod will come out when subnautica hits 1.0. the current 1.0 date is Jan 16 2018

I mean the one on apple computers

I meant the Apple computer App Store
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    this post is a mess

1. it's never going to run on any mobile device
    2. it may be ported to PS4, but that's a long ways away
    3. no multiplayer
    Then why did you mention Ipads and androids. As well as a Mac computer would cost more than a normal computer and Mac computers are know for being under powered.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I like this thread... It's my favorite!
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I like this thread... It's my favorite!

The op started talking to himself

People are having a conversation without the quoting system

Still can't accept there's no multiplayer.

10/10
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Then why did you mention Ipads and androids. As well as a Mac computer would cost more than a normal computer and Mac computers are know for being under powered.

It already runs on Macs, just install Steam and away you go. Link to Subnautica Steam page, see system requirements, click "Mac OS X" to view Mac requirements. rolleyes.gif
    I never said it can't run in Mac. I just said games don't run well on Mac despite how expensive it is.
    I never said it can't run in Mac. I just said games don't run well on Mac despite how expensive it is.

Yeah. In general, if you have a top-end Mac, costing as much as a monster PC, it will perform the same as a mid-range PC (although their pro workstations might be different, I dunno, but they probably cost as much as a small house, too).
  • FractaliteFractalite Join Date: 2017-11-08 Member: 233889Members
    Alphapain wrote: »
    please add multiplayer its not fun without play with friends

Devs confirmed that they will not be making any semblance of multiplayer in the game. They said that even if they tried, it'd take another year at least before v1.0 releases.
    Let me fix this and get back on track

I would like ports for.....
    1.App Store (macs)
    2.Google Play (chromebooks aka android laptops)
    3.PS4 (Most likely)
    4.Nintendo Switch (No game cart just E-Shop)

I think I cleared this up

I want the non-steam PC so people like this can enjoy Subnautica

reddit.com/r/facepalm/comments/7dqwmh/beware_of_steam_spyware/
    I want the non-steam PC so people like this can enjoy Subnautica

reddit.com/r/facepalm/comments/7dqwmh/beware_of_steam_spyware/

So you'd want it released on GOG.com then. :)
    edited December 2017
    Cory has said himself Subnautica can't run on the Switch. Remember, Nintendo doesn't care if they have the most powerful console, just the most fun console.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Cory has said himself Subnautica can't run on the Switch. Remember, Nintendo doesn't care if they have the most powerful console, just the most fun console.

While I do agree that Nintendo definitely seems to prefer prioritizing 'Fun' over 'Powerful', this also meant that they missed out on having the upcoming Monster Hunter title be on their platform. Instead, theirs is the only major platform that doesn't get it - Playstation, PC, even XboxOne/X (A first for the entire franchise) gets to have it - since the Switch simply couldn't handle MH World's requirements.

Might not seem like too big a deal, except for Switch owners, but Nintendo's had the past six main games be exclusive to them, so that probably hit them pretty hard - emotionally if not financially.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2017
    I've always detested platform exclusives apart from the pure platform specific characters (mostly Mario/Sonic type of chars) and doesn't it seem a bit foolish to miss out on ~70-80% of the market.

In Nintendo's case they are forcing themselves into not having certain titles due to hardware limitations, but characters and hardware limitations is as far as I want platform specific titles to go... And at least the Switch doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner

As for Subnautica on Switch? Yeah good luck with that, it would probably explode even trying tot get to te main menu :trollface:
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I've always detested platform exclusives apart from the pure platform specific characters (mostly Mario/Sonic type of chars) and doesn't it seem a bit foolish to miss out on ~70-80% of the market.

In Nintendo's case they are forcing themselves into not having certain titles due to hardware limitations, but characters and hardware limitations is as far as I want platform specific titles to go... And at least the Switch doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner

As for Subnautica on Switch? Yeah good luck with that, it would probably explode even trying tot get to te main menu :trollface:

I'd rather have a platform exclusive than a region exclusive myself. At least in the former everyone who's willing to get said platform can still play it, where as the latter you either need to learn said language (As well as buying a likely region-locked platform) or go at the game blind.

I do agree though, the more platforms the merrier - more people getting in on the action (And look how much Minecraft's benefiting from that. It's even been ported to the 3DS now!)
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, region locked is just as friggin' stupid as platform locked, for anything really, movies, series, and games :disappointed:

Just an unrelated/kinda related side note:
    I've got an Panasonic FZ1000 EU version for some neat 4K recording. It is locked at PAL settings (25/50/100FPS) and you can't record longer than 29:59, because it would otherwise be classified as a camcorder, which the EU market is forcing an extra taxation on.

With a simple button combination system reinitialisation "hack", you can set the FZ1000 to record at NTSC (30/60/120FPS), but the time limit usually can't be changed apart from some models.

This is one of those things where region specific bullshit comes into play. I just want these kind of shitty regulations gone from our world economy!
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Nintendo was never in the game of providing the best hardware. They always knew they couldn't compete with PCs, instead they always focused on innovation and on their exclusives.
    Who hasn't wasted more than a few hours on mario, zelda, metroid. mariokart, smashbros, pokemon? How many genres were born from these legends?
    Not mentioning hardware design, the most successful gamepad design started with the SNES. Sony blatantly copied it and everyone else following. Nintendo always tries to push innovation, every new console.

Standing against plataform locking is a little complicated, because you would need to stand against the right of a designer to launch the product on the plataform of their choice. This is Nintendo's choice, anyone that thinks they do it for money is a fool. Just think how much more they would make if their games (which are adored by masses) were to be launched on every plataform.
    They do it for pride, because they pioneer and others follow. That might not have been the rule this last 2 decades, but old habits die hard.
    edited December 2017
    That's why I do want the platform specific characters to remain platform specific :) However, true innovation in gamedesign and gameplay currently comes mostly from indie devs though, because they aren't tied to quotas and having to follow the stockholder approved cookiecutter blueprint for success

Although Nintendo can innovate like no other as they are a true gaming company, but they are also quite guilty with their Mario addiction of for the most part clone games with slight changes

ALSO we're getting slightly off-topic here :D
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    Yeah, but I also like having different platforms. True different platforms means different optimization and that kinda hinders multi-platform design.
    However it also brings competition into hardware and driver design, and that's always good.

And Nintendo does innovate Mario every now and then. It's a proven formula, new Mario, clone, clone, new Mario (usually with new console), clone, clone, ...

Now to remain on topic. Subnautica is already on multiple platforms, PC, xbox, Mac OS X and it will, most certainly, have new ports after launch.
    PS4 has a nice market.
    Switch shouldn't be ignored as it runs the new DOOM, which has much higher requirements than Subnautica, and the game also fits the Nintendo demographics.
    I believe Linux is a step away from Mac OS, so it's also a possibility.

Is there anything else to port despite mobile (not so far away from the Switch, maybe in a few years).