Command Module - 3D fan concept

Comments

• PowerPistonsPowerPistons Neverland Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232266Members
    Hey that's pretty good! That's definitely the right type of teleporter and the control panel is a nice touch.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Now, how to texture the teleport? Precursor tech, Alterra tech, or a mix? (Precursor with Alterra control boxes etc on it)
  • NepsterCZNepsterCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230330Members
    I would honestly made it just Precursor tech (I was just lazy to dive into the files), maybe like, have a cables running on the ground to the consoles, like its "jury rigged", or something.
    NepsterCZ wrote: »
    I would honestly made it just Precursor tech (I was just lazy to dive into the files), maybe like, have a cables running on the ground to the consoles, like its "jury rigged", or something.

Kinda what I meant by third option. Precursor texture with Alterra stuff 'glued' onto it to get it to do our bidding (have those cables start with interface boxes grafted onto the surface of the Precursor tech, maybe even have some sort of Precursor access panel open and the patch applied in there - take inspiration from the Precursor gun animations as to what they would use for that sort of thing.)
    Ye, ye, exactly! Now I want it in the game so bad D: I would roleplay Stargate SG-1 so hard in it :D
  • CronosusCronosus Join Date: 2017-05-29 Member: 230819Members
    awesome, i would be glad if this shown in Subnautica :)
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Wow this thing got bumped so hard.

Anyways, love the model.

Is he even still developing it?
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    How would this work. The way the Warpgates work: is there's a Master and a Slave side. We can't interface with other active gates. So this would be limited to only habitat to habitate transport.
    Cronosus wrote: »

Glad you like it!

Anyways, love the model.

Glad you like it :). Short answer is No, Long answer is Nooooooooo. I kinda got bored honestly, and this forum still doesn't allow me to modify my original post, which honestly irritates me the most. The latest public thing I did with the Command Center is this one:

commandcenter3_0_by_nepstercz_db9kxuv_by_nepstercz-db9kxwl.png

And honestly, by this point, I kinda consider it "mostly done on my part". The only thing I really don't like are those lazy placeholder textures I made for the floor. After this I moved to something I never released, as I, got bored of it :D.
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    How would this work. The way the Warpgates work: is there's a Master and a Slave side. We can't interface with other active gates. So this would be limited to only habitat to habitate transport.

They could change the Warpgates, so every Warpgate has its own "symbol" per say, so you could "dial in". Or this could be just a way to connect your bases, so you would permanently pair two player-made Warpgates. Idunno man, let your imagination roam wild. Its just my spin on a "teleporter room" someone asked me to do. I didn't give it much thought, to be honest.

Glad you like it!

Anyways, love the model.

Glad you like it :). Short answer is No, Long answer is Nooooooooo. I kinda got bored honestly, and this forum still doesn't allow me to modify my original post, which honestly irritates me the most. The latest public thing I did with the Command Center is this one:

And honestly, by this point, I kinda consider it "mostly done on my part". The only thing I really don't like are those lazy placeholder textures I made for the floor. After this I moved to something I never released, as I, got bored of it :D.

They could change the Warpgates, so every Warpgate has its own "symbol" per say, so you could "dial in". Or this could be just a way to connect your bases, so you would permanently pair two player-made Warpgates. Idunno man, let your imagination roam wild. Its just my spin on a "teleporter room" someone asked me to do. I didn't give it much thought, to be honest.

All you gotta do is ask @ Foxy (make a new post that contains what you want for the OP, and ask Foxy to replace / merge)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    All you gotta do is ask @ Foxy (make a new post that contains what you want for the OP, and ask Foxy to replace / merge)

That just sounds like an edit button, with few extra steps >:P
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

That just sounds like an edit button, with few extra steps >:P

Reason being these forums were being invaded by spam bots that would make uninteresting, generic posts for a bit, then edit them all to be spam (AFAIK that was the reason anyways).
    "Were" is the key word. I dont believe this was the only forum on the entire word to have this sort of problem, right. But the implementation of "security" thingy is just completely wrong.

Basically, to combat SPAM bots, I need to become SPAM bot myself. Its quite easy for me to go to 100 posts, and just write

"Cool, I would like that in subnautica, Good job"

And just spam it 100 times. But that's not how I roll, I only speak either when Im spoken to, or when I have something to say. This system just punishes legitimate users, while doing absolutely nothing against the SPAM bots. There's nothing easier than to program a bot to write "Good Job, I like" 100 times, or something.

Right, but whatever, Its their security system, they can have it however shitty they want. So I asked the Foxy guy, If he can manually elevate me to the group which can edit your own posts. He was basically "No". So logically, Im like "Well, I wont use this forum, if you treat me like a criminal, Ill go somewhere where im welcome".

Idunno, maybe I sound like a douche, but after spending I would say over 200 manhours on a pretty decent concept art, one would think I proven myself that Im not a bot.

For some reason, It really bothers me that the first thing newcomers see, is the old, outdated WIP 001 I made, and not the last one.
    "Were" is the key word. I dont believe this was the only forum on the entire word to have this sort of problem, right. But the implementation of "security" thingy is just completely wrong.

Basically, to combat SPAM bots, I need to become SPAM bot myself. Its quite easy for me to go to 100 posts, and just write

"Cool, I would like that in subnautica, Good job"

And just spam it 100 times. But that's not how I roll, I only speak either when Im spoken to, or when I have something to say. This system just punishes legitimate users, while doing absolutely nothing against the SPAM bots. There's nothing easier than to program a bot to write "Good Job, I like" 100 times, or something.

Right, but whatever, Its their security system, they can have it however shitty they want. So I asked the Foxy guy, If he can manually elevate me to the group which can edit your own posts. He was basically "No". So logically, Im like "Well, I wont use this forum, if you treat me like a criminal, Ill go somewhere where im welcome".

Idunno, maybe I sound like a douche, but after spending I would say over 200 manhours on a pretty decent concept art, one would think I proven myself that Im not a bot.

For some reason, It really bothers me that the first thing newcomers see, is the old, outdated WIP 001 I made, and not the last one.

@Foxy : :neutral: He's not a bot, nor working for them. Pretty plox??
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I know this has died, but man I'd love to see the devs consider adding this, it's an amazing concept.
    edited September 2017
    Foxy wrote: »
    @NepsterCZ do you see this button?

0bac87ebece1f40e3007dd5b85105fba.jpg

I do not :/

Fjxw9Ch.jpg
    I know this has died, but man I'd love to see the devs consider adding this, it's an amazing concept.

I wouldn't exactly say it has "died". I think of it more like "it has finished". There's only so much you can do in a concept art. Do you have any ideas what to add?
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @AceDude can you look into the above please?

Glad you like it!

Anyways, love the model.

This could work. Like your character figures a way to hack into the Warpgate system. Another puzzle like objective. And reprogram each one. So that they can link to a different one. Or your Habitats one. Maybe even use the abandon Red and White Artifacts, as programing equipment.

This could work. Like your character figures a way to hack into the Warpgate system. Another puzzle like objective. And reprogram each one. So that they can link to a different one. Or your Habitats one. Maybe even use the abandon Red and White Artifacts, as programing equipment.

Yeah, something like that. I honestly don't think there's need to somehow "tunnel" to the original network tho.

I think like, you find the gates, on the first two Islands, you scan it, you get a ping to like old, damaged gate. You dive deep to it scan it, scan some fragments around, something fancy, and that gives you the ability to build your own.

Then exactly, you could use some kind of Artifacts to "program" the address, or whatnot.
    AceDude wrote: »
    I updated the rank requirements for edit rights: now 30 days + 15 posts are required (instead of 100).

Thanks! Thats way more reasonable, in my opinion :)
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    AceDude wrote: »
    I updated the rank requirements for edit rights: now 30 days + 15 posts are required (instead of 100).

I was wondering why I suddenly got advanced user notification.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    I must say it's a really nice looking job @NepsterCZ ! It also makes the suggestion of an agricultural Biodome look a lot more plausible.
    Kudos

• Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    @NepsterCZ

I like it, especially your plans for a XXL Multipurpose Room - it's got a really elegant shape.

Speaking of modders, I looking to hook up for a chat with some of the SN modders. You know anyone good on Unity?
    @Quiet_Blowfish No idea, sorry.

I am in contact with @nesrak1 tho, he sounds like he knows his stuff around Unity and Subnautica tho.
    I like the new options for railing and bigger windows.
    @Quiet_Blowfish join the Subnautica modding discord server here: https://discord.gg/QmkPby (link expires in a day but I can put out a new one if anyone misses it)
    Join the official UWE Subnautica discord here: https://discord.gg/0TYSaqpNv6wffpB1

If you don't want to install Discord, it can still run from a browser window.