Toasters

Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
Alright, hear me out on this... After a long swim in this dangerous world, you get back to your base and you are hungry. No more Lantern fruit, things are too acidic anyways... Vending Machine is empty... How was there food in there to begin with? And you've already eaten all the fish in a 3 mile radius of your base. What better way to diminish your hunger with a nice golden brown piece of toast? Basically what i'm suggesting is that there be another misc furnish that produces low amounts of food. How it would work - Find a brave little toaster sitting at the bottom of some wreck, scan it for it's good ol' blueprint, and for 3 titanium or so, build your very own Toaster. Clicker on the Toaster to start cooking some delicious space Toast. When it's done, the Toast pops out of the top ,(2 pieces), and lands on the ground or table. Each piece recovers about 3 - 5 units of Hunger. With each bite of crispy Space Toast, you Subnautica experience becomes ever so immersive.

What do you guys think...

Where does the Bread come from? Ask the Vending Machine...

Comments

• SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Funny, but the vending machine and IT'S infinite food-production ability is where i draw the line.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Interesting idea, but as said, we already have a Infinite Food Gen. Maybe it could be added to toast fish or something, and it gives you a bit more stuff then just using the fabricator, idk.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    I'm all for new decoration
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members

Where does the Bread come from? Ask the Vending Machine...

I think a Hoverfish might slot in nicely. Or perhaps some tasty Creepvine?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    You know, I wanted to make a stupid gif of homer dropping a toaster into the a lake and yet I couldnt find any good videos of the scene.....shoot
    Yeah, you'd need a product label warning against underwater use!

Do gifs really load OK into the forum?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited September 2017

If you find a link to one (or upload it to a hosting site like imgur, photobucket, tinypic, etc) and then put in a direct link ( http://i66.tinypic.com/2uh5yl0.gif ) you then just have to put [img][/img] tags around it, result:

2uh5yl0.gif

Tip: you can drag the URL if you snag it to the left of where it shows up in the address bar. Then you've only gotta put img tags on it. Either that, or copy+paste.

Another fun tip: the "Shift" key is select. Which you can combine with other movement keys: use arrows for one character left & right / line up & down, the "Home" / "End" keys go to the beginning / end of a line (using "Shift", so, select from cursor to end of line) and of course PgUp / PgDn do their thing. Holding "Ctrl" makes arrows go one word at a time L&R and one paragraph up & down, and makes "Home" & "End" go to beginning / end of a document (using "Shift", so, select from cursor to beginning / end of document).

Combine this with one final final tip: clipboard controls are Ctrl+X, C, and V for Cut, Copy, and Paste, respectively (from current selection to clipboard, and from clipboard to current cursor location). Another thing: if you're replacing something and you've got the replacement in the clipboard, you can select what you want replaced and paste over it, which will delete it and replace it with the clipboard contents. Careful, though, if you hit Cut or Copy instead of Paste, it will take that selection and send it to the clipboard, overwriting what you have there.

This has been random useful tips that 99% of people actually care to master, with your host, 0x6A7232. Stay nerdy, folks! *scene switches to obnoxious commercials for irrelevant junk no one wants*
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

If you find a link to one (or upload it to a hosting site like imgur, photobucket, tinypic, etc) and then put in a direct link ( https://media.giphy.com/media/oBPOP48aQpIxq/giphy.gif ) you then just have to put [img][/img] tags around it, result:

giphy.webp

Tip: you can drag the URL if you snag it to the left of where it shows up in the address bar. Then you've only gotta put img tags on it. Either that, or copy+paste.

Another fun tip: the "Shift" key is select. Which you can combine with other movement keys: use arrows for one character left & right / line up & down, the "Home" / "End" keys go to the beginning / end of a line (using "Shift", so, select from cursor to end of line) and of course PgUp / PgDn do their thing. Holding "Ctrl" makes arrows go one word at a time L&R and one paragraph up & down, and makes "Home" & "End" go to beginning / end of a document (using "Shift", so, select from cursor to beginning / end of document).

Combine this with one final final tip: clipboard controls are Ctrl+X, C, and V for Cut, Copy, and Paste, respectively (from current selection to clipboard, and from clipboard to current cursor location). Another thing: if you're replacing something and you've got the replacement in the clipboard, you can select what you want replaced and paste over it, which will delete it and replace it with the clipboard contents. Careful, though, if you hit Cut or Copy instead of Paste, it will take that selection and send it to the clipboard, overwriting what you have there.

This has been random useful tips that 99% of people actually care to master, with your host, 0x6A7232. Stay nerdy, folks! *scene switches to obnoxious commercials for irrelevant junk no one wants*

As usual @0x6A7232, thanks for your very useful advice. However, I'm not sure if a gif should have showed up in your post - on my screen just shows it as an "x" with the text giphy.webp. Or is it just dodgy graphics settings or somesuch?

My settings I mean
    It shows up for me, let me fix that. :eyeroll:
    Well, now it just shows up as "giphy.gif" for me, as seen below, darn forum... hang on again.

giphy.gif
    OK, either of these show up?

Take 1:
    2uh5yl0.jpg

Take 2:
    2uh5yl0.gif
    Ok yeah, got it. Thank you.
    Ok yeah, got it. Thank you.

Which one? Both?
    All 3 are good now. Not so sure about your subject matter though ;)