Things you'd like to see addressed during the upcoming polish updates

Comments

• MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    Things I've been noticing early game:

Gold/silver/copper balance. As lots of people have mentioned. It's definitely swung too far in the "copper" direction, making copper a resource you need way too much of in the early game. And silver is now mostly useless. One thing that would make a huge difference would be making copper wire only cost one copper; it's needed for almost everything.

When you first find silver, there is a voice-over that mentions that it's an important part of the fabricator... but the fabricator requires exactly zero silver. Also, the description for the advanced wiring kit says it combines gold and silver wires... also requires zero silver to make. Actually, if the advanced wiring kit needed silver instead of gold that might help with silver feeling mostly useless.

The lifepod that says the seamoth bay collapses on them is no where near the wreck of what I assume is the seamoth bay in the same biome. That lifepod should really be inside that wreck, for consistency. Ideally behind a door that needs the laser cutter.

There really needs to be a lifepod that has the fragments of the mobile vehicle bay like there is for the seaglide and seamoth. The MVB is really easy to miss in the early game and can really ruin your day if you can't find it.
  • Timelord_FredTimelord_Fred Join Date: 2017-07-05 Member: 231596Members
    MaxAstro wrote: »
    It's definitely swung too far in the "copper" direction, making copper a resource you need way too much of in the early game. And silver is now mostly useless. One thing that would make a huge difference would be making copper wire only cost one copper

The wold probably just change all the copper wire crafting requirements to copper and remove copper wire if they wanted to do this. Kinda like how they removed the craftable uranium made from uranite crystals
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    edited September 2017
    I'd like to see navigation marker lights on my Seamoth, to make it easier to spot in deep water. Reasonably bright lights like on real ships, not the little faintly glowing spots the Seamoth has now. Maybe even aircraft-style flashing strobes.

This probably applies to the Cyclops too. And hey, while we're tweaking vehicle decoration, how about putting the name of the Cyclops on both sides?

It'd also be really nice if fish would stop swimming through my base. In the Ghost Update, biters now also keep determinedly half-glitching into my seamoth. Clipping in general needs fixing — I had a ghost leviathan come through solid rock to attack me, and I had a Boneshark push my Seamoth INSIDE a rock formation.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    When you first find silver, there is a voice-over that mentions that it's an important part of the fabricator... but the fabricator requires exactly zero silver.

I think it says it's an important part of the habitat builder. The fabricator DOES require silver, because you need to make a wiring kit for it. At any rate, I noticed that too and submitted an F8 report on the topic.

I'd really really like the lights on the cyclops to be like the lights on the smaller vehicles and not have that extremely visible cone o' light that makes it impossible to see things clearly.

Also I had a weird bug where the pressure compensator only worked in the first slot on the upgrade panel - I could put it in and nothing happened unless it was in that upper left spot.

Having some heads-up data while operating the cyclops cameras would be cool - stuff like the depth readout are handy to see.
    It's definitely swung too far in the "copper" direction, making copper a resource you need way too much of in the early game. And silver is now mostly useless. One thing that would make a huge difference would be making copper wire only cost one copper

The wold probably just change all the copper wire crafting requirements to copper and remove copper wire if they wanted to do this. Kinda like how they removed the craftable uranium made from uranite crystals

They could do that anyways - replace all instances of copper wire w/ 2 copper.

I would REALLY like to be able to rotate the moonpool, so I can control the direction you face when you dock / deploy.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members

They keep mucking with the recipes and resource balance and not getting it right. Right now there is a grave shortage of early-game copper to make copper wire to make computer chips. The last release I played much, it was silver that was in short supply. And there is a massive OVERSUPPLY of lead . . . is it used for anything at all besides making the ONE radiation suit you will ever need?
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    edited September 2017
    They keep mucking with the recipes and resource balance and not getting it right. Right now there is a grave shortage of early-game copper to make copper wire to make computer chips. The last release I played much, it was silver that was in short supply. And there is a massive OVERSUPPLY of lead . . . is it used for anything at all besides making the ONE radiation suit you will ever need?

Copper seems to have been re-balanced in the last Experimental build. I've found more Limestone outcrops in the Shallows and around the Aurora than I had before, so getting copper hasn't been as difficult. Lead is a little more rare, as is gold.

Lead is used in making the nuclear reactor and the rods for it, but you only need 3 for the reactor and 1 per rod. Even if it doesn't drop as frequently from limestone (I think), there are still a ton of large deposits around so yeah, a massive oversupply.
    I forget if anyone mentioned this, but putting something useful to the early game in Lifepod 4 would be good.

It's like, the third pod you explore and it's got the creature decoy for the Cyclops. Not super relevant to that stage of the game.

I can't think of what I'd replace it with off the top of my head. Maybe the stillsuit or something.
  • ZeddIsDeadZeddIsDead Australia Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216029Members
    edited September 2017
    Ability to use Cyclops shield/sonar/decoys etc while in camera mode. No one in their right mind drives with the 120 degree FOV afforded by the front window.

I agree that there is a severe copper drought. Almost everything you craft requires copper, and I am always in short supply! Lead oversupply doesn't bother me since I just don't pick it up or trash it. Silver and gold seem just right. I had an oversupply of gold in the beginning, but later on I needed it for the dozens of computer chips.

Copper wire only costing 1 copper would be awesome.
  • adel_50adel_50 Join Date: 2016-09-01 Member: 221973Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    I forget if anyone mentioned this, but putting something useful to the early game in Lifepod 4 would be good.

It's like, the third pod you explore and it's got the creature decoy for the Cyclops. Not super relevant to that stage of the game.

I can't think of what I'd replace it with off the top of my head. Maybe the stillsuit or something.

You do know that they can be deployed by hand right?

You don't need the cyclops only to deploy these and for me i use them a lot
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    edited September 2017
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    Copper seems to have been re-balanced in the last Experimental build. I've found more Limestone outcrops in the Shallows and around the Aurora than I had before, so getting copper hasn't been as difficult. Lead is a little more rare, as is gold.

That's good news.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited September 2017
    Some more things I'd like to see fixed:

Large props don't show up on Scan Map
    While I understand that it would be a lot of work to add every prop to the Scanner Room's Map, I still think at least a few should be added for immersion reasons, such as the Aurora and Precursor bases (at least the QEP and PCF).

Sand falls through base:
    The falling sand you find around the Mountains and Underwater Islands can clip through a base if you build under it.
    zMB5wV1.png

Plant light sources
    A lot of the plants in this game produce light, but I've noticed that some of them like Acid Mushrooms, Grue Clusters, large Bulb Bushes, Tree Leeches in certain areas, and many other plants that seem to produce light in the wild aren't actually the making the light themselves. Instead there is just a light source placed manually on top of them. The problem with this is that if those objects get moved or destroyed, the light source is still there coming from nothing. The Giant Floaters in the Underwater Islands also have this issue, but I don't think you're supposed to be able to destroy them anyways so that isn't much of problem.
    XUbPS8S.png
    3kPmOG6.png

Fauna model problems:
    Some of the fauna models in SN have weird issues that I'd like to see addressed, like the stretching/clipping issues on the Boneshark, Sand Shark, Sea Emperor, and Eyeye (Also note the weird textures on i'ts membrane around the tail area), and the issue with Hoverfish pads that makes them invisible from the bottom.

I've also noticed a couple small issues with the Ghost Leviathan, like how you can see the interior part of the head inside it's exterior mouth, or how you can sometimes see the interior body clip into the exterior body and the exterior body clip into the interior body.
    BNF6tUj.png
    1502643424-d332a4048a28e99e.jpg

Bland biome transitions:
    While most of the transitions between biomes are pretty good, a couple could use some work.
    The cliffsides on the barrier between the Northern Mushroom Forest and the Kelp Forest, and Southern Mushroom Forest and the Crash Zone, could both use a little bit of polish. Some caves, ledges, or maybe just some more texture variation would do those areas good.
    jyzJjpm.png
    2DsE1df.png
    The area between the Underwater Islands and Mountains could also use some variation:
    rq5e8dF.png

Flora model issues:
    On the Jellyshroom model there are various issues such as missing textures, weird hitboxes, and parts of it that clip into the ground or surrounding Jellyshrooms.
    6fKjHSs.png
    7eHdtEz.png
    xvtv572oxaau.png
    RB1F8gQ.png

The animations for the Redwort and Membrain Tree could use a little polishing up.
    The leaves here are floating.
    UOtpn1J.png
    Noticeable clipping.
    wKMV7aQ.png

The Floating Stone and Cove Tree also have some issues with their model but they're both kind of small.
    You can see the bottom of the Ghost embryo clipping out of the egg.
    wuk1XGw.png
    Weirdness with the textures on these eggs here.
    RdFljYG.png
    This part of the Floating Stone has a small seam in it.
    sOxe6wJ.png

Floating/clipping plants in the Mushroom Forest:
    A lot of the plants in the Mushroom Forest are either floating or are clipped into the trees they're attached to.
    A couple of these are noticeably not properly attached to their plates. I found another one at -839.6 -160.6 659.6, with possibly more elsewhere.
    k73zTd2.png
    A lot of these orange things are floating visibly, even ones not in the Mushroom Forest.
    Edt4hnY.png
    I don't know if these leeches being clipping into their trees is intentional or not.
    J3Ij1rO.png
    Not very major, but still slightly annoying.
    qPh4dRD.png

Oxygen warning:
    I find it a little weird that the O2 warning always uses seconds, even if you're in an area where it drains faster. Maybe it could be changed to say something like percentage remaining instead of seconds.

No ambient sounds in some areas:
    Some of the biomes have no ambient sounds at all. At least a couple bubbling noises would be nice. A couple of the biomes without ambient noises include the Dunes and Crag Field
    edited September 2017
    [ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED POST INSTEAD OF SAVE DRAFT] :/
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    Stop deleting all floating storage containers full of gathered resources during updates...
  • atelescopeatelescope USA Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209259Members
    edited September 2017
    1. Being able to access PRAWN suit storage in moonpool and cyclops (this one for seamoth too).
    2. I always add/remove a component and cause hull strength to go below zero, maybe there is some polish that can avoid it (something that can check seabases hull strength?)
    3. Temperature display for cyclops (so as to where to park and recharge)
    4. Glass locker label and ability to stick to the wall (Wall locker, despite it smaller space seems to be way more organized because of the said abilities)
    5. Cyclops lower locker labels
    6. Something that show how many days have past (perhaps a line at the top of the logs, something like: Today is Day 15)
    7. Ability to save on Steam Cloud
    8. Make lead more useful or more rare. I know it is made easy to find early on so we can make radiation suit but I always end up with too much lead when looking for copper.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Gold/silver/copper balance. ....

When you first find silver, there is a voice-over that mentions that it's an important part of the fabricator... but the fabricator requires exactly zero silver. Also, the description for the advanced wiring kit says it combines gold and silver wires... also requires zero silver to make. Actually, if the advanced wiring kit needed silver instead of gold that might help with silver feeling mostly useless.
    Over the Ghost Leviathan and Cuddlefish releases of Stable and likely continuing, there's been a lot of blueprint changes, mostly to reduce Copper usage and increase Silver and Lead usage.

Here's changes since July compared to how they are in current Experimental.
    1x Creepvine seed cluster -> 2x Silicone rubber
    1x Creepvine seed cluster -> 1x Lubricant

1x Wiring Kit + 2x Gold + 1x Computer Chip -> 1x Advanced wiring kit

3x Uranite crystal + 1x Lead + 1x Titanium + 1x Glass -> 1x Reactor rod

1x Bleach -> 2x Disinfected water but Disinfected water was changed to +30 water from its old value of +40 water

3x Titanium -> 1x Standard Oxygen Tank
    1x Standard Oxygen Tank + 2x Glass + 4x Titanium + 1x Silver -> 1x High Capacity Oxygen Tank
    1x Fiber mesh -> 1x Fins
    1x Fiber mesh -> 1x First aid kit
    3x Titanium -> 1x Fire extinguisher
    1x Wiring kit + 1x Fiber mesh -> 1x Rebreather
    1x Silicon rubber + 1x Cave sulphur + 1x Titanium -> 1x Repair tool
    1x Battery + 1x Glass -> 1x Flashlight
    1x Diamond + 1x Battery + 1x Titanium + 1x Cave sulphur -> 1x Laser cutter

1x Silver + 1x Titanium -> 1x Beacon

2x Silver + 2x Titanium -> 1x Fabricator
    1x Titanium -> 1x Radio

1x Titanium ingot + 1x Power cell + 2x Glass + 1x Lubricant + 1x Lead -> 1x Seamoth
    3x Plasteel ingot + 3x Enameled glass + 1x Lubricant + 1x Advanced wiring kit + 3x Lead -> 1x Cyclops
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited September 2017
    Morph Guy brought up a lot of good points. I'd like to toss in my thoughts on Biome global-lighting though.

The Northern Blood Kelp is fairly light during the day, which I suppose is fair enough given its 'relatively' shallow depth (I still woulda made it a tiny bit darker since it's supposed to be an abyssal biome), but its suitably dark at night.

The Lost River could be a little darker too IMO

I'd adjust the lighting on the deep and cavern biomes to make submarine lights, the flashlight, and base lights (Floodlight/Spotlight) more useful and add to the atmosphere of the locations.

Edit - on the Lost River note, the junction between the LR and Deep Grand still has a bit of Inactive Lava Zone in it. THat is the heat goes up very high and the reflections on bases/subs has the ILZ maps on it. Presumably a leftover of when there was a DGR-ILZ passage nearby but it's still affecting this passage, at least in Stable. Simialrly the Dunes-ILZ entrance (May you rest in peace...) where the Meteor Impact now is still shows as Inactive Lava Zone if you swim above it and check the debug screen. The Biome Map image also shows the ILZ present there.
    edited September 2017
    Rezca wrote: »
    The Northern Blood Kelp is fairly light during the day, which I suppose is fair enough given its 'relatively' shallow depth (I still woulda made it a tiny bit darker since it's supposed to be an abyssal biome), but its suitably dark at night.

The Lost River could be a little darker too IMO

I'd adjust the lighting on the deep and cavern biomes to make submarine lights, the flashlight, and base lights (Floodlight/Spotlight) more useful and add to the atmosphere of the locations.

I've always found the Northern Blood Kelp's brightness to be weird seeing as it's the second deepest surface biome. As for the Lost River another good reason to have areas like the Bone Fields, Junction, and Ghost Forest made darker is to make it more consistent with surrounding areas like the deep Blood Kelp and Ghost Canyon.

I'd also like to see the Grand Reef and maybe the Dunes be made at least a little bit darker at night to make them more consistent with the night lighting of the surrounding biomes.
    Example of the difference between the Sparse Reef and Grand Reef night lighting:
    khh9tbax35kt.gif

Rezca wrote: »
    Edit - on the Lost River note, the junction between the LR and Deep Grand still has a bit of Inactive Lava Zone in it. THat is the heat goes up very high and the reflections on bases/subs has the ILZ maps on it. Presumably a leftover of when there was a DGR-ILZ passage nearby but it's still affecting this passage, at least in Stable. Simialrly the Dunes-ILZ entrance (May you rest in peace...) where the Meteor Impact now is still shows as Inactive Lava Zone if you swim above it and check the debug screen. The Biome Map image also shows the ILZ present there.

I've also seen issues like this with the transitions between areas of the Blood Kelp like the transitions between Deep BKZ Trench and BKZ Caves, BKZ Trench and LR, and NBKZ Caves and LR. If you swim in the small area between the two biomes you can see a little bit of the day fog allowing you to see light rays despite you being deep down or in a cave.

Speaking of light rays, I really hope there's an eventual pass on light rays and the light reflection texture overlay that makes it so they can't be cast through objects or terrain.
    pi8mij5ab7jf.png
    While the current system of having biome fog tell the game when to show light rays is okay, it doesn't always work and can still sometimes lead to you seeing light rays deep underground.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    The feet that generate from the habitat parts need backs, on the glass pieces.

fg98o8iv526c.png
  • MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    atelescope wrote: »
    1. Being able to access PRAWN suit storage in moonpool and cyclops (this one for seamoth too).
    Can't you already access it in the moonpool? I'm pretty positive you can access the storage for both the PRAWN and the seamoth in the moonpool. Totally agreed on the Cyclops, though.
    8. Make lead more useful or more rare. I know it is made easy to find early on so we can make radiation suit but I always end up with too much lead when looking for copper.
    Arrg yes please. I hate that lead is a limestone resource now, you end up with so much and its so useless. You don't need the radiation suit early game, plus there's one you can get sitting around by a pod. You can get to deeper areas without going to the Aurora; it would be so nice if lead got moved to be a shale or basalt resource.
    You do know that they can be deployed by hand right?

You don't need the cyclops only to deploy these and for me i use them a lot

@Halios
    ... I did not know that, no. Makes a lot more sense now, lol.

Thanks!
    Please, please reduce the number of Bonesharks. I can't go ten meters in some places without a pack of the things coming after me. The Sunken Islands are lousy with them. x.x
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    On base notes, I feel that they could spawn a little less of the legs in some situations. I had three platforms together and a few base pieces scattered about, and the underside of the base looked absolutely ugly because of the literal forest of supports :lol:
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Light switches in bases - please!
    edited September 2017
    Ability to prioritize which power sources are utilized first, and the ability to prioritize appliance power usage, including oxygen production and lighting inside/outside of bases.

I would prioritize Solar > Thermal > Bio/Nuclear

For usage I would prioritize Oxygen > Internal lights > Fabricator > Upgrade Fabricators > Battery/Power Cell Chargers > Alien Containment > Water Purifier > Scanner Room > Moon Pool > Med Kit > External Lighting
  • LAZYNOOB2017LAZYNOOB2017 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-12-31 Member: 225824Members
    JoE_Smash wrote: »
    Ability to prioritize which power sources are utilized first, and the ability to prioritize appliance power usage, including oxygen production and lighting inside/outside of bases.

I would prioritize Solar > Thermal > Bio/Nuclear

For usage I would prioritize Oxygen > Internal lights > Fabricator > Upgrade Fabricators > Battery/Power Cell Chargers > Alien Containment > Water Purifier > Scanner Room > Moon Pool > Med Kit > External Lighting

I would put Fabricator before the lights but yeah, this would be great.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    adel_50 wrote: »
    orobouros wrote: »
    - Pressure compensator not taking effect until re-seated upon reloading the game bug

- Nonsensical and inconsistent (never mind far too large) collission boxes on internal objects and furniture, making it very difficult to place neat-looking interiors. Some things are worse than others, but top of my list would be the ability to place the Nuclear Disposal within 2 full meters of anything else including a wall, placing signs on Reinforcements, Windows, and room / corridor or room / hatch doorframe areas, and placing 4 wall lockers per wall segment in a room. None of which you can do right now.

- Falling through seabase floors glitch

- Cyclops lighting glare blindness (heard rumors this is fixed already? Not that far in stable)

- Being able to see the Seamoth inside the beacon-shut-off-range at night. As it is, it's the single biggest drowning hazard in the game. You follow your beacon back, but as soon as you're within 10 m or so, the whole craft, headlights and all, is completely invisible.

- PRAWN punches should make a Leviathan let go, similar to the Seamoth Perimeter Defense

- Copper balance

- Sandstone balance gold vs. silver; silver drop rate increased markedly since you don't need much of it anymore. That's bogus. 3/1 in favor of gold is about right. Anything worse than 50/50 towards favoring silver is ludicrous, but that's what I'm seeing.

- Basalt balance diamond vs. gold. Maybe I get 1 diamond in 25 basalt. That could be a little better. 1/10 wouldn't break the game. As it is making that drill is all but impossible; there's just not enough basalt outside the endgame caverns (and not guarded by reapers).

- Warper countermeasure that does something / means of making them go away for more than 10 seconds. I don't care if it's expensive or end-game, just give it to us before we can cure ourselves.

- Prevent warpers from camping things not precursor-related (wrecks, Sea Treaders)

- Pathfinding during "leash breaking" behavior. If I hurt a shark and it breaks its leash and flees, it should not swim immediately into the nearest obstacle or cave wall for the duration, then immediately re-leash to that spot and resume attacking me. Makes defenses useless in caves 90% of the time, even big caves like the Lost River.

- Crabsnake population reduced to less than the number of jellyshrooms in the caverns? So they don't have to play musical chairs all the time, filling the water with endless predators?

- Stop a crabsnake in the 'shroom behind the Degasi base from being able to yank you out of it from the inside. Just not fair.

- Restore ability of the Propulsion Cannon to target Drooping Stingers and Crashfish or Sulphur (preferably both) inside their pods (instead of the whole pod, which is useless.

- Lower boneshark population in Underwater Islands. It's truly ridiculous lately.

- Lower boneshark aggressiveness in general and/or restore light sensitivity. Something, anything to make them a creature you can interact with, instead of a video-game enemy that just rushes endlessly the instant it spots you.

- Stop Crabsquid EMP from draining batteries lower than before the blast.

- Stop Crabsquid from using EMP if they are not currently attacking / drawn agro. And maybe a longer personal cooldown on it for them, if you haven't already

- Better means of getting stalker teeth. In the alien containment would be ideal. Processing a tame stalker into some at the Fabricator would also work, and be modestly balanced given how slowly they breed. Anything that's better than watching them play tennis and dodging their attacks to hunt for crap on the ground. That's just tedious.

- Fragment randomization needs to not generate games where there are zero of important fragments (moonpool, laser cutter, mobile vehicle bay) in all major and minor wrecks above 300m, as happens fairly often now, and is my chief reason for restarting or using the console.

- Fragment count resetting on saving or reloading bug

- Don't spawn un-scannable models that are fragment models if they're not actual fragments. Teasing is just cruel when you can't find something.

- PUT LANTERNFRUIT VALUES BETWEEN WHAT THEY WERE AND WHAT THEY ARE NOW, or remove it from the game. Admit you over-nerfed it by a HUGE margin, and make it useful again. 5 food 5 water should be an absolute minimum value for anything with "staple" in its description (even then 10/10 makes more sense).

- Ion batteries should be upgradeable from regular ones, cells too.

- Ion power tech could be available slightly earlier in the game. You've got what, maybe 10 minutes of playtime left in the story by the time you get the blueprint? Not really any point to that, now is there?

- Rebalance quartz costs for building. A multipurpose room costs 6 titanium, a corridor 2 titanium or 4 quartz. Why does a room with windows cost 32 quartz and a corridor with windows (instead of all-glass) cost 12 instead of 4? Make ordinary windows cost 1 glass and glass cost 1 quartz (or 1 quartz and 1 something else, preferably something renewable).

- Small herbivore fish with Carar infection (to use as Warper bait) could be more common. I often go through the whole game and see ONLY un-capturable large fauna, rabbit rays, shuttlebugs, etc. with Carar, never small fish.

- Crashfish damage vs. player in the wild as opposed to damage when used as propulsion cannon ammo is very obviously unbalanced. Either nerf the wild damage or buff the damage when the player uses it. It's very obviously unfair.

- Draw distance / pop-in, both for terrain and, more importantly, for resources. You rely so much on farming mass quantities of things (over and over, due to stingy inventory I know you won't buff), but you can't swim or drive over a section of sea floor and spot the nodes. You have to very slowly swim right up to arms length and then you can see ONE at a time. If you can't go "oh, hey, there's a whole bunch of nodes over there, let me go that way", farming gets even more tedious and boring than it already is. I'd honestly rather have periodic FPS drops to zero back (they're much less common now), than look at a cliff face with 5 Limestone nodes on it, but only be able to see the one right in front of me without swimming up and down it with my mask inches from the rock...

- Restore ability to deconstruct lifepod appliances (fabricator, communications relay), to save on early-game computer chip resources. I can see why you don't want us doing this (potential ability to not be able to make another fabricator & get stuck), but that's what saves are for. While you're at it, let us do the same to salvage equipment in downed lifepods.

- A little bit more (half again, at least) storage in the lifepod would be nice.

- Ability to sit on the lifepod storage bench or seats, to save hunger / thirst.

- Oh, yeah, and stop turning all vehicle lights on by default when changing power cells or reloading the game.

- Ability to turn PRAWN headlights off (not that much of a deal unless you restore light-based agro, which I kind of want you to do as well).

1-with sr 4.0 the cyclops floodlights are extremely buffed

2-imagine a kid puching you will you run away the same thing goes for the prawn against the leviathan

3-predetors must be present in numbers to make certain tools useful like the prawn's propulsion arm

4-crabsquids drains power? Where did you read that they just disable equipments and vehicles they don't drain power

5-in the voice of the deep or the ghost update any equipment that provides light but providing light is not it's primary function the the light it provides doesn't consumes power (your prawn suit's lights don't drain power) yay

Er, PRAWN punches do more damage than a low-power jolt from the Perimeter Defense System, and THAT makes him let go. More like getting punched by a professional boxer. You're gonna let go.

Not sure which point you're addressing with predator population, but there are a couple places (not the whole game) where they're just plain out of control beyond all reason, sense, fun, and balance. Bonesharks (virtually everywhere they appear), Crabsquid (in some tight spaces), Ampeels (mostly in the Blood Kelp 2 and Bulb zones), and Crabsnakes. The Devs pointed out on Steam when the Boneshark complaining got loud enough that there are biome-specific spawning slots and "world" or "open ocean" spawning slots, and they're doubling up. Hopefully that gets fixed before launch, 'cause it's not that there are "enough", it's that "there's no room to drive a Seamoth through them, they're that thick".

Crabsquid EMPs do drain about 20% power from the Cyclops only, about 50% of the time, as a bug. Confirmed. Not sure if it's fixed yet.
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members

atelescope wrote: »

Fully agree.
    - In the moon-pool it looks like it should let you access the PRAWN storage. I always end up in the drink though! Maybe a cheap fix is to join the gangways up so you can walk behind the vehicles.
    - In the Cyclops lack of access to docked vehicle storage and modules seems like a real oversight. Maybe a fix is to widen the docking aperture so both vehicles can protrude higher through the deck.

I'd also add air-locks to wish list:
    - The Cyclops has already got an air-lock installed - just not plugged in yet.
    - Also air-locks for bases please (no more jumping in through the window!).
    I'd like the Prawn Suit drill arm to feature a resource vacuum that sucks the resources into the Prawn storage if there is room in the prawn storage. Chasing resources down cliffs after drilling is stupid....
  • Quiet_BlowfishQuiet_Blowfish Join Date: 2017-09-11 Member: 232955Members
    What have the Polish got to do with it anyway?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    The Devs pointed out on Steam when the Boneshark complaining got loud enough that there are biome-specific spawning slots and "world" or "open ocean" spawning slots, and they're doubling up. Hopefully that gets fixed before launch, 'cause it's not that there are "enough", it's that "there's no room to drive a Seamoth through them, they're that thick".

I thought it must be something like that. Remember wreck duplication?