Anyone else looking forward to seeing other players' first impressions on everything once v1.0 hits?

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
From the amazement when diving underwater for the first time, to the terror when a Reaper sneaks up from behind, it's gonna be fun. :smiley: Here's hoping Subnautica finds some way to scan system specs and set detail levels accordingly (a lot of systems should be able to handle highest settings).

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I have a few friends who have Subanutica owned or wishlisted and know almost nothing about it since they're waiting for 1.0 before hopping in. Looking forward to hearing their tales <3

Unfortunately - or fortunately, milage may vary - they won't have the same experiences as us Early Access adopters. Like the fate of the old Terraforming, early developed locations that were revamped over time, The Rock Puncher.... They'll come in and see things as they are, not as they once were. So our talking about such topics will go right over their heads ^^

Maybe, in some cases, that may be for the best. I still think the Rock Puncher could survive w/o terrain deformation though. Go google a video or two of people fighting a critter called "Brachydios". Imagine something like that but underwater. He doesn't deform the terrain with his devestating punches, the Rock Puncher wouldn't need to either :)
  • londonsmartlondonsmart anderson south carolina Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230782Members
    i have seen a picture of the rockpuncher read its description but i never could find or spawn it :( if i can get any help thanks ;)
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    The Rock Puncher was an old fauna that got cut from v1.0 due to the removal of terraforming. It's possible it might come back in an expansion pack though.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Ah, the days of the green flashlight Terraformer, the terrifyingly beautiful Grand Reef spikes, and the massive pits in front of the Aurora and in the Dunes.
    Man, I kinda wish I could go back to the first time I ever played.
    edited September 2017
    nvm, imagine this being a deleted post
    Ah, the days of the green flashlight Terraformer, the terrifyingly beautiful Grand Reef spikes, and the massive pits in front of the Aurora and in the Dunes.
    Man, I kinda wish I could go back to the first time I ever played.

Also, there was a method of going back to older versions. I can't remember where the link was, but there was a thread outlining the procedure - could go back far enough to where entire parts of the map were blank slates and it looked like it still had some leftover procedural in it (Since the biome names would change constantly)
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    edited September 2017
    I am looking forward to other people's reactions to what we've been living with as it evolved. :)

As for things left behind, most of them were before my time. Watching old Markiplier videos recently I've seen some of them. As well as how much Subnautica has changed and improved. The old PDA and icons in it and the placeholder 3D objects, wow. :)

A few months ago I did spawn the Terraformer into the game for the express purpose of reading a PDA on the Floating Isle that was a bit too deep in the terrain. And I reported it with F8. It's fixed now.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I showed my cousin this game for the first time.

This was essentially what happened.

lcy2qwqu6ofy.jpg
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    Well Holy Shyster...

I just saw the Sunbeam destruction sequence for the first time in Stable...
    2grxmgp8aug6.png

I Was Very Impressed ... and I've been around for more than a year!

I can very much imagine how new players will react.

B)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Well Holy Shyster...

I just saw the Sunbeam destruction sequence for the first time in Stable...
    2grxmgp8aug6.png

I Was Very Impressed ... and I've been around for more than a year!

I can very much imagine how new players will react.

B)

It's even better from the top of Lifepod 5:
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Skope wrote: »
    I showed my cousin this game for the first time.

This was essentially what happened.

lcy2qwqu6ofy.jpg

If the current level of wildlife in Experimental continues, I think new players will be tipped off by the packs of Stalkers in the "Safe" Shallows. :)