Can build with unknown ingredients. (with video)

BaielBaiel Brazil Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222308Members
edited September 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Apparently you can build stuff which you don't know the ingredients for.
I don't know if this only happened to me, cause I didn't find other posts with this problem.

It can also not be a bug, but it doesn't make sense to me.
So here's the video:
http://plays.tv/video/59be851cc6b535c40e/subnautica-bug-report

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Just one small problem with your video...you didn't actually build anything. :)

Maybe you meant to say the game let's you put an outline down of something you can't build yet? :)
  • BaielBaiel Brazil Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222308Members
    As you can see in the video I have already built a Multipurpose Room, which I don't know the ingredients yet.
  • BreithanBreithan Join Date: 2017-08-30 Member: 232729Members
    This has been an exploit for ages. Don't know wjy they haven't fixed it yet
    Baiel wrote: »
    As you can see in the video I have already built a Multipurpose Room, which I don't know the ingredients yet.

All the video shows is you set up home in a multipurpose room you found on the side of the road. You didn't actually build it. You just found it and claimed it as your own. :)

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    In the video, it shows you placing the buildings down, which does seem like a glitch, but you proved nothing as you didn't build anything.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's not really a bug, as you cant build them without knowing the ingredients. You can only place the blueprint/hologram.
  • BaielBaiel Brazil Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222308Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    It's not really a bug, as you cant build them without knowing the ingredients. You can only place the blueprint/hologram.

Here's a video of me building two things I don't know the ingredients for.
    http://plays.tv/video/59c162dcd98b468f80/subnautica-bug-report-proof
    edited September 2017

This looks like a good proof of bug video to me. I see at the beginning s/he doesn't know the ingredients for the Power Cell Charger. Then, s/he proceeds to build a Power Cell Charger.

• BolerroBolerro United States Join Date: 2017-09-23 Member: 233192Members
    edited September 2017

Sorry, but this is not true. With the current build as of this reply, you can build unknown items as long as they show in the Habitat builder window. Once its placed, you can see what ingredients are needed and build it.

This 'bug' has been around for quite some time. I started playing a long time ago and I've always been able to build unknown ingredient items. I think most people don't say anything because there is a benefit to it. However I would prefer for the bug to be gone. Preferably, don't show items that haven't had the requirements for the item completed.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited September 2017
    @Obraxis it really is a bug, the first video they just didn't feel like fully building; this new video demonstrates full construction of a few things without recipes:

Paging @Obraxis. This bug is easily reproducible. Here are the steps:

1. Build the outline of the Multi Purpose Room before you find the recipe.
    2. The game then tells you it takes 6 titanium
    3. Go pick up 6 titanium and build the Multi Purpose Room.

I'm playing 54413.

garath wrote: »
    Just one small problem with your video...you didn't actually build anything. :)

Maybe you meant to say the game let's you put an outline down of something you can't build yet? :)

Edit: Playing 54413, I can easily reproduce this bug myself.
    This is now fixed in experimental:

54543 /main 2017-09-29 04:48:39 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed ability to build locked constructables using builder tool.
    54540 /main/Slava - bug fixes for 1.0 2017-09-29 04:17:18 Vyacheslav Sedovich Fixed ability to build locked constructables using builder tool.

I just tested it. Now, you cannot build the outline if you don't know the materials.

Thanks, DEVs!