MORE LAG

FuzzyModz45FuzzyModz45 Arizona Join Date: 2017-01-31 Member: 227472Members
Bc of the new update the game laggs even more

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

You should certainly not be lagging more. If anything it should be improved.

Try a brand new game in case it's some kind of saved game corruption.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @0x6A7232 made a pretty good point as well, when I mentioned I was kinda amazed at the huge variation in performance on the Xbone. Which should perform the same across the board...

Here's that suggestion, maybe your Xbone is full of dust, causing it to throttle down the CPU or GPU. Get some kind of canned air or a blowbulb to clean it out.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

You should certainly not be lagging more. If anything it should be improved.

Try a brand new game in case it's some kind of saved game corruption.

I'm getting a considerably noticeable increase in frame rates, very impressed, thank you devs!
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    I noticed that the bulkhead animation disappeares so it just cuts to the door open or closed.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2017
    dexter397 wrote: »
    I noticed that the bulkhead animation disappeares so it just cuts to the door open or closed.

Been like that on the PC version for at least 3, maybe even 4 updates now.
  • KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

Darlin, it is fixed.

I'm getting lag too but that's only when I got to the Island where the sunbeam is to land and I think it's because I'm using my one game that I made JUST before the update came out
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED

start a new save dam it dude always players having ago saying the frames are bad dude its in preview lol it will and its not lag as thats internet its FPS drop not lag
  • Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Members
    I've been quite harsh in the past about the lack of optimisation in past but this 3 in 1 update definitely improved performance.
    The game looks fantastic right now and runs a bit smoother too, not optimal but better to say the least.

This update realy made me wanna play again but I don't want to loose my progress due to the new save bug.
    I hope this will be fixed soon so we all can dive back into it safely, well safe as in matter of speach, it's surely become dangerous out there.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    @FuzzyModz45 If you try cleaning dust out of your Xbox, let us know the results. I'm curious how much that may be a factor.
  • Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Members
    elfcrisis wrote: »
    @FuzzyModz45 If you try cleaning dust out of your Xbox, let us know the results. I'm curious how much that may be a factor.

If his Xbox is cluttered with dust or standing in a place where it can't "breathe" it would be sounding like a turbine on steroids.
    I doubt if you would get lag that way though, rather graphical artifacts or shutdowns due to overheating.
    A full hdd could limit the swapfile or virtual memory though which in turn could lead to lag or hick ups because of loading times.

Imho the problem lays with him though lest we all would suffer more lag while there are plenty claiming the opposite, me included.