GAME WON'T SAVE MY PROGRESS (3 in 1 update)

Comments

• obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're looking into it as a priority. We'll let people know when we have news.

That's fantastic news, otherwise it's a mighty fine update. Love the visuals and the improved fps.

If you need any more details about the error then I'm sure we will try and help. Saving is fine within the first hour or so of gameplay and then it just hits that wall and stops. No error messages, it just appears to save as normal and you don't know different until reloading.
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    Exactly the same as me , I commented to my girlfriend how the save time was a lot quicker but obviously it was quicker because it didn't save

You may already worked this but if you haven't this is a good tip

When you load your game the file has a small pic of where you last saved it along with the time and date of when you last saved

So instead of having to load up to check if your save work just keep checking the date and pic

I make sure I'm looking at something when I save like the life pod or aurora
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    Exactly the same as me , I commented to my girlfriend how the save time was a lot quicker but obviously it was quicker because it didn't save

When you load your game the file has a small pic of where you last saved it along with the time and date of when you last saved

So instead of having to load up to check if your save work just keep checking the date and pic

i see what you mean i have had this since day on of the drop of the 3 in 1 but news is getting out fast now as me and subscribers have team reported it on the game and on twitter and here so this should speed up the finding of whats maken it happen
  • alvarobm1990alvarobm1990 Join Date: 2017-09-08 Member: 232884Members
    edited September 2017
    Ok lets talk about save... at first I read this forum and I know there are saving problems, then I try creative mode and go to thermal plant it crash me game when I was into.
    I go again to this place and try to save but game put saving 91zb6m131ih1.jpg
    I cant select again wna72b23ggyz.jpg
    I continue playing but I need to search some info on Edge into Xbox but doesnt work then I power off Xbox.
    When I try to go into game I got this v0bym07tllwk.jpg

Go to help and tell me that I need to do is start game and exit before error I do it and work.
    The save is ok and I can do more saves.
    Hope it helps

• coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    this dose need to be fixed asap
  • WeylandYutani1989WeylandYutani1989 Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228931Members
    ONE THING I DID NOTICE

I had played the game for 4 hours before I saved and lost everything but on the game save file it said that I had played it for 10 hrs and 2 mins

I don't know if that helps but I'm desperate to play it so I'll try anything lol
    We're looking into it as a priority. We'll let people know when we have news.

ONE THING I DID NOTICE

I had played the game for 4 hours before I saved and lost everything but on the game save file it said that I had played it for 10 hrs and 2 mins

I don't know if that helps but I'm desperate to play it so I'll try anything lol
  • acidhouseacidhouse scotland Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232940Members
    edited September 2017
    4 times i have tried to play as i lost my cloud save (many hours ganeplay lost)since the new 3in1 update ..saves first time then after i quit game try to continue am set back to the first save AGAIN ..please please fix this ..waited patiently for 3in1 update on xbox an now cant play due too not saving progress
  • mercianmercian Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232938Members
    Same problem here. Saved it first time from new game no issues. However click save and it does not write over save so again cannot play it.. Getting close to giving up on this
  • ShadowS114ShadowS114 Australia Join Date: 2016-06-26 Member: 219130Members
    I dont know if this is just me but from what i have i see with the little test i tried you can only save once i pree the save button a couple of times a save but each i load the game/go back to the main menu its still in the same spot as the first save try in all modes still the same only the first manual save is working. well in my experience
  • VeateckVeateck Cz Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232908Members
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    My game crashed and then it said it could not load the save anymore (it said UNKOWN block type 6)
  • SpankyMcBiscuitSpankyMcBiscuit UK Join Date: 2017-09-10 Member: 232935Members
    I'm having this problem too. 1st Save Worked every subsequent save doesn't register.

When selecting save it states in the top corner that it's saving and shows every indication that it has done. It's only once I restart the game and go to load my game that it only shows the original first save.
  • obsidian_eclipseobsidian_eclipse uk Join Date: 2017-05-04 Member: 230239Members
    Erasing saves from both xbox and the cloud worked for a little while. I was able to save, exit, reload about 4 or 5 times and then it stopped working again sadly. It might just be a matter of time until others get stuck or may only be people starting new playthroughs compared to pre-3-in-1 saved.
  • R3laXR3laX Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232925Members
    edited September 2017
    This Issue is really annoying. Since the 3-1 Update i check now multiple times this topic in hope too read that the update is coming how fix the save bug in the next days. I burn it and can not wait for it. With the savebug the game isn´t playable :-( Please don´t let me wait to play the lag-free game.

Oh please say the update come befor the weekend.

Please heros!

p.s. i can´t relax since the really big problem. i can´t relax!
  • SatanspawnSatanspawn Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228719Members
    What!!!!!!again!!!! Really!!##%××!=÷!=.....that's it...subnautica over...last straw
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Veateck wrote: »
    @ShadowS114 It's everyone.

I can confirm it's not everyone, cause I'm not having the issue! Sorry to all who are, I know what a bummer that is :/ . I'm sure the devs are hard at work on a patch and will get it out there asap!
    Omg I'm going to freak out!!!! Roar!!!!! What the flying $#$=$!÷!!....I'm drinking now!!!! Ahhhhhhhbhhh!!!!
    All my base and loved possessions....my game....gone!!!!!!!%/÷!!#$$÷$$×

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    Perhaps it's a particular version of Xbox one has, that's causing the problem?
    Are the people who haven't experienced the problem playing from a save pre 3-in-1 or a new game?
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    Are the people who haven't experienced the problem playing from a save pre 3-in-1 or a new game?

New game, I deleted all my saves from everywhere too. Then I uninstalled-reinstalled the game.
    edited September 2017
    Ohh okey i delete all my data from subnautica on my xbox and reinstall the game now. I will response if i has done the reinstall and testing the save mechanism again. Im in hope!
    Okey bad news from the test. Deleting all data from xbox and cloud and reinstall the game doesnt help me.

Im very frustrated :-(

I hope the update come fast.
    edited September 2017
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Perhaps it's a particular version of Xbox one has, that's causing the problem?

Could be, I'm on the original xbox One not the S version, and have the problem

I can confirm it's not everyone, cause I'm not having the issue! Sorry to all who are, I know what a bummer that is :/ . I'm sure the devs are hard at work on a patch and will get it out there asap!

Yet....
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but is this gonna take ages to sort out like when we use to get the red error screen ? It seemed to take ages and I know a few ppl who were waiting for the update before purchasing the game and now they aren't going to buy it , I just wanna know for myself and my friends so I can let them know too, no disrespect to you guys
  • BermudaRectangleBermudaRectangle Texas Join Date: 2017-03-12 Member: 228866Members

It doesn't seem to be everyone, but it does seem to be a significant potion. We're looking into it.

That's what we need! A significant potion! :smiley:

For the record, I'm not having this issue, yet. I've played long enough to have the cyclops, and the Sunbeam is rusted debris by now. But I'll continue to test it...'cause the game rocks!

Hope you find the solution (potion?) soon. Keep up the good work, guys!