What do you want to see post 1.0?

2»

Comments

• VoxelVoxel Join Date: 2017-07-10 Member: 231713Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    I'd definitely like to see a lot of focus on new flora and fauna in the expansion.

A couple of creatures and mechanics I'd like to see specifically are:
    The Turtle
    f4iv5gnfesi5.jpg
    One thing that we don't have now that I'd really to see is a creature that instead of moving around a relatively small patrol area, migrates around a large portion of the map in real time, and I think the Turtle or maybe the Whale would fit well as that type of creature.
    The fish from the Grand Reef concept art
    11sisqou5x7b.png
    I think these fish would do well as a medium sized ambient herbivore who's design could fit well in most biomes.
    Coral Reef Grabbers
    gq5lqj4qe86c.jpg
    I think these would be cool shallows predator that could potentially have some interesting game mechanics.

Aside from new creatures I'd also like to see more AI improvements to make the creatures seem a lot less gamey than they are now.

Well said @Morph_Guy. I always find myself agreeing with your comments.
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Really, i want all of these things. But mostly i want more Floral Interaction with the player and environment. I still miss how the acid mushrooms would react to the players presence.

It's those little things that captivate you, drags you into the world and immerses you in ways you never thought off. Like you have a presence there.
    And it's such a little thing, but it adds so very much life to the world. making it seem as if you're really there, and not just a camera with a scuba mask on.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Sutremaine wrote: »
    Weather would be awesome. If nothing else, it would add a little interest to the surface, but it could be a part of the 'persistent survival gameplay' Avimimus mentioned above. Right now, if you know what you're doing, you can immediately paddle along the surface to the north and south islands and not be bothered by a thing. Even if you don't know what you're doing, the surface is safe. I'm not suggesting fully random weather with the possibility of a typhoon on Day 1, but weather whose extremes get worse and worse as you get through the game. Perhaps it could be based on crafting, much like some of the comms messages. Made a MK2 Cyclops Hull Module? I'm sure you can handle a little turbulence by now.

The fact that weather could only really be seen on the surface is the #1 reason why I would never, never, never want them to focus any time on it. Why work on something for the surface in a game that is about the ocean?

edited August 2017
    Voxel wrote: »
    I want to see the developers ignores the polls (including the one I created) and get on with their own analysis to go with whatever give the most time/cost effective improvement.

Come on. I knew there would be a comment like this. The devs need to know what WE want because at the end of the day, we are the ones who give them money. Polls can be a great tool to communicate our desires to the devs. Without us, the devs would be unemployed.

This is most definitely and absolutely true. The whole point of an Early Access game is for all of to provide feedback so the developers have some idea what fans will like. You might say our feedback is helping the developers create a game that will sell more copies and thus maximize their profits. I think the Devs used our feedback to create a much more fun Cyclops, etc, etc.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    garath wrote: »
    Sutremaine wrote: »
    Weather would be awesome. If nothing else, it would add a little interest to the surface, but it could be a part of the 'persistent survival gameplay' Avimimus mentioned above. Right now, if you know what you're doing, you can immediately paddle along the surface to the north and south islands and not be bothered by a thing. Even if you don't know what you're doing, the surface is safe. I'm not suggesting fully random weather with the possibility of a typhoon on Day 1, but weather whose extremes get worse and worse as you get through the game. Perhaps it could be based on crafting, much like some of the comms messages. Made a MK2 Cyclops Hull Module? I'm sure you can handle a little turbulence by now.

The fact that weather could only really be seen on the surface is the #1 reason why I would never, never, never want them to focus any time on it. Why work on something for the surface in a game that is about the ocean?

Weather most certainly does effect the shallow areas of the ocean. Winds start currents which churn up sand. Plus, storms are awesome.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    garath wrote: »

Go watch some Let's Players first reactions when they first realize three's an eclipse going on. Because it's jaw-dropping if done correctly, that's why.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Forget the arctic, add the twisty bridges. WAY better than just some block of ice.

"You are in a maze of twisty bridges, all [alike|different]."
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Forget the arctic, add the twisty bridges. WAY better than just some block of ice.

"You are in a maze of twisty bridges, all [alike|different]."

Plz no, if your talking about zork. I don't even think there's a way out of there.
  • NorthernBruceNorthernBruce Canada Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231544Members
    Other.
    All of them, but a Cyclops dock most of all.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    Infinite random

unknownworlds
    Other.
    All of them, but a Cyclops dock most of all.

Cyclops dock would indeed be awesome! I hope they add it.
    Infinite random

unknownworlds

IMHO, Subnautica succeeds so well because the entire world is a fixed map that has been hand crafted. If you add infinite random, that is a completely 100% different game. I don't even really have to argue one way or the other on this. The developers have already said they tried to do just a tiny bit more randomization but abandoned the idea because of the problems it caused.