Vsync/framerate issues

LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I found the F3 panel and noticed it says the "target framerate" is 144 but my desktop resolution is set to 120.

I'm also only getting about 20fps... this is with a GTX 1070.

I've tried switching between Vsync on and off, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

EDIT: something weird is going on. Dropping all settings to minimum doesn't improve frame rate at all. Maybe it's my CPU? (i5-2500K @3.3) I started a new game and I'm getting 80fps, so the fact my other save has a lot of stuff in it might be a factor. But still no 120fps?

Comments

• leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
    I doubt it's your CPU. How much RAM do you have?

I'd say it is due to the amount of things in your other game file. I was having a similar issue with a i7-6800k, gtx1080, and 32 GB RAM. The framerate was due to a massive base that I had built and the only way to get my FPS back to to dismantle the ENTIRE base, everything down to the last room. Once I did that my FPS went right back up.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    leenpowell wrote: »
    I doubt it's your CPU. How much RAM do you have?

I'd say it is due to the amount of things in your other game file. I was having a similar issue with a i7-6800k, gtx1080, and 32 GB RAM. The framerate was due to a massive base that I had built and the only way to get my FPS back to to dismantle the ENTIRE base, everything down to the last room. Once I did that my FPS went right back up.

There's that, and data transfer from the hard disk as the data is very much not optimized right now. So run from and SSD if you can. Also, some have noted that setting details to maximum actually results in better performance than normal or low settings (yes that's weird).