I don't know if it's me, but...

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
I just... can't seem to find anything in Subnautica, these days. Started out in Survival, built Fins, built Tank, then I tried to get the stuff for the Repair Tool, and... I could not find any Crash Fish Homes in the Safe Shallows. Loads of Crash Fish Eggs, but no Crash Fish, which means no Cave Sulphur / Crash Powder. I also... could not find - of all things - Limestone for Copper Ore, to make Batteries. Yet I found Silver Ore right off (these two rocks stuck out like sore thumbs in a completely lightless cave And yet... I found no salt. What's going on?! Is it the new designs for the resources? Is it just me?!

Sometimes... the beginning of the Game just feels... so very tedious. Should there be a mode for the handheld scanner that gives off a short directional 'pulse' which highlights local resources on your HUD for a moment. As a compromise, this could use a lot of power. I dunno... maybe I'm just tired and not seeing things anymore... Urrrggghhh....

Comments

• TravyLeeTravyLee West Virginia,USA Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231365Members
    what are your pc specs and graphics settings this could play a role in things not spawning in
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    There are definitely more Crashfish eggs than actual Crashfish nowadays. But just keep searching in caves and you should find some fairly quickly.

Fair bit of warning, I'm pretty sure they updated the Crashfish AI, meaning that they more often blow up in your face.

At 100% health yesterday, I was looking for quartz in the Shallows and I got too close to one of them, and ten seconds later, I was dead.

I have a newfound fear of the little buggers.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited June 2017
    They also made them a bit smarter.
    The dang things have learned how to follow you when you turn abruptly.
    Best thing to do now is try and out distance them..., Very Quickly.
    As soon as I hear the pod opening sound, I move!
    B)
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Problem is, there's a range at which the Crashfish Plant opens and a slightly closer range at which the Crashfish launches. And to outrun them, I suggest using the Seaglide.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Yup, those fish are nasty now and they will explode your face!
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    Found out you can grab some of the plants with a Propulsion cannon and shoot them to different areas. I kinda wish they'd attack stalkers this way. It'd be a win/win in my book.
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    5m4llP0X wrote: »
    Found out you can grab some of the plants with a Propulsion cannon and shoot them to different areas. I kinda wish they'd attack stalkers this way. It'd be a win/win in my book.

You mean tiger plants?
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Crash fish are in the big coral tubes now, too. Had one nearly explode in my face.

I find swimming straight at them and then continuing is a good way to get enough of a head start that they can't turn and catch up easily.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    Do the Crashfish still kill your Seamoth with just one shot?
    ALWAYS thought that needed some "adjustment".
  • 5m4llP0X5m4llP0X Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231356Members
    Wheeljack wrote: »
    Crash fish are in the big coral tubes now, too. Had one nearly explode in my face.

I find swimming straight at them and then continuing is a good way to get enough of a head start that they can't turn and catch up easily.
    Crashfish plants. The thing that holds the suicide fish. Not all can be grabbed, mind you. It usually has to do with how much of the plant is visible. (If you can see the base you can usually pick the whole plant up) Sometimes this also causes the fish to say hi so I gotta warn ya of that.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    edited June 2017
    Precursors be like:

2vtdz0g9r6f2.png

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Do the Crashfish still kill your Seamoth with just one shot?
    ALWAYS thought that needed some "adjustment".

Yes, they still do.
    Because in soviet subnautica, humans are more durable than submarines.
    sayerulz wrote: »

Not really. If a Crashfish gets a direct impact on the player, he's dead too.
    Jacke wrote: »
    sayerulz wrote: »

Not really. If a Crashfish gets a direct impact on the player, he's dead too.

Perhaps, but the players better mobility still seems to make them more dangerous to the seamoth than the player. And then there's the seabases and cyclops getting perforated by acid mushrooms and stray knife swings.
    Best Defense...

Don't take yer Seamoth into tight spaces before checking them out by fin.

B)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited July 2017
    Also I'd like to point out in case others haven't noticed yet: Crashfish explosions no longer cause terrain changes after this update! Even after they removed digging in the sand and prevented building into the terrain, Crashfish blasts could still tear away the land. I'd always feel sick when I heard a Crashfish screech and launch - because I knew the terrain changes would ultimately lead to reduced performance and game crashes, what with gradual game saves compounding the problem.

Now I gladly greet Crashfish with open arms (and lots of First Aid Kits)! :sunglasses:
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Relatedly, I get the impression they're no longer able to blow up their own plants (and possibly other flora, but I've so far failed to get them to explode near with certainty). This is something I've been waiting for for a very long time, so I'm quite pleased. Along with the eggs now spawning outside the plants, all left is to make crash powder respawn.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited July 2017
    I've found in some playthroughs, my Lifepod will spawn with a Crashplant nearby - which of course makes gathering Sulphur Powder easier. Whether it's new to this update or before I'm not sure, but I've noticed after having a Crashfish kamikaze, the Plant always has Powder 100% seemingly. And also after a while (maybe 2-3 game days have passed or loading up a savefile after taking a break, I'm not sure) the empty Crashplant will have a fresh new Crashfish enjoying his home again. :blush:

This is a nice revelation, as it shows exhaustible assets (fish, rocks, items etc) will slowly respawn back into the world, instead of having to worry about bleeding a biome dry and having to forage elsewhere. But for the Crashfish, it means if you clear out a cave with 3+ in a cluster, be careful if you explore it again later and don't pay attention... (SAVE FREQUENTLY!) :pensive:
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    I've found in some playthroughs, my Lifepod will spawn with a Crashplant nearby - which of course makes gathering Sulphur Powder easier. Whether it's new to this update or before I'm not sure, but I've noticed after having a Crashfish kamikaze, the Plant always has Powder 100% seemingly. And also after a while (maybe 2-3 game days have passed or loading up a savefile after taking a break, I'm not sure) the empty Crashplant will have a fresh new Crashfish enjoying his home again. :blush:

This is a nice revelation, as it shows exhaustible assets (fish, rocks, items etc) will slowly respawn back into the world, instead of having to worry about bleeding a biome dry and having to forage elsewhere. But for the Crashfish, it means if you clear out a cave with 3+ in a cluster, be careful if you explore it again later and don't pay attention... (SAVE FREQUENTLY!) :pensive:

I don't think the respawn applies to minerals. Fish have been respawning for months though.
    edited July 2017
    Have They removed the Bulkhead opening/closing animation or do I have a BUG?

It just pops right open/closed now.
    B)
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    Have They removed the Bulkhead opening/closing animation or do I have a BUG?

It just pops right open/closed now.
    B)

Haven't played for a while, but I'd think that was a bug. However, that animation is one that I find can be nauseating due to the bobbing of the camera while the PoV moves. Maybe it was removed.