When balancing goes wrong

2»

Comments

• WiirlakWiirlak Blaton Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230772Members
    @MaxAstro I agree with you for the O² limit, having the depth limit is already enough.
    Just say some of the power is use to make O² - and since the Seamoth use energy in idling, it is already supported by the devs ( Overview, 2nd paragraph : http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Seamoth )

The very first time I build a moonpool, I immediately build a vehicule modification station and make a MK2 .. and a MK3 ..
    I already had everything in stock.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    edited June 2017
    I've calculated that time in the game is accelerated at least 128 times in the Experimental Build over the last month (game time 3d 3h 30m, last date in PDA 403d). Problem is that's kind of hid away from the player. I think that fixes the rotation rate being too fast.

I do think Marblemelons are still grow too fast without any inputs like water or dissolved nutrients. However, that really is a gameplay aid. I've found I can easily get by with 4 Plant Shelves of them on the bridge (actually have 16 of those) along with some Bulbo, Chinese Potato, and Lantern Tree fruit.
    zetachron wrote: »
    ...nuclear accidents....
    ...leading to the ultimate counter to the Sea Dragon: Gojira!

• StoogeyStoogey Australia (Land Down Under) Join Date: 2013-09-29 Member: 188516Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Early access so get over it lmao.

I still cri and beg for ns3 :<<<<<
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Can we just thank the developers for once? It's a miracle it works at all.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Can we just thank the developers for once? It's a miracle it works at all.

Are you kidding? The forum climate for years has been "the devs can do no wrong." It's good that people are questioning them. All of the points being raised here are perfectly valid. If people were saying:

"Devs r stoopid, they just took r mony and then ran off with it, gam is stoopid erly acess money grab *series of racial slurs that I won't print, but that appear with alarming frequency here on the internet.*"

But no one is saying anything like that. People are delivering valid and constructive criticism in a civil manner.
  • HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    @sayerulz marry me.

I can't do that. I can't stay here. I have to keep on traveling, going wherever I'm needed. I'm married to the stars. But you might see me around again. Some day.

*hops into X-wing and flies off into the sunset.*
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    HiSaZuL wrote: »
    :cry:

What, you're not going to follow your heart and go with? You're right, that is sad. :(
  • damonbernddamonbernd USA Join Date: 2016-09-19 Member: 222423Members
    I very much enjoyed reading the above... I can unequivocally agree with a lot of what was posted. It made me feel like some one was reading my thoughts.
    I will say this SUBNAUTICA is AWESOME! . This game has kept my interest for an immense amount of time. I have touted it and even bought it for my friends.
    So far the developers have come through and made me want to start over and do it again and again and again.
    I had written something about power about a year and a half ago (I only used in game unit comparisons) but I am extremely happy to hear it is being given attention. :) A few of my early Cyclops power issues have been recently addressed. Cheers!

One more thought, when you are polishing the graphic settings can you please take a look at UltraWide scaling - I think if you fix the HUD and maybe the PDA it will work fine.

• raven0akraven0ak finalnd Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211425Members
    For me, I track usual earliest game to mid game (aka start new save) what I noted on experimental is difficulty of getting out of pod is highly difficult nowadays, this feels very artificial difficulty increasing too by spawning pod to heavily stalker infested kelp forests and having sandstones hidden deep into 5-6+ stalkers nest and this is not even yet on point of seeking to obtain seamoth
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2017
    How did this change into a love story :worried:

Among all this chaos, love finds a way
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    How did this change into a love story :worried:

Among all this chaos, love finds a way

And whis this melting love gaze now you know why he could "enter the dragon".
    What we are missing now is Chuck Norris as end boss. Crush those dreams of sweet sweet salvation and escape, tear them down and engrave despair onto the souls of men.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    I like this game. But this is difficult. It is the complicated usage issue when balancing goes wrong.

miXvdYi.png