Subnautica Idea's (Feel free to post your ideas!)

Comments

• NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    raton wrote: »
    What about moveable cameras in cyclops? (Like in scaner room)

Sorry for my bad English..

your English is fine mate, but I think that should be something you can build in it, or an upgrade, OR even another sub that can do stuff like that\

(BTW it's spelled scanner)
    I have Many idea's I will start with the Oldest one and work my way to the Newest.
    • Cyclops Improvments.
    1. "Constant scan": when a creature attacks you it is not Just a creature attack but it know's what class creature it is and the red Dot's could become Smaller or bigger depending on the size.
    2. Interaction with player: It could Speak to you more (With it's epic voice) and has more personality. it know's and Relays information to you trough it's Voice.
      For example In point one: "Attention! Captain! Leviathan Class Creature attack Detected, I suggest evacuation of the area Or decoy Deploying" [When The Hull was attacked at 100% (Alarm's Remain the same as the Current Creature attack alarm)]. [When Creature attack's at 50% or after (Alarms are Little more frantic)]: "Warning! Captain! Leviathan Class creature attack! I suggest immidiate evacuation of the area as the Threat Level is Considered high, Deploying of the Decoy might be a good idea!" [If the Hull is attacked at 25% (Alarms go Very Frantic)]: Danger! Captain! Leviathan Class Attack! Deploy Shielding Immidetaly! Threat level is High! Decoy Deploying Highly Suggested!. [When hull is at 15% (alarms go Really Frantic and scary so you Know you are in a huge danger)]:" DANGER! Capt'n Danger! Sub is SEVERLY Damaged! Leviathan Class Creature attacking! Evecuate the area! Full shielding! Deploy the Decoy!" [If hull is 10%> (Nuclear alarm's)] DANGER! Submarine Decompression imminent! Levithan Class Creature attack! God help as all. [Just before Exploding like a final minute before explosion] "Cap'n..Please do not let me Die..Destruction in..10....9....8---"Etc. Also Fire will be announced in more detail: "Warning! Fire detected at Bottom deck in sector 2 (Middle part)!
    3. Self Destruct Button: For when you are REALLY desperate of getting Rid of something: "Warning! Reactor Overdrive! Self Destruct sequence initialized! [Almost Nuclear like Alarm-s] Self destruction in -1 Minute! Submarine Evacuation Is now in effect.[Evac. Alarm's along with Destruction alarm's] Warning! all hands, Abandon ship! Abandon Ship! (after some time) Self destruction in -10....9....8--"etc. [You can Abort at any time] "Attention! Self Destruct sequence has now been, Aborted! Have a Wonderful day."
    • A bigger Sub: Cargo sub even..with 3 Deck's Instead of 2 (Like the cyclops) and about 2x Wider than the Cyclops and 3x Longer. and the 3rd deck is Totally stuff free so feel free to Implement Lockers,Modification stations Etc. also It would Look Bulky/Industrial and only window's are those in cockpit and just before exit, also it can store 2 Veichles (2 bays)
    • War Sub: For example a True battle sub (The Vengance, [Name WIP]) With 6 Forward Torpedo tubes 2 back, Shielding, Reenforced Hull (Can take a LOT more beating than a Cyclops Even being able to take 2 hit's from the Emperor) And 2 Missile Tubes (A long range ones that Could Go up a bit then Dive deep down (Like 200-500m) and then Blowing up, Killing in 20m radius. and a Depth charge tube (for taking out whoever is following you with Decoy tech in the middle, calling the creatures near it and Detonating it) It would be relatively Slow There is only 1 window Forward Mostly Cameras side Could have that Original Cyclops Look to it but, it cannot store ANY veichle
    • Stealth Sub: Shield, max noise is 5 Bar's, And is Faster than Cyclops But Stay's Little Behind Seamoth, Sleek Bullet design, Only 1 deck At front 360 Degree Viewport In the Middle airlock/Bulkhead to get out and Little more room than a Base hallway but not Much, Having 4 cameras (Up,Left,right,down) 1 Decoy tube, as you can guess Does not store any veichle.
    • Base AI Core And Personalty (So the Base's have Buildable AI core (Dracon1023's idea) But also so they have a little Personality for Player Interaction, so player can have Somewhat meaningful converstations with it
    That are all the ideas to put here for now :p Feedback always Welcome :3

I like everything expect the missles part of the war sub. They don't want lethal weapons.

I agree with EVERYTHING said here, ive had the same idea while playing or watching others play. BRILLIANT! (though the self-destruct is kinda overkill, it would mean a big explosion, destroying EVERYTHING you made inside the sub and making it simply impossible (since its an engine detonation) to get your upgrades back
    but good ideas
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    But the game is about surviving not blowing everything up. They don't want any lethal weapons expect the knife. The knife is used to protect yourself anyways. That's why it is very weak
  • Zawrotek98Zawrotek98 Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230695Members
    What would you say to the possibility of taming various creatures?
    For example, tamed stalkers would bring us a scrap metal...
    To tame them we would need to hatch them first so that won't be too easy

So... what you think?
    Zawrotek98 wrote: »

So... what you think?

Now THAT is a good use of the taming mechanics
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    Zawrotek98 wrote: »

So... what you think?

Now THAT is a good use of the taming mechanics

It is. You can tame stalkers already by feeding them a Peeper, and they don't even have to be hatched.

They'll bring you metal for a set amount of time, then they'll realize the character looks mighty tasty.

Sadly that method only works on Stalkers.

Sandsharks just don't enjoy a nice Peeper supper.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited May 2017
    Actually all carnivore (I totally know how to spell it and didn't edit my post after reading NVMGamer's post)

All of those type of fauna will eat smaller fauna out of your hand. The stalkers are he only ones that give you a metal For doing it. I'm pretty sure the rest just leave you alone for a while.
    Actually all canavour, canovour? HOW DO YOU SOELL IT? cannavor? Conavour? Coanoviur? Ah screw it spelling words in English is confusing enough even if you grew up speaking it.
    All of those type of fauna will eat smaller fauna out of your hand. The stalkers are he only ones that give you a metal For doing it. I'm pretty sure the rest just leave you alone for a while.

carnivore? hahaha

Actually all carnivore (I totally know how to spell it and didn't edit my post after reading NVMGaner's post)

NVMGaner? whos that?

• deathslaughter9_deathslaughter9_ Usa Join Date: 2017-05-26 Member: 230768Members
    There should be a way to tame animals or to have alot more pets in the game
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

1) Get Peepers
    2) Equip Peeper
    3) Swim up to Stalker
    4) Enjoy
  • M4trixM4trix Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224997Members
    edited May 2017
    Hey there, I have some ideas about future Subnautica content(the names of the content may be non-cool):
    New things:
    -Salt Ledges[Biome]. This biome will be something like a Safe Shallows but with many big salt crystals (they can be mined with PRAWN's drill).
    -Caves for Mushroom Forest[Biome].
    -Canyon[Biome]. This biome will be located in Dunes. It is a big fracture with lava at the bottom. It also have different outcrops(Limestone, Sandstone, Basalt)
    -The Mine[Biome]. This is an alien mining facility located in the deep cave. There will be a huge cavern with some ore veins in the rocks. Also there will be glowing crystals.

-Radioisotope Knife[Item]. It is an alternate upgrade to survival knife. Craft: 1 Survival Knfe + 1 Uranium
    -Heavy Suit[Item]. It is an upgraded suit which allows you to dive down very fast.
    -Harpoon[Item]. You know how it should work. Craft: 1 Titanium Ingot, 1 Stalker Tooth, 2 Silicone Rubber.
    -Heat Speargun[Item]. Upgrade for harpoon. Craft: 1 Harpoon, 2 Aerogel, 4 Sulphur
    -Advanced Medical Fabricator[Object]. Produces Green Medkits, which can heal full health and stabilize player's body temperature to normal for some time. Craft: 5 Titanium, 1 Advanced Wiring Kit, 1 Benzene
    -Advanced Diving Mask[Item]. It is upgrade of Rebreather. Kelps produce some oxygen, so it helps to decrease the oxygen usage. Craft: 1 Rebreather, 1 Advanced Wiring Kit, 2 Creepvine Sample
    -Headlight Mask[Item]. Another upgrade of Rebreather. It has attached flashlight, which helps you to work in darkness. Craft: 1 Rebreather, 1 Battery, 2 Creepvine Seed Cluster.

Game changes:
    -Make that you can get something from dead creatures(in example you can get some Stalker Teeth from dead Stalker)

Hope you enjoyed that stuff. Maybe I will post some more stuff here...
    edited May 2017

ಠ_ಠ
    But my comment I made about how you can feed them fish
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
  • Redheadplaya232Redheadplaya232 Join Date: 2018-01-14 Member: 235044Members
    I would like 4 fish and animals:

1. The monster of the mountain lands: These bug-like creatures will have long tongues which they use to snatch victims and prey. They should spawn on islands.

2. The monster of the dark oceans: These sea treader-like creatures should come out at night and seek down the player and bite their flesh. They should attack in groups of three or four.

3. The great Chomper: These plant like creatures should spawn on reefbacks and it should camouflage on the reefback and when prey and victims get close they will gobble them up. They should have a great appetite for scraps that players don’t use anymore.

4. The molten lava eel: These eel - like creature should be a overpowered lava eel. They should spawn in craters with holes and multiple eels will pop out and attack.
  • freshmeat107freshmeat107 Join Date: 2017-12-30 Member: 234691Members
    I would like to see surround sound audio support added so I can make use of my 5.1 speaker setup with this game.
  • profanegodprofanegod Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235279Members
    +1 to anyone who has ever suggested a "Take All" button on containers.
  • lhoyle16lhoyle16 Join Date: 2018-01-18 Member: 235191Members
    Zedia wrote: »
    there is no "new thread" button or anything so please help me

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/subnautica-general-discussion
    click "new discussion"
  • FlubberFlubber Sweden Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235342Members
    How about light switches so you can enjoy the awesome neon lights in some rooms?
  • turtlefrogturtlefrog Join Date: 2018-01-21 Member: 235346Members
    edited January 2018
    Base:

-The ladders of the base should be retractable, in some thight areas you are always clipping against them.

-The controls of stacking together the different building blocks of the base, especially deconstructing certain rooms, where other objects are attached to this room, is just very error-prone/glitchy.Basebuilding in this kind of games should be as easy as stacking lego blocks, but it definately is not in this case.Often if you want to build a building onto a foundation square you cant even build it in the middle of it, but rather have to build it on one of the corners.

-A teleporter system to teleport from base to base would be nice

-AI controlled freight submarines which you can programm on a route to transport/exchange ressourches between several bases (like the freight ships in the Anno games) and a buildable automated industrialised resource processing chain (like in the minecraft mod industrial craft: ) for the late game meta, would be cool.

Scanner Room:

-I would like to see the scanner room icons changing to small points, instead of circles if the ressourches are fare away and the further they are
    away the smaller the points are. The scanner room clutter looks very bad, the way it is now, its just way to distracting seeing all those circles.
    An additional degree of trancparency could also help.

-Add maybe a mobil signal repeater station for the scanning room,which you can carry around with you and drop into the water and which extends the range of your scanner room range.If the range of your scanner room is 500 meter then you can drop it off 490 meter away from the scanner room to extend your scanner room range about x hundret meters.
    (Im not so sure about this one anymore because having to build additional bases in dangerous areas and managing to get ressourchers in those additional bases is a rather fun part of the late game meta, so maybe no repeaters).

Hard Mode:

I know this game is designed in a way that everyone can enjoy it, no matter if casual player or dedecated player .And the game does that exceptionaly well, most of the time.
    In the early till mid game the fact that this game is very easy and forgiving most of the time, didnt borther me at all.But in the late game when i wanderd out in those deeper more dangerous regions, i was kind of dissapointed of how harmless and forgiving most of the predators are. Even the leviathans spot you only if you swim right infront of their face (as long as you dont use the cyclops, because this thing attracts leviathans like light attracts insects). Only the bonesharks hunt you down relentlessly. And the crashfishes (very early in game if you dont have any speedbuffs) and warper are kind of annoying too.But thats it, all other creatures are just extremly easy to avoid. Take the sandshark for example, got anyone of you really hit by that creature, if you are not doing it on purpose?

Long story short: A hard mode where creatures are more aggressive, their attacks are more focused and harder to avoid and do more damage, would be very cool. Same counts for the environmental hazzards like the vulcanic erruption holes, of hot steaming water, which you can swim into with taking only very little to no damage at all. Some additional creatures which you can only see in hard mode, like for example some more exotic, non snake looking leviathans,which are even bigger then the allready exiting ones(or just as big, but even more disgusting looking) could be very cool.

Vehicles in general:

-Option to toggle the vehicle enter and exit animations on and off.

Seaglide:

-The 3D holographic map for the seaglide is also just terrible gimmicky and useless.The only thing it does is blocking your field of view.
    And you have to press the mouse button so many times to toggle the seaglide in a mode where the light is on and the map is off.
    Better would be if you could blend in a 2D map into the seaglides view while holding a key and if you let go of the key the map disapears again.

Cyclops:

-If i switch to the camera view of the cyclops, then i cant see my compass anymore.That should be changed.

-The steering wheel of the cyclops is to big and blocks to much of your view.

-There needs to be a shortcut keycommand for switching into the camera view of the cyclops.It hurts the flow of the gameplay if i have to click the camera icon everytime with the mouse.

-If the air bubbles created from a brain coral rise up and hit and burst at the hull of the cyclops, they create a noise which is way to simular to the sound a creature makes when it rams your ship or you make when you ram against the environment.

-It would be good if the enemy alert of the cyclops could be deactivated temporarily, or if it would no longer be triggerable through creature attacks,like the one from the ampeel, which cant damage your shield anyways.

-It would be good if the cyclops alarm would still activate when you are outside the ship (mining with a prawn suite for example) if a leviathan shows up.
    (Im not so sure about that anymore either, maybe better no alarm if you are outside,because it takes away from the tention of having to look on your own)

- You should be able to remote control the cyclops,simular to the cameras of the scanner room (while you are sitting in the prawn suite for example and wanderd to far off for mining purposes) after recieving a upgrade/neural implant.

Prawn suite:

-A rare to find special elite prawn suite,which has 3 or 4 arms instead of only 2, so that you can dock more differnt arms,would be cool. The suite could be hard to find (bottom of the void) and would need many expensive ressources to construct.

-Drilling a mineral block with the prawn takes way to much time, its just not fun waiting that long to empty one mineral block.

-The prawn should maintain its momentum better, after catapulting you forward with the grappling hook arm.Especially when you do sling shot (swing-by) maneuvers, when you let go of the grapple in the right timeframe and extend the momentum even further, with some bunny hops/jumping shortly after you land on the ground again, or using your jetpack afterwards to stay longer in the air. But instead the friction of the ground just sucks up all the forward momentum, after landing and doing a jump right after the landing, to extend your forward momentum(which you got from the catapulting with the gravling hook) does also not work most of the time.You also can not grapple hook onto a hill if you stand on the bottom of the hill, because you just crash into the hill instead of landing ontop of the hill even if you use at the same time your jetpack.

Look at how the grappling hook works in titanfall 2 they have managed the maintaining momentum and landing on higher objects while using the grappling hook perfect:

It does not need to be as fast as in titanfall 2 but you should at least be able to maintain the momentum better or swing ontop of a hill better if you use grappling hook and jetpack at the same time.

Performance:

-The level streaming and lod(level of details) streaming needs to be improved alot.Often the game loads entire rifs or seagrass regions suddenly into your field of view, even if you are only 50 meter away.

-The frame rate drops down very often,especially if you jump out of the water,then its often even more of a stuttering/little freeze then a drop.
  • T_SkilletT_Skillet United States Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235424Members
    what about some sort of new biome deep in the void that you have to get to by using some sort of stealth equipment to sneak past the ghost leviathans like maybe in the new arctic biome you could find a cloaking device of some sort. i would just really like the void to be expanded because its so mysterious it would be nice for something to be put in there maybe answers as to why this is the only chunk of land for miles
  • subNick5000subNick5000 Join Date: 2018-01-23 Member: 235478Members
    a seamoth bay size room with his aquarium
  • MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    You know that feeling that it doesn't just feel like home?
    No matter how many props or how nice the furniture is.

I think we are missing a toilet. A nice functional toilet, with flushing sound and everything. With a nice text explaining how your waste will be reused on the base growbeds.
  • Untar1Untar1 Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235688Members
    I have an idea, that was probably posted before, but still: Daytime based flora and fauna.
    As of right now, almost everything in the game is cathemeral (active during both day and night equally). Imagine if, for example, certain creatures would appear only during the night, i.e. new predators or, on the contrary, new "prey"?

That definitely would spice up the exploration, making you plan your adventures in advance.

Secondly, make your bases less impregnable. Right now, the second you step into your seabase, you are fine and safe. NOTHING can touch you. However, the official lore mentions that Degasi crew's base was demolished. Of course, that would make it super "base management", but that would make you plan your base location - aesthetics over danger. Or, at least, make the base 'degrade' over time. So you travel around in your fancy pink cyclops and you get a notificaiton: "Captain, your base integrity is damaged".

Of course, more aggressive things that can destroy bases would force the development of defensive structures. (at least some sort of, like shock turrets or something).

Now, we know about Precursors. A bonus storyline involving them would be nice. Something that begins with your Cyclops informing you that someone got inside your base. Now that would be a thing. You wouldn't even necessarily have to implement the actual Precursor models, but just hints where they were or went. Like, the last Precursor.

Lastly, more customizable buildings For example, a moonpool with entrance from the side or above. Because in certain cases, the area below the moonpool is a bit too small for PRAWN Suit.

P.S. I know that, according to the lore, life outside of the game location is wiped out completely due to Carar virus, we eventually cure it. Maybe that could trigger a storyline that will be accessible outside of "area of life"? Like, let's say, a new Precursor portal to an area beyond "void". I really liked Precursors, so it would be nice to get more info on them.
  • lokivoidlokivoid Россия Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235781Members
    Arctic Biome presentation

I have an idea how to present arctic biome. When player build Neptune Rocket and take off to the orbit... well... first time it crashes underwater somewhere near North Pole. The rocket debris then become player starting habitat. Habitat AI then analyzes cause of crash and finds out that for instance planet is periodically affected by strong ionic storm from the star, which disables all electronics. To safely pass the storm ship must be fixed and imporved. Components for ion shield is not so easy to obtain
  • MizoikMizoik Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235926Members
    edited January 2018
    (Well ,sorry if someone has already posted this idea .)
    I want Unknownworlds to make something like pets ,not only cute fish , another ones .So this is how i'd preher it'll work : u create big aqarium ,put there some eggs, than they grow ,maybe u must feed them . I don't want every creature can be a pet , maybe only small size creatures like bladderfish or boomerang . I think they might give u little gameplay bonus - maybe they could bting some 1slot items to u , say if there is any danger - and all that cute fish can do . I think it can be realised.
  • Shady_oneShady_one Join Date: 2017-04-08 Member: 229491Members
    Cyclops nuclear reactor.
    Really, nuclear subs are existing IRL, so why there can't be two ways of powering the sub? You can just replace the power cells or you can put reactor rods into Cyclops' reactor. The reactor might be a special upgrade. like thermal one, or default option. Also, Cyclops reactor might be utilizing regular reactor rods, or only specific Cyclops rods.
  • Logan_WalkerLogan_Walker Namibia Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236076Members
    I have a idea. Maybe add something in like a equipment recycler for E.G. when u want to get rid off ur underwater lockers and don't have space for them or need u can recycle it and get 50% of the resources back or even 75% or all of it. maybe just add a extension to the fabricator to recycle equipment or another base ad don like the fabricator but it only recycles the equipment u put in it
  • Logan_WalkerLogan_Walker Namibia Join Date: 2018-01-28 Member: 236076Members
    I have Many idea's I will start with the Oldest one and work my way to the Newest.
    • Cyclops Improvments.
    1. "Constant scan": when a creature attacks you it is not Just a creature attack but it know's what class creature it is and the red Dot's could become Smaller or bigger depending on the size.
    2. Interaction with player: It could Speak to you more (With it's epic voice) and has more personality. it know's and Relays information to you trough it's Voice.
      For example In point one: "Attention! Captain! Leviathan Class Creature attack Detected, I suggest evacuation of the area Or decoy Deploying" [When The Hull was attacked at 100% (Alarm's Remain the same as the Current Creature attack alarm)]. [When Creature attack's at 50% or after (Alarms are Little more frantic)]: "Warning! Captain! Leviathan Class creature attack! I suggest immidiate evacuation of the area as the Threat Level is Considered high, Deploying of the Decoy might be a good idea!" [If the Hull is attacked at 25% (Alarms go Very Frantic)]: Danger! Captain! Leviathan Class Attack! Deploy Shielding Immidetaly! Threat level is High! Decoy Deploying Highly Suggested!. [When hull is at 15% (alarms go Really Frantic and scary so you Know you are in a huge danger)]:" DANGER! Capt'n Danger! Sub is SEVERLY Damaged! Leviathan Class Creature attacking! Evecuate the area! Full shielding! Deploy the Decoy!" [If hull is 10%> (Nuclear alarm's)] DANGER! Submarine Decompression imminent! Levithan Class Creature attack! God help as all. [Just before Exploding like a final minute before explosion] "Cap'n..Please do not let me Die..Destruction in..10....9....8---"Etc. Also Fire will be announced in more detail: "Warning! Fire detected at Bottom deck in sector 2 (Middle part)!
    3. Self Destruct Button: For when you are REALLY desperate of getting Rid of something: "Warning! Reactor Overdrive! Self Destruct sequence initialized! [Almost Nuclear like Alarm-s] Self destruction in -1 Minute! Submarine Evacuation Is now in effect.[Evac. Alarm's along with Destruction alarm's] Warning! all hands, Abandon ship! Abandon Ship! (after some time) Self destruction in -10....9....8--"etc. [You can Abort at any time] "Attention! Self Destruct sequence has now been, Aborted! Have a Wonderful day."
    • A bigger Sub: Cargo sub even..with 3 Deck's Instead of 2 (Like the cyclops) and about 2x Wider than the Cyclops and 3x Longer. and the 3rd deck is Totally stuff free so feel free to Implement Lockers,Modification stations Etc. also It would Look Bulky/Industrial and only window's are those in cockpit and just before exit, also it can store 2 Veichles (2 bays)
    • War Sub: For example a True battle sub (The Vengance, [Name WIP]) With 6 Forward Torpedo tubes 2 back, Shielding, Reenforced Hull (Can take a LOT more beating than a Cyclops Even being able to take 2 hit's from the Emperor) And 2 Missile Tubes (A long range ones that Could Go up a bit then Dive deep down (Like 200-500m) and then Blowing up, Killing in 20m radius. and a Depth charge tube (for taking out whoever is following you with Decoy tech in the middle, calling the creatures near it and Detonating it) It would be relatively Slow There is only 1 window Forward Mostly Cameras side Could have that Original Cyclops Look to it but, it cannot store ANY veichle
    • Stealth Sub: Shield, max noise is 5 Bar's, And is Faster than Cyclops But Stay's Little Behind Seamoth, Sleek Bullet design, Only 1 deck At front 360 Degree Viewport In the Middle airlock/Bulkhead to get out and Little more room than a Base hallway but not Much, Having 4 cameras (Up,Left,right,down) 1 Decoy tube, as you can guess Does not store any veichle.
    • Base AI Core And Personalty (So the Base's have Buildable AI core (Dracon1023's idea) But also so they have a little Personality for Player Interaction, so player can have Somewhat meaningful converstations with it
    That are all the ideas to put here for now :p Feedback always Welcome :3

I like everything expect the missles part of the war sub. They don't want lethal weapons.

I think he meant torpedoes becouse the seamoth and the prawn suit can get torpedoes