Perhaps some ideas. Please add your own in the comments

Sir_AflackSir_Aflack Join Date: 2017-04-02 Member: 229379Members
I don't know if this is a place where developers and such can see this kind of thing, (so other consumers please repost this where it will be effective if you like it.). I would personally like to see Weather changes, maybe even seasons long term, (though not 365 days in game maybe every 20 in game days a season change? with random weather?). I would also like to see more aggressiveness in well, aggressive creatures, they are simply too easy to avoid. Also, (and I'm sure everyone has heard this one) I really want to see more focus on actual SURVIVAL. Not just avoiding creatures and making sure those food/water/oxygen levels are topped off, but more survival in the sense. Yes more on the food/water/oxygen concept but also maybe the Bends, and sickness, and getting tired after a few days, and more hostility in the local life, (I'm not saying I want something/everything to attack me every 10 seconds but honestly you are supposed FOOD to these animals.) I'm certain I'm not the first to have these ideas, but I haven't come across them posted before, (not saying they haven't been posted, just that I haven't seen them). Sir_Aflack

Comments

• Sir_AflackSir_Aflack Join Date: 2017-04-02 Member: 229379Members
    *supposed to be FOOD sorry for the mistype I forgot the (to be)
  • TheStarTrekFanTheStarTrekFan Join Date: 2017-05-12 Member: 230437Members
    i would love the following:

A sub in-between the Seamoth and the Cyclops, sort of like a shuttle from Star Trek.

A larger sub besides the Cyclops that is basically a combat sub in case you have creatures attacking the base or you are exploring deep

Changing the bridge of the Cyclops to be more bridge-like

Adding a rail system that submarines lay the track for. This rail system would travel three times as fast as a sub.

A Cyclops dry-dock which is added on to the base. Not only will the cyclops be docked, but yoCu can add things like turrets or extra engine pods to the outside.

Prawn Suit docking for Cyclops. (The seamoth can dock but the PrawnSuit can't)

Add a base module like a command center.

And those are my humble ideas.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Uhhh the prawn can dock the in the dock in the cyclops. If it won't work then it's a glitch

(Nite to self; tying while handn is. A sleep is a bad idea)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If your PRAWN has problems docking, remove the Torpedo arm first, there's a bug with that particular arm.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Sir_Aflack wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a place where developers and such can see this kind of thing, (so other consumers please repost this where it will be effective if you like it.). I would personally like to see Weather changes, maybe even seasons long term, (though not 365 days in game maybe every 20 in game days a season change? with random weather?). I would also like to see more aggressiveness in well, aggressive creatures, they are simply too easy to avoid. Also, (and I'm sure everyone has heard this one) I really want to see more focus on actual SURVIVAL. Not just avoiding creatures and making sure those food/water/oxygen levels are topped off, but more survival in the sense. Yes more on the food/water/oxygen concept but also maybe the Bends, and sickness, and getting tired after a few days, and more hostility in the local life, (I'm not saying I want something/everything to attack me every 10 seconds but honestly you are supposed FOOD to these animals.) I'm certain I'm not the first to have these ideas, but I haven't come across them posted before, (not saying they haven't been posted, just that I haven't seen them). Sir_Aflack
    Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
    I'd like to comment on some of them. I will put in some spoilers which you should avoid if you are still very new and don't won't to know in advance. Compared to other survival games I know, you pretty much have the same level of Survival aspect. There may be some more out there with even more survival aspects but the average survial-ish game has not more aspects covered then food/water/shelter. The last beeing an optional point in Subnautica. The aggro range of creatures is currently beeing disucussed by the community (At least I appears to be so) because with the last update that came out it becamo more obvious, that the player as a single diver creates more aggro at greater ranges then the Cyclops in it's silent running mode. The moment you exit your Cyclops you pull aggro from nearby creatures, in one case even that of a Leviathan class creature.

That beeing said imo the aggro range is far from too small and since you only have a knife and later on
    a stasisrifle and a repulsion cannon
    you can't implement a aggro range that makes you prime target for everything. You would simply just die way too often. I think the level of aggression that the predators have is ok. You know we are an alien "thing" to those creatures. Something the have not seen before making noises they have never heard before. Therefore I think it is ok that the attack you if you come to close but don't relentlessly attack and kill you on sight. In many cases when humans survive a shark attack, the sharks "only" did a kind of test-bite to see if you are prey or not. Since the have no arms or other means to check what you are, they bite to find out. But they bite kinda softly and not like they bite something they consider food. That is why you can survive a shark attack on earth.

"The bends" is left out on purpose to simplify the diving experience for an overall smoother gameplay. The sickness aspect is on some level already covered by the game.
    You get infected by a bacterium called Carar. This infection takes it course over the whole game afaik it does not effect your gameplay other then on a visual basis but it is part of the storyline.

Weather is a often requested feature that has a chance to be implemented after release maybe. We will have to wait and see what the devs will add or not add.

• LiarivLiariv Join Date: 2017-05-12 Member: 230446Members
    I have a suggestion that I want to post, I might make its own topic if I don't get any reply here, but this seems like a good place to put it. I think Warpers are incredibly over powered. They can warp you out of your sub and sometimes they can kill you instantly, and if you die all the way down in the inactive lava zone in your prawn, there is no way to get back to it without building another prawn.

My suggested solution to this would be some kind of Anti Warper module for the Seamoth and Prawn. It could be very hard to make and take up a module slot, like maybe you unlock it when you scan the warper in the virus research lab, and it takes lots of rare resources to make, but it stops warpers warping you out of your submarine, because if a warper instantly kills you all the way down in the inactive lava zone you basically just need to reload a save, and if you weren't expecting it and haven't saved in a while you could potentially lose hours of progress. I don't know if anyone has thought of this idea before, but I thought it was worth sharing.
  • captincookcaptincook Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223262Members
    Well I would love to see new biome's and maby islands behind the aurora so it's not point less because if you go behind it there's nothing but a reaper some stalkers some sand sharks and like half of a little piece of dirt ruble, I want to see cool biome's and not just a void into nothing it would be amazing for new biome's that hold a lot of resources like sliver cooper diamond, and other cause my base is in the crag field and I go behind the aurora to collect scrap metal because that's the only place I know it has alot and then nothing and it's really going to be harder if they add the ghost levithan to the void to protect from players trying to leave, so I would love new biome's that have more agro creatures, thanks for reading this long thing ;)
  • Sir_AflackSir_Aflack Join Date: 2017-04-02 Member: 229379Members
    Sir_Aflack wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
    I'd like to comment on some of them. I will put in some spoilers which you should avoid if you are still very new and don't won't to know in advance. Compared to other survival games I know, you pretty much have the same level of Survival aspect. There may be some more out there with even more survival aspects but the average survial-ish game has not more aspects covered then food/water/shelter. The last beeing an optional point in Subnautica. The aggro range of creatures is currently beeing disucussed by the community (At least I appears to be so) because with the last update that came out it becamo more obvious, that the player as a single diver creates more aggro at greater ranges then the Cyclops in it's silent running mode. The moment you exit your Cyclops you pull aggro from nearby creatures, in one case even that of a Leviathan class creature.

That beeing said imo the aggro range is far from too small and since you only have a knife and later on
    a stasisrifle and a repulsion cannon
    you can't implement a aggro range that makes you prime target for everything. You would simply just die way too often. I think the level of aggression that the predators have is ok. You know we are an alien "thing" to those creatures. Something the have not seen before making noises they have never heard before. Therefore I think it is ok that the attack you if you come to close but don't relentlessly attack and kill you on sight. In many cases when humans survive a shark attack, the sharks "only" did a kind of test-bite to see if you are prey or not. Since the have no arms or other means to check what you are, they bite to find out. But they bite kinda softly and not like they bite something they consider food. That is why you can survive a shark attack on earth.

"The bends" is left out on purpose to simplify the diving experience for an overall smoother gameplay. The sickness aspect is on some level already covered by the game.
    You get infected by a bacterium called Carar. This infection takes it course over the whole game afaik it does not effect your gameplay other then on a visual basis but it is part of the storyline.

Weather is a often requested feature that has a chance to be implemented after release maybe. We will have to wait and see what the devs will add or not add.

You make some excellent points @ThePassionateGamer
  • TheStarTrekFanTheStarTrekFan Join Date: 2017-05-12 Member: 230437Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    If your PRAWN has problems docking, remove the Torpedo arm first, there's a bug with that particular arm.

No I mean along with it. Seamoth for protected movement, and PRAWN for interacting with the enviroment. There is definitly enough room in the Cyclops to fit both.