Any advice for a new starter to the game?

2»

Comments

• ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    So I'm the only one who saw this?

Nope you are not. :tongue:

I already mentioned this...but I must have overlooked the line on the display in my latest playthrough. So the gravity anchor is still a thing? Good. Then yeah basically, repair your pods systems and it should not move anymore. Maybe there is a glitch/bug that still lets it move in some cases...that is something I can't say for sure.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

Nope you are not. :tongue:

I already mentioned this...but I must have overlooked the line on the display in my latest playthrough. So the gravity anchor is still a thing? Good. Then yeah basically, repair your pods systems and it should not move anymore. Maybe there is a glitch/bug that still lets it move in some cases...that is something I can't say for sure.

That build is from last year though. IIRC it's been removed (dunno why).
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    H6xV3pN.jpg
    the whole "gravity anchor" thing.

yet another thing, if you look at that panel, it's been telling you there is 'something' wrong (avoiding giving out spoilers)
  • CaptainBarbequeCaptainBarbeque Hell Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228247Members
    Go to biomes called the dunes and mountains!
    there are a lot of minerals and blueprints there and best of all: It's safe!
  • SubnaticbroV2SubnaticbroV2 Join Date: 2017-04-24 Member: 229918Members
    NVMGamer wrote: »
    H6xV3pN.jpg
    the whole "gravity anchor" thing.

yet another thing, if you look at that panel, it's been telling you there is 'something' wrong (avoiding giving out spoilers)

Just message me what's wrong because I repaired my pod and I'm screwed because I can't find what's wrong!!!
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Go to biomes called the dunes and mountains!
    there are a lot of minerals and blueprints there and best of all: It's safe!

If that's a joke, I don't get it. You should at least try to make it clear you are making fun. Something like it is a safe....
    bet to be eaten by something big there unless you have at least a Seaglide or better a Seamoth at your disposal (the later better be equipped with a PDS - PerimeterDefenseSystem).

This outrights screams :trollface: to me.
  • BelowZero12BelowZero12 Join Date: 2018-09-20 Member: 243654Members
    A tiny tip, if you repair the lifepod systems, it doesnt drift away anymore

• BelowZero12BelowZero12 Join Date: 2018-09-20 Member: 243654Members
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    I've played this game a lot and played many hardcore playthroughs.

Advice:

If you think you got 30 seconds of air left then you have 10.

Safety is more important than that shiny thing that's "just right there".

Most animals can be outmanoeuvred by circling them with fins.

Oxygen tanks can be swapped.

Radiation suit is staple.

Watch your back.

Open a wiki because you're going to have headaches trying to find anything.

Build a scanner room in every biome.

Dive in caves in red grass biome you may just find something incredibly rare.

And finally you may have seen this in the trailer and it is true. The PDA has one directive: to keep you alive. Listen to it.
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    Wow I'm a year late.