About the Cyclops health update

13»

Comments

• TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited April 2017
    Also at crush depth or below, shouldn't it start getting crushed and eventually implode? I suppose that would be asking much, making another animation and all.

Well, they wouldn't need to make an animation for the Cyclops hull being crushed. They could just add a blurred visual effect to the player's vision and reduce their movement speed, to signify the drastic pressure increase. Then add in a PDA warning about 'hull damage imminent!', and throw in the hull creaking effect when exploring wrecks along with the Bleeder heartbeat sound. If that doesn't propel the player to repair the hull, then disable exit points as their vision fades to black... but they don't die until the sound of metal crunching and explosions can be heard as they rest in their watery grave. :open_mouth:

For me, that would seal the deal to

*puts on sunglasses*

keep the Cyclops shipshape.

C2BaoWYUQAAJz1n.jpg
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Also at crush depth or below, shouldn't it start getting crushed and eventually implode? I suppose that would be asking much, making another animation and all.

Well, they wouldn't need to make an animation for the Cyclops hull being crushed. They could just add a blurred visual effect to the player's vision and reduce their movement speed, to signify the drastic pressure increase. Then add in a PDA warning about 'hull damage imminent!', and throw in the hull creaking effect when exploring wrecks along with the Bleeder heartbeat sound. If that doesn't propel the player to repair the hull, then disable exit points as their vision fades to black... but they don't die until the sound of metal crunching and explosions can be heard as they rest in their watery grave. :open_mouth:

For me, that would seal the deal to

*puts on sunglasses*

keep the Cyclops shipshape.

C2BaoWYUQAAJz1n.jpg

Yeah that would make a good addition to the cyclops overhull