About the Cyclops health update

13»

Comments

• TarkannenTarkannen North CarolinaMembers Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Posts: 669 Advanced user
    edited April 2017
    Also at crush depth or below, shouldn't it start getting crushed and eventually implode? I suppose that would be asking much, making another animation and all.

Well, they wouldn't need to make an animation for the Cyclops hull being crushed. They could just add a blurred visual effect to the player's vision and reduce their movement speed, to signify the drastic pressure increase. Then add in a PDA warning about 'hull damage imminent!', and throw in the hull creaking effect when exploring wrecks along with the Bleeder heartbeat sound. If that doesn't propel the player to repair the hull, then disable exit points as their vision fades to black... but they don't die until the sound of metal crunching and explosions can be heard as they rest in their watery grave. :open_mouth:

For me, that would seal the deal to

*puts on sunglasses*

keep the Cyclops shipshape.

C2BaoWYUQAAJz1n.jpg
    Like my avatar? She's Jane, she's cute and she's awesome! She comes from the webcomic Nerf NOW!! created by Jo Pereira, and you should go check it out right NOW!!
    ShuttleBug
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf FortressMembers Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Posts: 825 Advanced user
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    Also at crush depth or below, shouldn't it start getting crushed and eventually implode? I suppose that would be asking much, making another animation and all.

Well, they wouldn't need to make an animation for the Cyclops hull being crushed. They could just add a blurred visual effect to the player's vision and reduce their movement speed, to signify the drastic pressure increase. Then add in a PDA warning about 'hull damage imminent!', and throw in the hull creaking effect when exploring wrecks along with the Bleeder heartbeat sound. If that doesn't propel the player to repair the hull, then disable exit points as their vision fades to black... but they don't die until the sound of metal crunching and explosions can be heard as they rest in their watery grave. :open_mouth:

For me, that would seal the deal to

*puts on sunglasses*

keep the Cyclops shipshape.

C2BaoWYUQAAJz1n.jpg

Yeah that would make a good addition to the cyclops overhull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
    ShuttleBug