Subnautica Xbox Save/Load Issues - Subnautica

Comments

• xDrWafflesxxDrWafflesx Join Date: 2017-03-29 Member: 229286Members
    I got the exact same message on my world.
  • ZchosenOneZchosenOne Join Date: 2017-03-29 Member: 229287Members
    I got same msg as well.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    These are all worlds that wouldn't save previously, which you just now tried to load, not new saves from after the mini update, correct? (Not sure if it makes a difference, but just in case it does.)
  • greenyelloninjagreenyelloninja Join Date: 2017-03-03 Member: 228524Members
    Same message for me. It was a game I was playing last night and got this message today.
  • jeffla7jeffla7 Join Date: 2017-03-30 Member: 229304Members
  • righteoushorighteousho usa Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228933Members
    Also got the same null value found.
  • THYGAMEWORDENTHYGAMEWORDEN Join Date: 2017-04-01 Member: 229337Members
    Im loving this game fo real I could easily see me playing 100s of hours over time I mean i gotta work too for some reason but this was my new hobby... That being said im getting super pissed off that this save bug (XBOX 1 Elite) seems to be getting minimal attention, I'm dealing with the unbelieveable lag an everything not loading in till I stop moving then wait for things to appear but the save issue is making the game pointless to even play unless you can game for atleast 8 hours to get a decent experience. I know we're bottom feeder console players but we did already spend a decent amount (on a preview game no less) an we basically just got a 20$ demo. I paid a lot less for long dark an never delt with nearly as many issues or anything close. I know this all seems like I'm just nautica bashing but its like being a child an finding your Christmas gifts in the fall an not being able to play with dem till forever. So I'm sorry if this is harsh or I come off as a crybaby cuz I really love all the things this game does great: Original concept, amazing visuals, completely immersive world & great story so far, an all the other tiny details as well. So I guess I'm just looking for some kind of reassurance that this game wasnt some big waste of time an money!! Good luck devs I really really hope things get fixed
  • CascadersCascaders United Kingdom Join Date: 2017-04-01 Member: 229346Members
    edited April 2017
    I use to get the error failed to load save so I havent been able to load it for a long time now. But since the update, even though I still cannot load my save, I am getting a different error from before. The new error says illegal rep length code. I dont know if it is going to help, but who knows?
    p.s.unable to upload screenshot for some reason.
    Cascaders wrote: »
    I use to get the error failed to load save so I havent been able to load it for a long time now. But since the update, even though I still cannot load my save, I am getting a different error from before. The new error says illegal rep length code. I dont know if it is going to help, but who knows?

If you can't upload, take a picture with your cell phone and use that.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks peeps. Looks like it's the same issue for everyone. We're looking into it as a priority.
    I tried that but for some reason it won't let me attach it to the message , I will try again tomorrow.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

If you can't upload, take a picture with your cell phone and use that.

• SoupiestBasher2SoupiestBasher2 Wales Join Date: 2017-04-02 Member: 229373Members
    Same thing is happening for me. I have 9 hours playtime. I came back to the game today and had the exact same error appear on my screen "save data loading failed(A null value was found where an object instance was required) Is there any news about this for Xbox?
  • Mom_and_Son_GamersMom_and_Son_Gamers Join Date: 2017-03-14 Member: 228914Members
    Just hit our second load error on our Xbox one. First one we were only 17 hrs in, not sure if it was the Sunbeam message or exploring the G.U.N. that corrupted the first one. This second game we were able to get 50 hours in by not receiving the Sunbeam and staying away from the Precursor bases... Until we decided to explore inside the one in the Lost River this morning. Went back to base did some upgrading there, saved twice since the first save took extrodinarily long and when we went back this afternoon, we got the loan error. Needless to say , game #3 we'll stay away from the Precursor bases and Sunbeam message lol. Frustrating for sure, but we love the game!
  • plumsauce1307plumsauce1307 Join Date: 2017-03-23 Member: 229127Members
  • plumsauce1307plumsauce1307 Join Date: 2017-03-23 Member: 229127Members
    TyR3x wrote: »
    Just updated the game, I tweeted @subnauticaxbox a pic of the new error message. It says "Save data loading failed (A null value was found where an object instance was required.)."

• LavaLeadrLavaLeadr Join Date: 2017-04-05 Member: 229415Members
    yptdriocy4k7.jpg

I'm in the same boat :(
  • LondoLondo Join Date: 2017-04-05 Member: 229419Members
    edited April 2017
    Add me to the list. Bought the game a couple days ago and have had two saves corrupted after crashes. I'm not putting anymore time in until this gets fixed. Damn shame though since I like it a lot.
  • SatanspawnSatanspawn Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228719Members
    Thank you max.....this bug needs killed asap.....hate to see a great game go to waste.....word spreads fast on xbox live.
  • louieontheboxlouieonthebox Join Date: 2017-04-05 Member: 229448Members
    It won't even load the main menu one day after purchase. Reinstalled, restarted, and did a hard reboot yet it still doesn't load the main menu to start the game.
  • louieontheboxlouieonthebox Join Date: 2017-04-05 Member: 229448Members
    edited April 2017
    It won't even load the main menu one day after purchase. Reinstalled, restarted, and did a hard reboot yet it still doesn't load the main menu to start the game.

edited April 2017
    I've been reading through the comments and it seems I'm getting a different error to others. The error I'm getting says: Save data loading failed (illegal rep length code) try again? Is anyone else getting this error?

P.s. still unable to upload a picture....
    I've been reading through the comments and it seems I'm getting a different error to others. The error I'm getting says: Save data loading failed (illegal rep length code) try again? Is anyone else getting this error?

Upload your picture somewhere like http://tinypic.com/ and then post the BBCode link here (the one that has [ img ] [ /img ] around it).
    edited April 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Upload your picture somewhere like http://tinypic.com/ and then post the BBCode link here (the one that has [ img ] [ /img ] around it).

Thank you for the help. I don't know why I couldn't do it before haha. Anyway here it is, sorry for poor quality.
    23lmxdy.jpg
  • jholmes033169jholmes033169 Join Date: 2017-04-07 Member: 229477Members
    Fantasic... here's the confusing thing... I have the steam/PC version of this game and I get the same error. Is the same fix and progress applicable to both platforms?
    edited April 2017
    Hi there, thank you as always for your hard work in attempting to fix the issues we address. Unfortunately for me my save still will not load. I suspect because I had a different error to what most other's was experiencing this update has not repaired it. I don't know if anyone else is getting this error but if you could take the time to look into it that would be great. Again thanks for the work you do and here's hoping for good news. 23lmxdy.jpg
  • JethiasJethias Join Date: 2017-04-16 Member: 229667Members
    Okay so do you guys have a fix for PC save/load games? I have been unable to play this game for almost 2 months on my PC because of this broken save game error. Can this get addressed please?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2017
    Jethias wrote: »
    Okay so do you guys have a fix for PC save/load games? I have been unable to play this game for almost 2 months on my PC because of this broken save game error. Can this get addressed please?

Please send us your saved game & output_log.txt to subnautica-support[at]unknownworlds.

We can only fix what we can reproduce internally, so your saved game will be helpful.
  • JethiasJethias Join Date: 2017-04-16 Member: 229667Members
    Okay, I will have to reinstall my game. So this isn't just one save that this is happening, if I start ANY new game at all it won't load any of the saves because I get the same error like the XBOX. So I haven't been able to progress or bug report at all unless I sit playing 10 hours straight to avoid re-loading. I have tried reinstalling my game a few times with the same issue happening and wiping the files. I figured you guys knew about it since XBOX was having issues. I was waiting for an update hoping there would be a fix soon. I will go ahead and play again and do as you said, hopefully it will help.