Resuming SCC testing

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
edited March 2017 in NS2 General Discussion
Howdy folks! I'm here to announce we will be resuming SCC map testing this Sunday!

For those who don't know what the SCC is, (that's "Spark Crafter Collective") we are a group that plays games on new maps for ns2, every Sunday. We haven't met for a long time, but with some exciting maps on the horizon, we felt it would be a great time to revive it.

So join us Sundays at 7pm GMT/3pm EST/12PM PST for ns2_origin, ns2_ayumi, and of course any other maps currently in development.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/KSg4gtt

Comments

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    YAY!

The spark crafter server could really use an upgrade tho, or reduced slots.
    It's really laggy, when full, and hallucinations make it even worse.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    pSyk0mAn wrote: »
    YAY!

The spark crafter server could really use an upgrade tho, or reduced slots.
    It's really laggy, when full, and hallucinations make it even worse.

So I've heard. I'm looking into solutions for this, stay tuned! :)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Okay I've talked to Ghoul, and I think we've found and fixed the issue. Please let us know if you notice any further performance issues.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are the old guys back in?

Howser, Flaterectomy, Vetinary (or so)?

Good old times with Sunday map testings.

Btw. Beige can u give me a maptester badge?
    Rammler wrote: »

Psychoman is back (maker of ns2 summit, disappeared for like 3-4 years, and is now back), Loki is... loki I guess... nobody really knows ( <3 loki ), and Flaterectomy is back too. Vetinari never left afaik.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Vetinary

For fucks sake
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Psychoman is back (maker of ns2 summit, disappeared for like 3-4 years, and is now back), Loki is... loki I guess... nobody really knows ( <3 loki ), and Flaterectomy is back too. Vetinari never left afaik.

Yes I am here, hello.
    Afaik Loki will be there. Flat reacted to the announcemnt in discord, so I guess he'll be there at least this sunday.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Yup, I'll be there. :)
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys, thanks to everyone who played with us today! Here's the video of the rounds I played today. (forgot to record round 2 of eclipse... sorry iept!)

ns2_origin, round 1:

ns2_origin, round 2:

ns2_eclipse_redux, round1:
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Great games and feedback!
    Thanks everyone!
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2017

Sure! Can you make it to the playtests on Sunday? That always helps. We try to prioritize testing maps of the people who show up.

Also, side note: you should really include the map overlay on the steam page so we can see the layout. :)
    I can try it this sunday. The map is from Home. I will tell him
  • EbichuEbichu Japan Join Date: 2014-12-09 Member: 199999Members
    Last played on full SSC server it was laggy as hell. Left as soon as possible
    Ebichu wrote: »

When was this?
  • EbichuEbichu Japan Join Date: 2014-12-09 Member: 199999Members
    edited March 2017

When was this?

It was on March 18
    I can't tell you exact time, somewhere in the morning. Maybe about 11-12AM GMT Shitty Twitch doesn't show exact records time
    Check it out

It was not from the beginning. Examples from 23:35 as Fade, from 30 minutes till the end I was playing commander.
    You can see permanent red-yellow heart and warping marines
    PS I am playing from Russia, Moscow

When was this?

It was on March 18
    I can't tell you exact time, somewhere in the morning. Maybe about 11-12AM GMT Shitty Twitch doesn't show exact records time
    Check it out

It was not from the beginning. Examples from 23:35 as Fade, from 30 minutes till the end I was playing commander.
    You can see permanent red-yellow heart and warping marines
    PS I am playing from Russia, Moscow

That was before Sunday, there was an issue on the server that I believe is fixed now. We played on Sunday and it felt fine. Please let me know if there are any more issues discovered since then.
    No way to get a Maptester badge Beige?
    No way to get a Maptester badge Beige?

Maptesting was an official UWE role, much like playtesting is now. Unfortunately it's not been active for some time.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The few, the proud, the Maptesters.
    Since @IeptBarakat hasn't made a mapping post for his map, I'll post my POVs for todays rounds here.
    ns2_eclipse_redux
    round 1

round 2

Also, we don't have a map thread for ns2_stag either!!! ( @The_Welsh_Wizard get on it!!! :) )
    ns2_stag
    round 1

round 2
    Make a stinkin' thread for your map! @IeptBarakat

Here's my POVs from today on ns2_eclipse_redux. Just one round, but I forgot to record the beginning, but managed to catch it with shadowplay... so it's in two parts.

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2017
    Here @BeigeAlert , here's your/my stinkin' thread :tongue:

Thanks for recording these as always.

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/149616/ns2-eclipse-redux
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited April 2017
    Randomly rewatching parts of that video.

"Eclipse is gonna get rushed"... man that was a great distraction. Shame we didn't win, even though Meph carried hard :D

edit: The Triad/Access Alpha/East pressure was so annoying. Our team was constantly tied up elsewhere and no one went left at all, despite me constantly calling it out. I think they are a little too accessible. Maybe the vent from East to Alpha should be removed?