So whats the deepest point you've reached?

NumacowNumacow Join Date: 2017-04-01 Member: 229340Members Posts: 1
9tp095xp41p0.png
7000km is pretty deep, slightly more than the earths radius. I think I broke something though.
0x6A7232AntoninTarkannen

Comments

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members Posts: 676 Advanced user
    The deepest point I ever reached was when I used to smoke way too much weed and I had an existential, almost psychedelic experience which made my ego crumble and I felt the most "at one" with the universe I ever have before or since.

Oh you mean in the game? About 1,500m only.
    SnailsAttackPaw
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members Posts: 359 Advanced user
    10,000m Just go to the void with the prawn.
    Nyeh heh heh
    Beanboy Delivery
    You may know me as Tipoff Giggots
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members Posts: 1,331 Advanced user
    I don't know, my PRAWN imploded about 7 minutes into my free-fall into the abyss.

:'(
  • Mr_EndarMr_Endar Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213859Members Posts: 135 Advanced user
    edited April 2017
    Given that there is no bottom, I used to assume that Subnautica planet is an ocean planet that doesn't have solid land at all - and the "land" we are on is actually floating for some reason.
    main-qimg-4b864f8041d50dd581e9896a5688bebe-c
    Like what Europa and Ganymede would be if they were in Earth orbit.

Of course that was before devs added lava zone.
    0x6A7232
  • JustAwesome360JustAwesome360 Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228670Members Posts: 9 Fully active user
    edited April 2017
    Legit Depth, in survival, deepest I've gone is to the primary containment facility, which is about 1450m, but I've explored the place around that building down to about 1550m. Unfortunately I can't go inside the building though :(.

Ps: Actually, that's the deepest I've gone period, I've never bothered going that deep in creative cuz I only wanted to go places I've never gone before in survival, it's like when someone spoils a movie for you.
  • JustAwesome360JustAwesome360 Join Date: 2017-03-06 Member: 228670Members Posts: 9 Fully active user
    Legit Depth, in survival, deepest I've gone is to the primary containment facility, which is about 1450m. Unfortunately I can't go inside the building though :(.

Ps: Actually, that's the deepest I've gone period, I've never bothered going that deep in creative cuz I only wanted to go places I've never gone before in survival. it's like when someone spoils a movie for you.

Also I've never dived into the void with a prawn suit (just cuz I never bothered trying it out), but im not counting creative mode anyways cuz I call that cheating.
  • solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members Posts: 69 Advanced user
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members Posts: 1,005 Advanced user
    I started a creative game and let my PRAWN drop for a couple hours while I did other stuff. I came back and I can't remember the exact depth (it was a lot) but it seemed to have stopped and the graphics were having a seizure.
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    0x6A7232prototype464
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members Posts: 669 Advanced user
    I came in here to comment that I once had my Exosuit clip through the ground, and I hit 12,000m before my suit went kaput. This of course happened after I went through a couple hours without saving, so I lost a lot of progress... :angry: But 7 million meters (megometers?), holy crap that's deep.

Does the game act weird that far down? I remember once my Lifepod disappeared infinitely into the horizon, and I warped progressively to try and find it. Around 10k meters horizontally the HUD and graphics start having seizures, so I was wondering if that far deep vertically causes issues.
    Like my avatar? She's Jane, she's cute and she's awesome! She comes from the webcomic Nerf NOW!! created by Jo Pereira, and you should go check it out right NOW!!
    Timelord_Fred
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 5,247 Advanced user
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    I came in here to comment that I once had my Exosuit clip through the ground, and I hit 12,000m before my suit went kaput. This of course happened after I went through a couple hours without saving, so I lost a lot of progress... :angry: But 7 million meters (megometers?), holy crap that's deep.

Does the game act weird that far down? I remember once my Lifepod disappeared infinitely into the horizon, and I warped progressively to try and find it. Around 10k meters horizontally the HUD and graphics start having seizures, so I was wondering if that far deep vertically causes issues.

It's being that far from the world center that causes issues, doesn't matter what direction.
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear | Increase Subnautica view distance | Useful info to post with error reports | Recovery of corrupted saved games | How to easily update your drivers
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with Want more frames? Try adding this to your launch options: -window-mode exclusive | Solve options not saving or black screens by deleting options file | Possible workaround for Pause / Menu Bug | Rescue a trapped Seamoth / PRAWN
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server ← swing on by! | SuspensionRailway's Modding Emporium Categorized list of mods, including 1st playthrough-friendly Hey, look, mods! ReShade mods Subnautica NexusMods
    Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
    Forum BBCode Rainbow text generator
  • PawPaw Deutschland Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232108Members Posts: 16 Advanced user
    My deepest point was in the primary containment facility, or more... In the aquarium from the sea emperor-> there is a cute little cave by almost 1600 meters.

In creative mode i enter the void with a seaglide (this is btw a totally stupid idea) and stop swimming by 12000 meters lol :D
  • cutefishleviathancutefishleviathan United States Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231975Members Posts: 35 Advanced user
    The deepest I've made is somewhere around 25,000 but then I got bored. :D
    I am, but I'm not... what is, what was, what is not... I am!!!!!!!! (0w^@) *eyes tear up* triggered!
    Paw
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members Posts: 516 Advanced user
    I did fall through the world once. Got bored at about 8,000 meters and quit. Had an amusing bug the other day, though, where I got launched into the sky. My Prawn suit was immediately destroyed, my body elongated and twisted, everything on the HUD flickering in and out of one point. I must have been going really fast, because it only took a few minutes to get 500,000 meters from my base. Good times!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    I feel like this thread title has more depth to it... The deepest point we've reached, could be some soul searching perhaps o/

I dunno, what is outside the safe shallows, that cave below the forest of kelp. I went down there for a bit...

Still not playing beyond the early sections and... Puns so intended

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

ShuttleBug
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members Posts: 238 Advanced user
    The reason subnauticas world is 'floating', is because the 'land' is actually a HUUUUGGE Reef Back.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members Posts: 1,062 Advanced user
    1dr3vb6cfsc2.png
    oh no
    You probably also know me as Terranhawk, aka, the guy who has a Starcraft name but has never touched or seen a Starcraft game in his life/
    I'm both a content and discussion's moderator of both the BZ and SN wikias

I'm the creator of this Creature Evolution Chart
    I live in the Subnautica side of the forums. IF you have seen me you probably know I suk at speling log wrods and that I'm very sarcastic and don't take things seriously unless called for

I'm called jamintheinfinite_1 because I was an idiot and made a typo on my email address for the account jamintheinfinite and I was too dumb to know how to fix it.

s̮̮͇̲̱̻͕͈̠ͪ͐̇̾͒̀͌i̖͈͚̘͈̐̀̈́̃̒̇̀͊ͧ̔̏͒ͅḿ͎͉̜̦̦͓̟̞͗̇͒ͨ̏͌̑ͨͬͬͧͭͥo̩̞̰̮̞̮̼̫̩̳̘͆ͯͣ̓̍͆ͣ̎ͫ͂ͪṅ͖̪̫̘̼̙̪̙̳̰̊̒͋͗ͪͥ̅̑ͤ̆̅ͬͥ̑ͫ ̲̳̟̰̭̖̞͓̙̘͓͔̣͇ͭͥ̂̎̋́͂̋̈́̌͐ͤͨ̀̐̂ͦi͍̫͔̟̰͖͚̫͎̞͚͌ͤ̀͗ͥ͐̂̓ͧs̭͈͙̱̹̬͓̦̝͔̘̼̤͍͎̞̥̎̅̉͛ͦ͒̇͛̎ͬͨ́̍͒̀ͦͅͅ ͙̱̖̳̻͚̳̘̯̲͚̭̟͎̩̤͔̼̩̈́ͤ̋ͪ̿͛ͤͥ̅̒̆̉̓̒̓̅̈̈́̉t̖̞͓̥̤̪̯̘͓͌ͨͮͮͅh̰̙̮̖̆ͬ̎ͫ̿̽̾͋͗̍ͪ͑̀e̳̟̭͇ͤ̃͊̀ͤ̅ͫ̅̒ ̰̗͔̟̼̺̫̲͍̯̥̼͚̦̜̯̣̇̀̅̂̋ͧͦ̊ͥͮ͛̾͐̌͆̔́̎͋ͅb͍̣̲͇͙̞̘̰̫̪̖͔̈̅̃ͬͬḙ͖̠̬͇̦̰̪̟͊̀͐̍̾̓̊s̬͍͈̲̦̥͉̦̼̥͕͍̲̝ͪͬ͆͆͛ͩ̎̓̊̐͗̿̾̊̊t̪͉̝͖̫̼̤̼̩̰ͧ̐̽̋̈́̉̏̃́

Kouji_San
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    oh no

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting