How To Prevent Save Bug?!

ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
edited March 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
I love Subnautica, but every time I play I get 1-5 hours in and it stops working so I was wondering if there was a way anyone has prevented the bug. I am not reporting the bug because I know it is already very known. I just want suggestions on how to prevent the bug from occuring in the first place. Thanks.

POSSIBLE OPTION: I may have found a method that prevents the bug. When I go to save I save 4-6 times and don't move. In another thread someone mentioned how maybe the game isn't getting all that it needs to load back in in one save so saving it multiple times will allow it to get all it needs. *insert link to post* I don't that everything said in this post is true, but this method has been working so far for me and a friend of mine who I party chat with while I play. I'm at 5 hours because I didn't do it and my save got corrupted and he's at 12ish hours.

Edit: We are now at 12 and 16 hours.

TLDR: Stay still and save 4-6 times.

Comments

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    I've been staying offline, using net only for forum
  • ThatIsaacGuyThatIsaacGuy Illinois Join Date: 2017-02-26 Member: 228314Members
    @Shotout Do you disconnect your whole xbox from internet or is there a no cloud saving option or...?
    Shotout wrote: »
    I've been staying offline, using net only for forum

• ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    I unplug the cat5 at the switch (router, I have a 1mbit switch) to xb before starting SN
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Hey, I don't know if this will work for everyone, but only my survival saves aren't working. I've been switching to creative mode and saving there. When I save in survival, the save gets hung up for awhile too. Havent had a problem loading creative mode games
    @CAPSHAW How do you switch to creative?Console commands?
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    Hey, I don't know if this will work for everyone, but only my survival saves aren't working. I've been switching to creative mode and saving there. When I save in survival, the save gets hung up for awhile too. Havent had a problem loading creative mode games

• CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Yeah just type creative in the console. Hit LB+RB+A to open that menu. I keep a wireless keyboard hooked up to the console. Save in creative. Then when you boot it back up type in survival.
    @CAPSHAW Thanks. I think my current method is working at the moment though. (See original post)
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    Yeah just type creative in the console. Hit LB+RB+A to open that menu. I keep a wireless keyboard hooked up to the console. Save in creative. Then when you boot it back up type in survival.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Bit of an update - we're going to release a small Xbox-only update in the next few days that's specifically designed to gather & display more information when a Saved game fails to load. It also includes another 'blind fix' which may/may not help.

We'll let you know once it passes Microsoft Certification and is released, but when it does please post screenshots of any errors that are displayed if it fails to load your saved game.

Thanks for your understanding and help in dealing with this issue.