Co-op

erikczerikcz czech republic Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228629Members
I know that you decided to make this game singleplayer, but imagine it again, two player, they are lost somewhere in sea and dont know what is going, they will gonna explore the creepy creatures at sea depth, or will doing some funny things like crashing submarine and other.

I know to make this game multiplayer is hard and need a lot of time and a lot of hard work, hard programming etc.
But please, talk with your developer team and ask them, do you want to make people more happy and let them enjoy this amazing game with their friends.
I hope this will be possible and if, its fine, cause this is amazing game, really. :)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Coop is still multiplayer requiring the same redesign
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Yay, at long last a topic on the subject of multiplayer: something that has not yet been discussed :D

The whole idea of the game is that you are the LONE survivor of this crash. Multiplayer would just ruin that experience. Two or more lone survivors? Nah, that wouldn't work, at least not for me.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    1hwmverfai0q.jpg

Guys! Reefbacks are falling by the dozens! Stop it!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Is this what is happening when I play the game and I see reef-backs spinning in the water and seemingly stuck on the surface and in the Safe Shallows? :o:'(
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    @Darwin-Evolution can you please show us what Cory does to people who mention multiplayer on the fourms
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @phantomfinch You don't even need to ask me XD. Just let me find this myself and I'd do it anyway

image.png

zvxcuy6tqihj.jpg

4tbge2mtb9b0.png
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    erikcz wrote: »
    I know that you decided to make this game singleplayer, but imagine it again, two player, they are lost somewhere in sea and dont know what is going, they will gonna explore the creepy creatures at sea depth, or will doing some funny things like crashing submarine and other.

I know to make this game multiplayer is hard and need a lot of time and a lot of hard work, hard programming etc.
    But please, talk with your developer team and ask them, do you want to make people more happy and let them enjoy this amazing game with their friends.
    I hope this will be possible and if, its fine, cause this is amazing game, really. :)
    @phantomfinch You don't even need to ask me XD. Just let me find this myself and I'd do it anyway

image.png

zvxcuy6tqihj.jpg

4tbge2mtb9b0.png

Oh, and, uh, welcome to the forums, @erikcz Enjoy your stay. snipe.gif xD Sorry about the rough start, it happens. Have a complementary Awesome on your first post (which would otherwise have earned a Disagree); please remember to check stickied threads next time.

• DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2017
    Chillax yo o/

I mentioned it before... We can't stop people posting about their ideas, even if it has been said it's not going to happen time and time again.

Here's what new forum goers do:

"I have this great idea, let's share it, I'm sure people like it!"
    - Search/read Stickies
    - Start a new thread
    - Aw yeah, here we go!
    - Gets raged on
    - OP either leaves forum never to return or starts raging back

Maybe just do what I did, post a short response and perhaps link em up with the stickied threads if they continue on? We're kinda creating quite a hostile looking place here, even if not intended :D I'm all for shenanigans, but I do believe we need to stop this :D

[edit]
    Especially posting pics about a dev shooting someone for bring up multiplayer... Everyone knows Cory doesn't shoot people, he runs after them Terminator style and hires them :tongue:
  • erikczerikcz czech republic Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228629Members
    guys I said I readed that about multiplayer, so wtf are you doing
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    We are telling you that thousands of people have asked for multiplayer and they said that it is NOT going to happen. So at some point this thread is going to be locked for asking the question for the millionth time.

You pressed the multiplayer button, ya shuldn't 'ave done that ;)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members

Okay see let me let you in on a secret... If you HAD read about the multiplayer thing, you probably noted that stickied thread at the top of this forum page, yes? The one that says "Coop/Multiplayer in Subnautica? I'm afraid not". The one that's right up there.

The one that in the very first post has one of the devs say that no, multiplayer and coop gameplay are not going to happen anytime soon, if at all, and gives their reasons.

So if you DID read about this, you wouldn't be saying "Well what about Coop?" because the devs have mentioned the Coop. Coop is basically multiplayer, because there are multiple players. The fact that they work with one-another rather than against one-another doesn't make a lick of difference.

If you DID read about the multiplayer thing, then you come across as basically being like this:

Poster: Hey, what about coop?
    Developers: We can't, and this is why.
    Poster: I don't think you understand, I really want it.
    Developer: But we can't, we already told you why.
    Poster: But I reaaaaaaaaaally want it!

Not saying that's your intention, but it's what you SOUND like.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    This thread has gone on for long enough.
    Time to purge it
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    I still think co-op is a good idea.

(Go ahead shoot me in the face but with a OVERWATCH gun plz)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    wowwink wrote: »
    I still think co-op is a good idea.

I think 99% of the players would say that Coop WOULD be a fun idea.

It'd also be great if we lived in Star Trek's post-need economy so that we don't have to work for money and can devote time to our interests, but I'm not going to endlessly bring it up when I know that it's not going to happen within my lifetime.
  • lonelywolflonelywolf Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204737Members
    some games are made for co op and multiplayer, but i can' see this as one, why is this a standard that everybody wants very game as multiplayer, you are a lonely survivor that means singel person and not more. so multiplayer is a big no no NO.