Tideskipper - New Vehicle

SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
The Tideskipper is a new vehicle that would act as a sort of quick form of transport.

It would look like a small speed boat, with a glass bottom and a few storage containers. You would be a be able to edit the colors and insert power cells such at a console near the front. Unlike the cyclops and seamoth, this vehicle would be very quick. It would also have tight controls.

This vehicle would be able to go much faster than the others because since there's nothing to load above the water, you wouldn't have to wait as long.

This vehicle would be useful for carrying resources around at fast speeds. At least thats the main use I could see for it, anyways. The downside to the Tideskipper is that it would not be able to go underwater.

It would have an upgrade for storage and maybe speed or energy efficiency.

You could craft it at a vehicle bay with a wiring kit, 3 titanium ingots, 2 lubricant, and 2 glass.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Actually, if you didn't have a glass bottom it could probably go faster (don't have to load any terrain, and just have the vehicle take a few seconds to slow to a stop when you want to hop out, giving the engine time to load the terrain).

Also for upgrades, some storage would be nice.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Actually, if you didn't have a glass bottom it could probably go faster (don't have to load any terrain, and just have the vehicle take a few seconds to slow to a stop when you want to hop out, giving the engine time to load the terrain).

Also for upgrades, some storage would be nice.
    Thats an interesting point with the glass bottom. Also I forgot to point out that it could go faster because theres basically nothing to load above the water, but you already said that.

I think the glass bottom could still work because you wouldnt be able to see it while you're piloting the boat.
    Anyways, I'll add in that it should have an upgrade for storage.
    edited February 2017
    I think the glass bottom could still work because you wouldnt be able to see it while you're piloting the boat.

Didn't think of that, it would be cool to be able to look below when stopped.
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    I do like this idea. Wish it was already a thing in the game. I could see many uses for this.
  • KillaHurtzKillaHurtz Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228166Members
    Love this idea! With this you could mark locations on your map and then come back real quick when you need a specific material. Another downside is, it would only be good if you needed to get to locations that were in shallow water since your ability to swim from the surface is sort of degraded unless you build pipes. On that thought, it could make the floating breather and pipes alot more useful.
  • indiebobindiebob UK Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228175Members
    edited February 2017
    Maybe make it a hovercraft? Maybe something like a cross between the sea moth and UT 2004 Manta (pic below). That way it could double up as a land transport (not that it's really needed). The manta also had a boost ability which allowed quite sizeable jumps when used correctly.

UT2004_manta.jpg
    edited February 2017
    indiebob wrote: »
    Maybe make it a hovercraft? Maybe something like a cross between the sea moth and UT 2004 Manta (pic below). That way it could double up as a land transport (not that it's really needed). The manta also had a boost ability which allowed quite sizeable jumps when used correctly.

UT2004_manta.jpg

Reminds me of the stingray from borderlands the presequal. It's interesting, but just too different from what I'm suggestion. Could definitely be implemented as a different vehicle though.
  • indiebobindiebob UK Join Date: 2017-02-23 Member: 228175Members
    Reminds me of the stingray from borderlands the presequal. It's interesting, but just too different from what I'm suggestion. Could definitely be implemented as a different vehicle though.

let's get it straight though. This vehicle predates the original borderlands by 5 years, never mind the presequel :dizzy:
  • GlassDeviantGlassDeviant Terra Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228342Members
    Just have the boat with two upgrade slots that only accept storage modules or the seamoth bug zapper.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    edited March 2017
    I made something similar called the sea mercer, maybe go check it out?

Sorry to sound arrogant, I'm not debunking you, I'm just saying I did something before, and you could extrapolate something from it
    Sigmalx wrote: »

Sorry to sound arrogant, I'm not debunking you, I'm just saying I did something before, and you could extrapolate something from it

Well, don't hold out, do you have a link to it?
    Sigmalx wrote: »

I read it, and it's pretty interesting. I just don't think that it needs to be a giant ship because theres just no need for it to be big. I still like it though.