Subnautica Discord Chatroom!

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hi all :smile:

As many of you know, we hd a public HipChat room where you can chat with devs. Unfortunately you couldn't see text history, so if you just missed some info, you'd never see it.

We're trying out a new App called 'Discord' that gives us text and voice chat!

Come join our Playtesters, some Devs and other Subnautica community members using this invite:

https://discord.gg/subnautica

Then enter your desired Online Nick here:

1y1xUIT.png

Then you'll need to click the 'Claim account' button at the top & fill out the info (which is registering your nick to you):

EW7KvKj.png

Once you claim your username, you can either continue to use your web browser of choice, or download the standalone app for Windows, Mac, iOS or Android!

Windows and Mac standalone have a really awesome DARK theme (available in settings).

Download links:

Windows App
https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win
Mac App:
https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=osx
iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-games/id985746746
Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord

Thanks for continuing to being awesome! :smiley:

Comments

• ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Stop on by. I already am using my Christmas avatar in there because I was too lazy to switch it in a few months. See? We get up to some crazy stuff that you are missing!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I like that we can talk using mics in the same chatrooms instead of requiring TS3
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    is this still used, is it worth it download and join?
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Just go to the website and try it out. No download or registration required.
  • nightcloud99nightcloud99 The Rockies, Canada Join Date: 2016-01-27 Member: 212162Members
    Sweet, already use Discord for Eve so what a bonus to have this too!
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    Hi guys, i'm back!!!

Don't think I ever would forget this game!!!
    Every Single DAY I check the site and the Trello board on how th new update is going.

Appearently I didn't check often enough :)

BECAUSE THEY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!

So much awesome new stuff, the surprises like the crabsquid!!!

Good Job DEVS!!! WOO *clap, clap, clap
  • PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    yaaaaaaaaaaay joined in just now. is there an "official" fb group? we set one up as we couldn't find one on FB but would love to be part of a more official one if we have one
  • danny2334danny2334 Join Date: 2016-11-10 Member: 223796Members
    hey devs idea for a prawn upgrade maybe since the rule "no guns" how about maybe like a knife/machete prawn arm (or heatblade) just an old idea I had while playing so if you want to add the idea go ahead but if not those both are ok.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    danny2334 wrote: »
    hey devs idea for a prawn upgrade maybe since the rule "no guns" how about maybe like a knife/machete prawn arm (or heatblade) just an old idea I had while playing so if you want to add the idea go ahead but if not those both are ok.

uuuuummmmmmmmmmmm...........No.
  • woofwoof4723woofwoof4723 New Zealand Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226992Members
    Some reason banned. Didn't get told what I was banned for. Can I be unbanned?
  • Aviator1945Aviator1945 Appleton, WI Join Date: 2017-01-02 Member: 225904Members
    I bought the Steam and XBOX 1 version to try to support any way i can. It wont work on my computer because it's outdated. I gotta say great job Devs, this is my new favorite game and i can't wait to see what's coming down the road!
  • AladortheDragonAladortheDragon Kansas Join Date: 2017-02-12 Member: 227831Members
    Hello Subnautica, I understand that it can take time, months or even longer to create large detailed structures but I do have some ideas so please hear me out! OK so to get started I think that we can all say that the submarines in the game are awesome! Others may not be so fond of them but to my perspective (and others) I think I can figure out that we would like some more vehicles, even though we have the Cyclops, Seamoth, and the Prawn Suit; but what if there were more vehicles, one's a little more interesting! So at this point I believe that you have heard of the 3 concept art submarines with the names being Manta, Draconis, and Shark <---(Not Official), so here is where this get's interesting so as you know we have the Cyclops which is not exactly made for the conditions of the Lava Biome, so since the Draconis is a very armored submarine it could serve some purpose there or even for encountering other powerful creatures such as the Sea Dragon, Sea Emperor, and even the Reaper Leviathan. http://i.imgur.com/iCszsQs.png <--- (Draconis Image Link)

Next up we have the Manta! Now if you look at the image the size looks Massive!; but in fact that is still not the biggest submarine that I am covering but we will get to that eventually! So the Manta is a very big submarine and in my perspective couldn't really be used as a usable exploring submarine, instead it could be used as a sub-base (Submarine Base), I say this because it has very large expanding sides which looks as if it could provide enough for 4 people considering that the living space is almost like a rounded out square. Now this would be a great submarine for those that can't build a base at certain depth and there main base (or other bases) are too far away so the manta could be used for an emergency base that would be big enough to provide enough living space to provide a Bedroom, Food supply room (Fish tanks and ETC), Storage room, and even possibly a room to be used for constructing! I believe that this would be a great idea since we can't always build a base but to my perspective the Manta still looks to be big enough to house the Cyclops with the Cyclops housing the Seamoth or Prawn Suit! http://i.imgur.com/S4gWnYo.png <--- (Manta Image Link)

For the third and final of my suggestions we have the one and only submarine, Shark! Now this submarine for sure looks capable enough to house the Draconis housing the Cyclops housing either the Seamoth or Prawn Suit (assuming the Draconis can house the Cyclops)! Now the shark would be great because even though if the other two submarines were to be implemented, they would still not be foreseeable to withstand the Sea Emperor. However Assuming that the Manta or Draconis can withhold the Sea Emperor it would still be a very nice submarine to have considering that you could be the king of the sea. Along with the implantation these submarines could be new technology to make them! Also another thing the Shark would be great for those who want to explore the Subnautica in deep depths that the Seamoth and Prawn Suit somehow would not be able to handle. Even though that the Shark is the biggest submarine by far it would be great for fending of those fierce Reaper Leviathans! The Shark would also be a great way to explore the depths of the Aurora or even Pre Cursor locations! Finally along with the Sharks Enormous size it could be used as a base just like the Manta except more practical for moving to locations. http://i.imgur.com/6O9Lze6.png <--- (Shark Image Link)

Anyways thanks for reading this Subnautica and I hope that you can take these submarines into consideration and possibly think of implementing them into the PC game whenever possible! I believe that it would an amazing improvement and update if these submarines were to be implemented into the game! Anyway's until then I will be watching closely for more updates to subnautica (PC)! Thank's. P.S. If you could, please send me details of any info that you think of these submarines!
  • SheNeedAManSheNeedAMan Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227894Members
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    Games broken.

you complain for an in development game. dont expect people to take kind to you. its not like several other games similar, that died in production.
  • EduPlayer05EduPlayer05 Brazil Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228045Members
    I made a GIF for the Sunbeam Shot Down event... thing... whatever!
  • TheBaneOfStalkersTheBaneOfStalkers Texas Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228451Members
    Hello Subnautica, I understand that it can take time, months or even longer to create large detailed structures but I do have some ideas so please hear me out! OK so to get started I think that we can all say that the submarines in the game are awesome! Others may not be so fond of them but to my perspective (and others) I think I can figure out that we would like some more vehicles, even though we have the Cyclops, Seamoth, and the Prawn Suit; but what if there were more vehicles, one's a little more interesting! So at this point I believe that you have heard of the 3 concept art submarines with the names being Manta, Draconis, and Shark <---(Not Official), so here is where this get's interesting so as you know we have the Cyclops which is not exactly made for the conditions of the Lava Biome, so since the Draconis is a very armored submarine it could serve some purpose there or even for encountering other powerful creatures such as the Sea Dragon, Sea Emperor, and even the Reaper Leviathan. http://i.imgur.com/iCszsQs.png <--- (Draconis Image Link)

Next up we have the Manta! Now if you look at the image the size looks Massive!; but in fact that is still not the biggest submarine that I am covering but we will get to that eventually! So the Manta is a very big submarine and in my perspective couldn't really be used as a usable exploring submarine, instead it could be used as a sub-base (Submarine Base), I say this because it has very large expanding sides which looks as if it could provide enough for 4 people considering that the living space is almost like a rounded out square. Now this would be a great submarine for those that can't build a base at certain depth and there main base (or other bases) are too far away so the manta could be used for an emergency base that would be big enough to provide enough living space to provide a Bedroom, Food supply room (Fish tanks and ETC), Storage room, and even possibly a room to be used for constructing! I believe that this would be a great idea since we can't always build a base but to my perspective the Manta still looks to be big enough to house the Cyclops with the Cyclops housing the Seamoth or Prawn Suit! http://i.imgur.com/S4gWnYo.png <--- (Manta Image Link)

For the third and final of my suggestions we have the one and only submarine, Shark! Now this submarine for sure looks capable enough to house the Draconis housing the Cyclops housing either the Seamoth or Prawn Suit (assuming the Draconis can house the Cyclops)! Now the shark would be great because even though if the other two submarines were to be implemented, they would still not be foreseeable to withstand the Sea Emperor. However Assuming that the Manta or Draconis can withhold the Sea Emperor it would still be a very nice submarine to have considering that you could be the king of the sea. Along with the implantation these submarines could be new technology to make them! Also another thing the Shark would be great for those who want to explore the Subnautica in deep depths that the Seamoth and Prawn Suit somehow would not be able to handle. Even though that the Shark is the biggest submarine by far it would be great for fending of those fierce Reaper Leviathans! The Shark would also be a great way to explore the depths of the Aurora or even Pre Cursor locations! Finally along with the Sharks Enormous size it could be used as a base just like the Manta except more practical for moving to locations. http://i.imgur.com/6O9Lze6.png <--- (Shark Image Link)

Anyways thanks for reading this Subnautica and I hope that you can take these submarines into consideration and possibly think of implementing them into the PC game whenever possible! I believe that it would an amazing improvement and update if these submarines were to be implemented into the game! Anyway's until then I will be watching closely for more updates to subnautica (PC)! Thank's. P.S. If you could, please send me details of any info that you think of these submarines!

well then cool sub ideas but those have been out there for quite some time dude, sorry to burst your bubbla
  • TheBaneOfStalkersTheBaneOfStalkers Texas Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228451Members
    danny2334 wrote: »

BOI! if we are going to fight the sea dragon leviathan we are going to need guns of some sort, the sea dragon would take several hundred diamond knives if you look at its scan log just look at it then you will understand -_-
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    But do you really need a knife/machete on the PRAWN? The arms themselves are fatality inducing; you can kill things just by jabbing at creatures with the arms.
  • BrittanyDanielleBrittanyDanielle Join Date: 2017-05-31 Member: 230846Members
    anyone else having this problem? z1609plwbi9q.png
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
    anyone else having this problem? z1609plwbi9q.png

No, but I get the sound of diving in though.
  • callbrookcallbrook Join Date: 2017-03-10 Member: 228802Members
    i am using a macbook air but when i click play for subnautica experimental it says running but then doesn't open.
    hopefully you fix this soon devs
    thanks
  • lesserdoggolesserdoggo Join Date: 2017-07-16 Member: 231860Members
  • lesserdoggolesserdoggo Join Date: 2017-07-16 Member: 231860Members
    Is there a way to change my profile
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Guys this isnt the thread for posting for help. If you need help, we have forums for that, or the chat room itself. Thanks.
  • CmdrGoodDeathCmdrGoodDeath Texas Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231928Members
    New here just started this game 2 days ago and I've already missed two days of work LOL. Great job devs! My only complaint is when strafing I get a stutter or micro stutter whatever but the game is so beautiful I can really overlook that for now. I've tried all combinations of the vsync and triple buffering through in Nvidia control panel. I did the windowed mode exclusive for the launcher on Steam in order to get those options to work for the control panel. I'm seeing a lot of people saying that the game just isn't optimized yet which is understandable. Either way great game!!!
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Hi @Obraxis :smiley: I thought i would check in, how is everything going?
  • SpleftSpleft Join Date: 2017-07-22 Member: 231969Members
    How do I make a discussion? Sorry, I am new.
  • creepjaxcreepjax michigan Join Date: 2017-10-04 Member: 233388Members
    Spleft wrote: »
    How do I make a discussion? Sorry, I am new.

same
  • kingkumakingkuma cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members
  • SKAEKSKAEK USA Join Date: 2017-12-23 Member: 234556Members
    edited December 2017
    New here, can't create topic yet.... Anyway, one thing... The pda voice tells you something along the lines of "It's common for those accustomed to synthetic food to be repulsed by eating an animal carcas, Remember that humans survived this way for milenia"... Later in a transmission from ALTERRA HQ you hear the workers ordering lunch. In particular a "HAM and cheese"..... Thoughts and explanations??