Feel the need to complain about something ingame? Do it here!

kingkumakingkuma Advanced usercancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
This is a place for people to post complaints about the game, but first, some rules.
  1. Only mention things that are INGAME - no begging the devs for new stuff.
  2. Don't repeat complaints - I don't want 10 copies of people complaining about the laser cutter.
  3. Don't complain about the game lagging. That is not the dev's problem.
  4. Please, PLEASE refrain from using bad language. You may be upset, but seriously, kids play this game.
  5. Do not mention the rock puncher. Don't do it.
  6. Please make complaints reasonable. Don't ask for stupid stuff. (i'll let you be the judge of what is stupid, but use common sense.)
You are allowed to:

Add a suggestion about how to make something better - AGAIN, it has to be ingame.

Do this: I think it would be cool if you could repair knives, I have about 3 broken thermoblades in my locker without any use.

Don't do this: %^&* DEVS ADD MORE WEAPONS AND MAKE KNIVES REUSABLE!

EVEN WORSE: ADD THE ROCK PUNCHER!!!!!!

Ok - my one suggestion for what to do with the old terrafomer model (the devs said it was "too cool" to not reuse.)

TWO WORDS. Portal gun.
I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
0x6A7232RezcaAntoninBuilderJosephSpongedogAmadeone
«1

Comments

  • kingkumakingkuma Advanced user cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
    Rezca wrote: »
    Better's subjective, but I want to see the cave systems fleshed out more. Larger, longer, interconnecting... Things worth exploring for more than just resources - and this ties in with #2... Give Gold and Diamonds some more uses. I have lockers full of both, and still come across a plethora of Basalt Chunks. That's all you'll really find in the Mountains and its caves, along with enough Uraninite to last you for a whole game or two, and the cave systems there aren't all that extensive either. I'd say have the NE Mountains caves dig deep enough to connect to an ILZ Corridor, but I don't think that's gonna happen.


    I've been long, long, looong requesting that the LED Lights and Flood Lights be allowed to draw from base power wirelessly. The former's spectacularly useless in almost every conceivable way, and most wrecks aren't dark enough to warrant needing a floodlight. Endgame biomes are bright as day with the exception of the BKZ Trench, so its not of much use there either. They're only really good for decoration, but needing to replace their batteries constantly - rechargeable or not - is a pain. And speaking of darkness...


    The Lost River, Deep Grand, and Inactive Lava regions are all way, way too bright. I wouldn't want to see them pitch black, but I'd love to see them darker. The Sea Dragon's bioluminescence is entirely wasted in the Active Lava Zone, and the Inactive Lava Zone doesn't do it any justice either.


    Seeding some 'common' resources into the Mountains would be nice. Mixing some Large Titanium Deposits, scrap metal, and such along with the Basalt and Uraninite. Even the DUNES has common resources in it, and Large Silver Deposits, to make it worth scanning over for the basics. Because of the reaper infested waters of both regions, it would be a last resort or late game harvesting, but still. Variety and all that yes? :)

    On resources.... Later resources tend to be way more common than the staples. You burn through Titanium and Quartz so rapidly, but after a few crafts you've exhausted the usefulness of Gold and Diamond. Either they need to be made rarer, or given more use.

    yeah, I get 100% of my silver from the dunes now. only place it's accually worth going to to get it.
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

    I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

    Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
    Rezca
  • RezcaRezca Advanced user United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members Posts: 1,061 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Rezca wrote: »
    Better's subjective, but I want to see the cave systems fleshed out more. Larger, longer, interconnecting... Things worth exploring for more than just resources - and this ties in with #2... Give Gold and Diamonds some more uses. I have lockers full of both, and still come across a plethora of Basalt Chunks. That's all you'll really find in the Mountains and its caves, along with enough Uraninite to last you for a whole game or two, and the cave systems there aren't all that extensive either. I'd say have the NE Mountains caves dig deep enough to connect to an ILZ Corridor, but I don't think that's gonna happen.


    I've been long, long, looong requesting that the LED Lights and Flood Lights be allowed to draw from base power wirelessly. The former's spectacularly useless in almost every conceivable way, and most wrecks aren't dark enough to warrant needing a floodlight. Endgame biomes are bright as day with the exception of the BKZ Trench, so its not of much use there either. They're only really good for decoration, but needing to replace their batteries constantly - rechargeable or not - is a pain. And speaking of darkness...


    The Lost River, Deep Grand, and Inactive Lava regions are all way, way too bright. I wouldn't want to see them pitch black, but I'd love to see them darker. The Sea Dragon's bioluminescence is entirely wasted in the Active Lava Zone, and the Inactive Lava Zone doesn't do it any justice either.


    Seeding some 'common' resources into the Mountains would be nice. Mixing some Large Titanium Deposits, scrap metal, and such along with the Basalt and Uraninite. Even the DUNES has common resources in it, and Large Silver Deposits, to make it worth scanning over for the basics. Because of the reaper infested waters of both regions, it would be a last resort or late game harvesting, but still. Variety and all that yes? :)

    On resources.... Later resources tend to be way more common than the staples. You burn through Titanium and Quartz so rapidly, but after a few crafts you've exhausted the usefulness of Gold and Diamond. Either they need to be made rarer, or given more use.

    yeah, I get 100% of my silver from the dunes now. only place it's accually worth going to to get it.

    The only other place I know of is the Northern Kelp Forests near the UW Islands and Mountain. The caves there sometimes have loads of it in a concentrated area. The Dunes is still my go-to place when I'm willing to play dodge-the-reaper or have a Prawn up and ready ^^

    It was actually a nice change of pace to see the Dunes - a deeper biome - actually sport some staples rather than what you'd usually expect from a later game location.
    A Great Jaggi under the sea~

  • kingkumakingkuma Advanced user cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
    Rezca wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Rezca wrote: »
    Better's subjective, but I want to see the cave systems fleshed out more. Larger, longer, interconnecting... Things worth exploring for more than just resources - and this ties in with #2... Give Gold and Diamonds some more uses. I have lockers full of both, and still come across a plethora of Basalt Chunks. That's all you'll really find in the Mountains and its caves, along with enough Uraninite to last you for a whole game or two, and the cave systems there aren't all that extensive either. I'd say have the NE Mountains caves dig deep enough to connect to an ILZ Corridor, but I don't think that's gonna happen.


    I've been long, long, looong requesting that the LED Lights and Flood Lights be allowed to draw from base power wirelessly. The former's spectacularly useless in almost every conceivable way, and most wrecks aren't dark enough to warrant needing a floodlight. Endgame biomes are bright as day with the exception of the BKZ Trench, so its not of much use there either. They're only really good for decoration, but needing to replace their batteries constantly - rechargeable or not - is a pain. And speaking of darkness...


    The Lost River, Deep Grand, and Inactive Lava regions are all way, way too bright. I wouldn't want to see them pitch black, but I'd love to see them darker. The Sea Dragon's bioluminescence is entirely wasted in the Active Lava Zone, and the Inactive Lava Zone doesn't do it any justice either.


    Seeding some 'common' resources into the Mountains would be nice. Mixing some Large Titanium Deposits, scrap metal, and such along with the Basalt and Uraninite. Even the DUNES has common resources in it, and Large Silver Deposits, to make it worth scanning over for the basics. Because of the reaper infested waters of both regions, it would be a last resort or late game harvesting, but still. Variety and all that yes? :)

    On resources.... Later resources tend to be way more common than the staples. You burn through Titanium and Quartz so rapidly, but after a few crafts you've exhausted the usefulness of Gold and Diamond. Either they need to be made rarer, or given more use.

    yeah, I get 100% of my silver from the dunes now. only place it's accually worth going to to get it.

    The only other place I know of is the Northern Kelp Forests near the UW Islands and Mountain. The caves there sometimes have loads of it in a concentrated area. The Dunes is still my go-to place when I'm willing to play dodge-the-reaper or have a Prawn up and ready ^^

    It was actually a nice change of pace to see the Dunes - a deeper biome - actually sport some staples rather than what you'd usually expect from a later game location.

    "Dodge - The - Reaper" - That made me smile. Sounds like some kind of incredibly dark children's game.
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

    I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

    Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
    RezcaAmadeone
  • MyrmMyrm Advanced user Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members Posts: 1,052 Advanced user
    kingkuma wrote: »
    ...[*] Don't complain about the game lagging. That is not the dev's problem.
    [*] P.
    [*]
    Of course it's the dev's problem. The devs clearly acknowledge this. Think before you post! :#
  • ClonzooClonzoo Norway Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215218Members Posts: 3
    Complain about the game. Well first of all I feel that its important to note that the game is fantastic, and with the frequent updates and such whenever I run out of stuff to do I find something new to explore/do.

    I might have a mild case of OCD, but I like things neat and organized in the seabase but as it stands now the multipurpose room sucks when building lockers. Before I was able to fit 4 on every wall, dunno if that was intended or not but that's how my "crafting area" looks. But I was about to relocate and fix my base up, but now it seems I can build 4 lockers on one wall and the rest is limited to 3 lockers. Which sucks and really grinds my gears because its not even! Also having them be a little higher so I can fit 2 rows of lockers on the walls would be great, because I cannot fit everything I want in one multipurpose room and if I have to use a ladder or make tubes sticking out of it just looks and feel so unorganized. Being able to merge them would be great, but I still have to use a ladder, but if there was a way to remove the floor when you stack them like if you stack alien containment aquariums that would solve my problem as I would be able to fit all the lockers I need so that each item have atleast on locker each with the most common items like titanium have 2 or maybe even 3.

    As it stands, we have our blueprints to follow, but in a real survival situation we would be able to make rooms wider or narrower, higher or lower. Like it would be great if we were able to make stuff bigger or smaller by a few %'s atleast, that would again solve my complaint.

    Also, when using ladders in corridors they end up being in the middle and not against the wall so you are bound to run into them, which also sucks major balls. Like who in their right mind decide to build a ladder in the middle of the hallway so he have to sneak past it everytime?

    Also, as much as I like my reefback friends I don't need them stuck in the safe shallows bumping into my base, if they were able to destory my base, the whole thing would be gone by now. How I see it I can't really imagine it being impossible to limit creatures to their own biomez, atleast when it comes to the reefback because they are clearly not made to swim around in the safe shallows. And the one I currently have as my neighbor came there on his own accord, I was in the process of building my new base when I came back to my old one to get a battery and there he was, like he spawned there. and yes, its almost in the middle of the safe shallow, I can hardly park my cyclops there.
  • kingkumakingkuma Advanced user cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
    Myrm wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    ...[*] Don't complain about the game lagging. That is not the dev's problem.
    [*] P.
    [*]
    Of course it's the dev's problem. The devs clearly acknowledge this. Think before you post! :#

    I meant if you have a crappy computer and your game lags, it's not the dev's fault.
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

    I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

    Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Advanced user Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    My kind of thread.

    The whole unoriginal, cliche Precursor concept sucks and has really ruined the game for me. The game was a thousand times better before these ridiculous and ugly Precursor structures and story lines popped up all over the place.

    The PRAWN really sucks, as a concept. And it's ugly as hell and I never want to build one because mechs are for wimps.

    The fact you're basically following an easy (but time consuming) check list from start to finish sucks.

    The complete lack of replayability sucks. I know people will disagree, but really there's nothing I can't experience in one play through, and I have no real desire to see anything more than once any more.

    The lack of challenge, the easy-to-deal-with creatures, and the fact I haven't felt scared in the game since my very first play through, really, really sucks.

    The fact I'm so burned out on Subnautica sucks most of all. But it really is a game where the first play through is the best play through.
    RezcaTenebrousNova
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Advanced user Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members Posts: 1,331 Advanced user
    My kind of thread.

    The whole unoriginal, cliche Precursor concept sucks and has really ruined the game for me. The game was a thousand times better before these ridiculous and ugly Precursor structures and story lines popped up all over the place.

    The PRAWN really sucks, as a concept. And it's ugly as hell and I never want to build one because mechs are for wimps.

    The fact you're basically following an easy (but time consuming) check list from start to finish sucks.

    The complete lack of replayability sucks. I know people will disagree, but really there's nothing I can't experience in one play through, and I have no real desire to see anything more than once any more.

    The lack of challenge, the easy-to-deal-with creatures, and the fact I haven't felt scared in the game since my very first play through, really, really sucks.

    The fact I'm so burned out on Subnautica sucks most of all. But it really is a game where the first play through is the best play through.

    Gees, don't hold back dude...
    B)
    Rezca
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 Advanced user US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 5,247 Advanced user
    My kind of thread.

    The whole unoriginal, cliche Precursor concept sucks and has really ruined the game for me. The game was a thousand times better before these ridiculous and ugly Precursor structures and story lines popped up all over the place.

    The PRAWN really sucks, as a concept. And it's ugly as hell and I never want to build one because mechs are for wimps.

    The fact you're basically following an easy (but time consuming) check list from start to finish sucks.

    The complete lack of replayability sucks. I know people will disagree, but really there's nothing I can't experience in one play through, and I have no real desire to see anything more than once any more.

    The lack of challenge, the easy-to-deal-with creatures, and the fact I haven't felt scared in the game since my very first play through, really, really sucks.

    The fact I'm so burned out on Subnautica sucks most of all. But it really is a game where the first play through is the best play through.

    68070747.jpg
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear | Increase Subnautica view distance | Useful info to post with error reports | Recovery of corrupted saved games | How to easily update your drivers
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with Want more frames? Try adding this to your launch options: -window-mode exclusive | Solve options not saving or black screens by deleting options file | Possible workaround for Pause / Menu Bug | Rescue a trapped Seamoth / PRAWN
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server ← swing on by! | SuspensionRailway's Modding Emporium Categorized list of mods, including 1st playthrough-friendly Hey, look, mods! ReShade mods Subnautica NexusMods
    Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
    Forum BBCode Rainbow text generator
    Sigmalx
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Advanced user Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members Posts: 676 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    Well, he asked.
    xc26axouawlk.jpg
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,780 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    ...[*] Don't complain about the game lagging. That is not the dev's problem.
    [*] P.
    [*]
    Of course it's the dev's problem. The devs clearly acknowledge this. Think before you post! :#

    I meant if you have a crappy computer and your game lags, it's not the dev's fault.

    Except ever these so called uberrigs will run into trouble anyway after a while :tongue:


    #bettergarbagecolletors

    Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" 

    Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly

    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue | 102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting

  • kingkumakingkuma Advanced user cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    ...[*] Don't complain about the game lagging. That is not the dev's problem.
    [*] P.
    [*]
    Of course it's the dev's problem. The devs clearly acknowledge this. Think before you post! :#

    I meant if you have a crappy computer and your game lags, it's not the dev's fault.

    Except ever these so called uberrigs will run into trouble anyway after a while :tongue:


    #bettergarbagecolletors

    eventually, yes.
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

    I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

    Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Advanced user Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members Posts: 256 Advanced user
    edited February 2017
    Personally, I wish the game had more customization. Aside from coloring the vehicles, everything else is cut and dry. I feel upgrades are nice, but most of them I don't even use because half of the upgrade panel is used for depth and impact resistance/power efficiency. Being able to upgrade these further would be a nice addition in my opinion.
    subsig.jpg
    Rezca0x6A7232
  • RezcaRezca Advanced user United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members Posts: 1,061 Advanced user
    My kind of thread.

    The whole unoriginal, cliche Precursor concept sucks and has really ruined the game for me. The game was a thousand times better before these ridiculous and ugly Precursor structures and story lines popped up all over the place.

    The PRAWN really sucks, as a concept. And it's ugly as hell and I never want to build one because mechs are for wimps.

    The fact you're basically following an easy (but time consuming) check list from start to finish sucks.

    The complete lack of replayability sucks. I know people will disagree, but really there's nothing I can't experience in one play through, and I have no real desire to see anything more than once any more.

    The lack of challenge, the easy-to-deal-with creatures, and the fact I haven't felt scared in the game since my very first play through, really, really sucks.

    The fact I'm so burned out on Subnautica sucks most of all. But it really is a game where the first play through is the best play through.

    The only one I honestly disagree with is the Replayability part. I can't stop starting up a new save and doing it all over again every single time xD

    The checklist thing and lack of a challenge is def a complaint I strongly share though. When the immediate start of the game is the only real challenge, and the game gets exponentially easier as time goes by, is a bit of a let down.

    The Lava Zones are endgame biomes, yet I feel safer there than I do in the Dunes, the Mountains, and sometimes even kinda feel just like its a cavern version of the Grassy Plateus. Sure, it's "superhot" (one damage every what, seven seconds?) and it's got a leviathan in it (That spends more time ignoring you and attacking other fauna than anything), Warpers (And they're definitely terrifying when they're not busy wandering on a predefined patrol path then vanishing) Lava Lizards (fiery sandsharks)..... But it just doesn't feel like a very threatening or dangerous place.
    A Great Jaggi under the sea~

    TenebrousNova0x6A7232Morph_Guy
  • rolandtigerfishrolandtigerfish Advanced user Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227248Members Posts: 28 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    Myrm wrote: »
    kingkuma wrote: »
    ...[*] Don't complain about the game lagging. That is not the dev's problem.
    [*] P.
    [*]
    Of course it's the dev's problem. The devs clearly acknowledge this. Think before you post! :#

    I meant if you have a crappy computer and your game lags, it's not the dev's fault.

    Except ever these so called uberrigs will run into trouble anyway after a while :tongue:


    #bettergarbagecolletors

    Yup lag fest on my rig
    AMD 9590
    ASRock extreme 9 mother board
    32gb Corsair dominator
    XFX R280 card
    2tb Samsung SSD

    Still can't enter the mushroom forest with out walking it in the prawn.
  • RezcaRezca Advanced user United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members Posts: 1,061 Advanced user
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    Personally, I wish the game had more customization. Aside from coloring the vehicles, everything else is cut and dry. I feel upgrades are nice, but most of them I don't even use because half of the upgrade panel is used for depth and impact resistance/power efficiency. Being able to upgrade these further would be a nice addition in my opinion.

    I wish the Gravsphere had an upgrade. Maybe have it stasis things that get too close, or actually pull things in towards it rather than simply keeping it from straying too far, or at least slowing things down that it snares. Also I've noticed that it doesn't actually snare new things that approach after its deployed. I had peepers swim up to and past it just fine - only the ones that were within range at deployment seemed to be snared?


    I'd also like to add a note to my List after re-reading my comment earlier. When a Gasopod bomb damages you a thousand times faster than superheated volcanic water - while unprotected I must add - then there's a bit of a problem with that endgame biome the developers really feel like limiting access to right now. The Brine Pools in the Lost River at least damage you pretty harshly if you step into them (The freezing water, will that ever affect anything?) but the boiling hot water damages far too slowly for it to really be considered a threat of any kind.
    A Great Jaggi under the sea~

    Morph_Guyej1737
  • FluffersFluffers Advanced user United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members Posts: 188 Advanced user
    Batteries die way too fast. Or tools up way too much energy. Either way.
    ej1737
  • SheNeedAManSheNeedAMan Fully active user Join Date: 2017-02-13 Member: 227894Members Posts: 13 Fully active user
    Game needs to be more stable, constant crashes and pop ins are annoying and kills 15-40 minutes of work in this game. The game also needs an in-game map that the player charts out while you explore areas or something along that line. Getting real tired of having to alt tab just to look at a map. Would be nice to have more suit options too, just 3 suits a few fins and like 1 pair of gloves (from what i've seen at least) makes the game feel like after a while you just dont need to worry about getting gear. Make the building system more ocd friendly, hate having an 8th of my base not sit on the foundations triggers me. Running on surface is also annoying at night, since you lower your tool and cant see anything, in my case its the flash light. make resources more useful and not outdate them immediately would also be nice (never picked up salt deposits and lead after making the suit and repair tool, except to make preserved fish). A better way to actually kill small creatures from a safe distance would also be nice, getting tired of cave thingies getting a good hit off of me. Having more then just 1 docking bay on the cyclops. Having a docking bay for the cyclops. Having a docking bay for both the seamoth and the prawn suit for your base (dont mind what they have now, just annoying to have to swap out the vehicles when i come back to base). Having the ability to turn the moonpool and the mobile vehicle bay (they only face a set way for me, i've tried everything). Not have everything hostile try to kill you on sight. Most of my complaints are just quality of life complaints but they would make the game that much more enjoyable.
  • FluffersFluffers Advanced user United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members Posts: 188 Advanced user
    Getting real tired of having to alt tab just to look at a map.

    I think most people just swim around until they have a feel for the environment. I've never used a map, I've just explored enough that there are several landmarks that I recognize that I use to figure out where I'm at.

    If I'm in the safe shallows and I hear a loud thermal vent, I know I'm near my usual base location.
    Rezcaej1737
  • SigmalxSigmalx Advanced user USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members Posts: 493 Advanced user
    something pissing me off about subnautica...







    GOD DAMN THE AIRLOCK DOOR FAILING TO OPEN AFTER RELOAD... bulkheads please, how many times do the devs have to fix you?
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Advanced user Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members Posts: 676 Advanced user
    Getting real tired of having to alt tab just to look at a map.

    Save the map in your screenshots folder, then you can access it from the PDA in game or even put it in a picture frame.
    Casual_Playerej1737
  • FluffersFluffers Advanced user United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members Posts: 188 Advanced user
    Getting real tired of having to alt tab just to look at a map.

    Save the map in your screenshots folder, then you can access it from the PDA in game or even put it in a picture frame.

    That's actually a genius workaround. Consider it like the player digging around in the aurora PDA files to find a rudimentary mapping of the region and saving it to his personal PDA.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Advanced user Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members Posts: 676 Advanced user
    Fluffers wrote: »
    Getting real tired of having to alt tab just to look at a map.

    Save the map in your screenshots folder, then you can access it from the PDA in game or even put it in a picture frame.

    That's actually a genius workaround. Consider it like the player digging around in the aurora PDA files to find a rudimentary mapping of the region and saving it to his personal PDA.

    Yep. You might have to resize the map (you did on one build, then you didn't after an update, not sure anymore) but it's nice.
    I always used to put the map by my base exits so I could have a little recon before I left on a resource run.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Advanced user Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members Posts: 256 Advanced user
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a nice little trick to adding custom artwork to your game. I have several portraits around my base and cyclops of different artwork. As long as it's a .jpg file it will work (resizing recommended).
    subsig.jpg
  • kingkumakingkuma Advanced user cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a nice little trick to adding custom artwork to your game. I have several portraits around my base and cyclops of different artwork. As long as it's a .jpg file it will work (resizing recommended).

    I've seen some custom art in the seabase showcase - I'm working on taking screenshots of the PDAs and making a library.
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

    I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

    Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
  • kingkumakingkuma Advanced user cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress Join Date: 2015-09-25 Member: 208137Members Posts: 825 Advanced user
    edited April 2017
    After you beat the game, there should be 2 new gamemodes:

    Lifepod mode: You can start in any of the abandoned lifepods, and you have to survive from there. Some, like number 7(bloodgrass) or 6(safe shallows), are easy, while numbers 4(crash zone) and 2(blood kelp) are harder. This would add the ability to make the start of the game easier/ harder.
    Carar mode: You have carar, and you only survive for 4 weeks before you die. This is only available after you beat the game to avoid spoilers.
    Post edited by kingkuma on
    I am Kingkuma, Leader of the PH/SP , Slayer of Cuddlefish, Conspiracy theorist , Humanizer of warpers , Shifter of sands , Creator of Fanart , Enemy of Crabsquids , Hater of Lava Larvae , Winner of the great stalker bar brawl of 2017 , Creator of flowcharts , Killer of time , Romancer of warpers ,and head designer for the ALTERRA 5th airborne division.

    I have a webcomic. It involves Tsundere Nereids, Canadians, magic, girls wielding crossbows, and possibly Scott Pilgrim. It updates every Wednesday at 4 pm EST. Check it out. (No, please, check it out.)

    Also: Stop hating on the warpers. They have feelings too, ya'know.
    ej1737Syntactical01
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Advanced user Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members Posts: 256 Advanced user
    @kingkuma

    I might take some time and make some Subnautica / Ocean related images for people to use. I already have started a collection myself. :D
    subsig.jpg
    ej1737
  • Pyromaniac2k17Pyromaniac2k17 Fully active user United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-03-15 Member: 239097Members Posts: 1 Fully active user
    I am sick of loading this game on Xbox one and no islands are spawned in the map is identical every where I go it's getting rarther annoying sort it out!!!!
    ej1737
  • 04pov1804pov18 Freshly registered user Россия Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247809Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Hi. Very strange things happen to the game. It took place during the 1.0 release. Passed without problems and with pleasure. Now installed version 61680, I'm terrified of what is happening with the game. 3 times and started over again, and every time something incomprehensible. 1 time in the game was missing the drawings for the collector of transport. Already almost fully assembled Cyclops, and the collector is not a single piece. 2 times complete lack of resources, all biomes are empty. 3 times almost all the drawings are in place, except the drawings of the beacons, but the resources are only under the rescue capsule. The red biome is empty, the floating island is empty, the mushroom forest is empty and was not any way a "Stalker". 4 hours of play no online. All the rocks and walls are bare. I've played the game before, I'm good at it. There is something with spawna objects in the game, some just do not exist.
Sign In or Register to comment.