Plot hole mayhaps?

LordSingulothLordSinguloth Join Date: 2017-01-19 Member: 226955Members
If the carar is a waterborne bacteria
Why in the f*ck were the precursors studying it on a planet composed of entirely water instead of on a spaceship that could be sealed or at the very least destroyed rather easily ?

It just doesn't really make sense

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Now that I think about it...

I don't think it was actually waterborne :(

It infected the water supply when the Secondary Research Facility went kaput and I've always just assumed it was waterborne... Oops, maybe? Maybe it is waterborne, and maybe the Precursors are big Dumbos, but I don't really know.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited February 2017
    Because it's easier to land on a planet then transport one of every species to a spaceship the contains every biome to the exact temperature and pressure the creature can live in.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Well, actually, I've had a while to think and I've come to a rather simple conclusion.

If it was a waterborne disease, surely it would benefit studies to have them situated on an ocean planet, no? I don't know, that's the best I could come up with
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    I agree with Phantomfinch. A water covered planet that supports life would be a great research benefit. The depth of the water changes temperature rather drastically, as well as any natural resistances the local fauna/flora may show.
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    I believe that the point of bringing the Carar to the planet was to study the Sea Emperors, which had the potential to cure the Carar. Being such a massive being, I doubt they were seeking to move it off-world.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    That and maybe the Precursors were water creatures? Who knows? They might have had to have suits to move around above water, or maybe they could only do so for short periods, like mud skippers.
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    That and maybe the Precursors were water creatures? Who knows? They might have had to have suits to move around above water, or maybe they could only do so for short periods, like mud skippers.

I doubt they were water creatures, Simply because if they were, Why would the insides of their bases be filled with air?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I doubt they were water creatures, Simply because if they were, Why would the insides of their bases be filled with air?

Heh, ignore me, I'm a derp.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    Well, were 60% water. By technicality we are water creatures. Now that's derpy.