Co-Op (DONT BITE MY HEAD OFF! THIS IS A NEW IDEA! I THINK!)

Precursor0017Precursor0017 america Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227739Members
Lifepod 5 Has 2 seats. 2 player co-op would fit in perfectly, Like as a DLC.

Comments

• fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    just make it so second player has to build and doesnt come to the other player with items they had on there game so its not as hard to add a multiplayer cause u wont have to code for item carry overs.
  • fallennight1986fallennight1986 texas Join Date: 2016-12-21 Member: 225320Members
    maybe it could be a future dlc idea for after you beat the game just as a play for fun and exploration instead of in the main story line.
    would be cool subnautica part 2 were the carar reachs earth and u as the surviver from part 1 must return to the planet to create the cure but its been several years sence u were there and some new creatures are there from carar mutation or something. that would be awsome. hope they see this idea.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    I politely disagree, Night. Going to Earth sounds like a horrible idea for a sequel. I didn't pick up Subnautica for our own Earth oceans, I picked up for a cool alien ocean.
    no im saying u leave earth and go back to the alien planet to make a cure for the carar but its harder then before cause most creatures on it mutated because of the carar and are very agressive.
    Except-
    The main game will apparently end with you curing the Carar by saving the Sea Emperor and its hatchlings

Now if I had to pitch a plot for Subnautica 2?

"We read a report an Alterra employee made about how they survived on this planet and discovered technology from an ancient civilization there. We want to do a more thorough mapping of it, so we're sending you in with a survey team Scan the locations, investigate new biomes, and this time you'll have backup!"

Right there in that premise we have -
    • A reason to go back
    • An excuse to hop on a jump shutter and check out biomes that don't make sense to be so close to a tropical zone
    • Justification for coop that will probably be included
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Agreed; Alterra would want to be the first to get their hands on the alien tech. Especially with that planetary defense weapon.
    ok but i still say its at least a year after the survivor left thge alien planet and in that time the carar has mutated several creatures into scary and extremely agressive monsters.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited February 2017
    ok but i still say its at least a year after the survivor left thge alien planet and in that time the carar has mutated several creatures into scary and extremely agressive monsters.

The virus doesn't mutate them, it kills them.
    And besides, at the ending segment of the game you find a cure for it finally.
    dunno then going into prt 2 with no new monsters isnt really all that apealing guess maybe an alien ship crashed there with new bigger and more dangeriouse creatures in it that got loose when it crashed also then giving reason for different items and vehicals and these new creatures kill all off ur team but u and 1 other but make coop a must bth of the 2 have certain thing they can only do ones a vehical desiner and can make unique vehicals other is a weapons desiner makes unque none lethal weapons thanks to limited familiar materials and the ship that brought u left and wont come back for a set amount of time forcing survival as for communications the tech was 1 of ur team that never came back.
    Rezca wrote: »

u only cure urself thhough witch is why i had origonaly said u go back cause earth or a human coloney needs the cure cause a meteor or small ship crashed with a carar desiesed body.
    edited February 2017
    u only cure urself thhough witch is why i had origonaly said u go back cause earth or a human coloney needs the cure cause a meteor or small ship crashed with a carar desiesed body.
    Except you release several hatchlings of the Sea Emperor, which produce an enzyme that destroys the Carar, to distribute it around the world

Also, if you put in "[ spoiler ] Story spoilers here [ /spoiler ]" without the spaces then you'll hide the story spoilers.
    dunno then going into prt 2 with no new monsters isnt really all that apealing

Yes because one small stretch of sea on EARTH will show you literally EVERY creature in the world.

Seriously, we're still discovering creatures in Earth's oceans right now. They could introduce all kinds of other creatures in a theoretical Subnautica 2 and say "They live in different areas on this planet" and it'd make perfect sense.

Edit: Also, I don't want Scary Cancer Mutants for the next game. I like Subnautica because these are animals, not things from Resident Evil.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    But the DLC idea is kinda bad considering you can only play with people who bought the DLC. Multiplayer is never going to be in the game according to flayra. Sorry to bust your bubble.
  • Precursor0017Precursor0017 america Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227739Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    But the DLC idea is kinda bad considering you can only play with people who bought the DLC. Multiplayer is never going to be in the game according to flayra. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Not if it's a free DLC xD
  • ollie2122ollie2122 england Join Date: 2018-02-26 Member: 238344Members
    maybe it could be a future dlc idea for after you beat the game just as a play for fun and exploration instead of in the main story line.

maybe a dlc but why cant it just be in the game anyways i mean playing with another person in the game would be fun right who else wants another person in the game with us.
    i think that will be better free dlc pack also sounds good
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited February 2018
    MULTIPLAYER THREAD NECRO

someone bite their head off

Inb4 thread close
  • coolbittripcoolbittrip why Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238421Members
    subnautica should have co-op because games are more fun with co-op
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    subnautica should have co-op because games are more fun with co-op

Subnautica should have a boat with fishing gear, but do you see me chilin' on the surface in my boat, fishing?
  • HipqoHipqo Danmark Join Date: 2018-02-06 Member: 236996Members
    edited February 2018
    Rezca wrote: »

Theres some nice theories that connect Subnautica with Natural Selection's story and background. I think a "Subnautica 2", going back to planet 4546B, would be an excellent chance of combining the background story of the games Unknown Worlds have made! Take that chance dammit, add more story and make it co-op, please!
    Watch this:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2018
    I guess that bitey fish that gets into your mind telling you to give it a hug, maybe this was the origin of the Hive Mind?

"The Hive Mind's Origin" sounds like a neat name for a game :D
  • BlinkBlankBlinkBlank Join Date: 2018-02-28 Member: 238436Members
    There is a mod being made that would implement Multiplayer in the game, called Nitrox but it's not out yet
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited February 2018
    Subnautica and Natural Selection taking placing in the same universe isn't a theory. It's a fact, unless you are using the definition of theory scientist use, but I'm going to ignore that since scientist suck at naming things.

But in general, the devs have said them selfs Subnautica is a prequel to Natural Selection 1 & 2.
    BlinkBlank wrote: »
    There is a mod being made that would implement Multiplayer in the game, called Nitrox but it's not out yet

ye this would be cool but the devs them selfs said it would be too much to run the game with and all it would do is crash if you had at least 3 players so i doubt there gonna let this mod be installed to subnautica. i would never install it it could currupt all ur subnautica data.
  • thehaveilathonthehaveilathon Join Date: 2018-03-01 Member: 238475Members
    Add in a mini space ship shoot down story with up to 2 4 seated life pods