Ion Generator

Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
edited January 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
A quick Suggestion!
There should be a Way to make Ion Cyrstals, Then There should be a Ion Generator that you "the player" could build in your base for power, it would consume Ion Cyrstals or something made from them!

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    I think eventually they're going to put in Large Resource Nodes so that the PRAWN can mine Ion Crystals en-mass.
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    edited January 2017
    The prawn drill arm I know can mine large ion chunks like in the precursor thermal reactor, but how cool would a ion reactor be
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    edited January 2017
    My good sir, it seems as though this most recent update has a blueprint for ion crystals and ion power cells (according to the trailer) so you're worries may be solved!
  • Gunbone_CLGunbone_CL Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-09-15 Member: 222348Members
    The blueprint is for Ion Batteries and Ion powercells, this idea is for An Ion Generator
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Gunbone_CL wrote: »
    The blueprint is for Ion Batteries and Ion powercells, this idea is for An Ion Generator

What's wrong with a biological reactor, thermal reactor or nuclear reactor. The reasorces are much more abundant and there are about 30 ion crystals in the entire map. It's like using dimoands im a coal fire, it's impractical and too expensive.
    Thats why I said there should be an easy way to make Ion Crystals or something similar, something that produces an extreme amount of power for a base
    That may be deemed over powered if ion crystals are both easy to get and produce a lot of power...all of the generators have trade offs, and I'll list them:
    Bioreactors produce energy slowly but it's easy to power them
    Nuclear reactors don't have unlimited energy and you may need to go on trips for uranite to keep them powered (but they do make a lot of power)
    Thermal plants are location specific so it limits where you can set up shop or it costs a lot of gold in power transmitters
    Even solar panels have the trade off of low power production and rapidly dropping productivity, although they are cheap and invaluable in the early game

This ion generator would be from a balance perspective very hard to swallow unless ion crystals were either really hard to come by or craft or if the power produced wasn't very much...or the generator was really expensive/large and unwieldy or even if the generator had some other type of hazardous condition it would inflict on the character.
    I never Said ion crystals had to be easy to get.

Honestly, I just want to see another base power generator, they are cool
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Stand by, Ion Control.
    I must have been mistaken then! I agree that all of the generators are really cool, and I would love to come up with even more cool ways to produce power! For the ion generator, I personally would be nervous to build one if I didn't have a decent supply of crystals but to each his own :wink:
  • IcremunIcremun Join Date: 2016-09-12 Member: 222276Members
    edited February 2017
    I would love a way to make ion crystals so there can be more advanced recipes that use them.

But an ion generator defies what we know about them. They are a power storage method they are not 'used up' when they are drained. So basically they are advanced batteries.
    I think if you scan the thermal gen in the Lava Castle that you could get a schematic to make a mini thermal reactor using the power off Ion Crystals by extracting their power
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think if you scan the thermal gen in the Lava Castle that you could get a schematic to make a mini thermal reactor using the power off Ion Crystals by extracting their power

It's either powered by thermal or ion. If it's powered by ion, it's not thermal.
    edited February 2017
    Oh, sorry if I got that across wrong, I meant it like if you scanned it, you might be able to get a blueprint for an Alien Generator like the thermal, using the power of Ion

Sorry for the confusion!
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    1111.jpg
    Good lord man, just make one thread for all your ideas and update it with new ones...
    edited February 2017
    Not as fun =D

Seriously. Most of your ideas are a sentence or two (not that they're bad ideas, necessarily), and those could be condensed into one thread instead of taking up a third of the page. I think many would agree that making a "Gunbone's Ideas" thread would've been better then flooding the Ideas section with 18 threads in 5 days.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    but its funner XD

Okay, dude, I want to preface this by saying that it's always good to have more ideas from such a passionate fan...

But filling the page with what averages out to be multiple threads in one day really isn't funny.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    1111.jpg
    Good lord man, just make one thread for all your ideas and update it with new ones...

You think that's bad? Just go into the General Discussion archive and go to pages 121-126.

That's when you know someone has a problem.
    edited February 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    1111.jpg

You think that's bad? Just go into the General Discussion archive and go to pages 121-126.

That's when you know someone has a problem.

Seeing that physically hurt. I just died a little inside...