Infinite Mode

eLIR18eLIR18 Turkey Join Date: 2015-08-17 Member: 207214Members
In this mode there are no wrecks and precursor buildings. You just magically find yourself in the planet with your life pod. More you play more blueprints you get. There is no objective you just keep playing.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    You can pretty much do that already by simply ignoring the story? A couple of blueprints will be out of reach then, but you can console-command them in.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    What would be the point of this mode when creative mode is already boring.
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    edited January 2017
    I wonder if this could be improved by making everything harder. Imagine you're in lifepod 6, or another of the lifepods that didn't land in the safe shallows. You are without fins or oxygen tanks, struggling against predators right off the bat, and you have to survive for 10 minutes to unlock the seaglide blueprint, another 10 for the mobile vehicle bay, another 10 for multipurpose room, etc. I think this would be a way to test any expert's abilities, since once you know the game it's pretty easy to pick and choose what blueprints are acquired and when. This being said, I think making some sort of exploration based or skill based objective would keep players motivated, as many people prefer a goal over playing "for the sake of playing".
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Shifter6 wrote: »
    I wonder if this could be improved by making everything harder. Imagine you're in lifepod 6, or another of the lifepods that didn't land in the safe shallows. You are without fins or oxygen tanks, struggling against predators right off the bat, and you have to survive for 10 minutes to unlock the seaglide blueprint, another 10 for the mobile vehicle bay, another 10 for multipurpose room, etc. I think this would be a way to test any expert's abilities, since once you know the game it's pretty easy to pick and choose what blueprints are acquired and when. This being said, I think making some sort of exploration based or skill based objective would keep players motivated, as many people prefer a goal over playing "for the sake of playing".

Sounds like a good mod even if not implemented officially at some point.