multiplayer

lighteningwolflighteningwolf Join Date: 2017-01-29 Member: 227403Members
i think you should make it multiplayer up to 4 players online instead of making more maps i love the game but it is boring without someone to play with

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    No. (Making more maps???)
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    One of the devs said there will be no multiplayer. TRIGGERED
  • lighteningwolflighteningwolf Join Date: 2017-01-29 Member: 227403Members
    thank on how moch more fun it would be to play the game with a friend and if it was multiplayer a lot more people would buy the game like i said before it is not as fun to play now it was at first but now it isn't if it had multiplayer it would be alot more fun to play and not so boring
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Just hit the flag option on the persons post and report the thread to a mod and ask for this to be locked.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    thank on how moch more fun it would be to play the game with a friend and if it was multiplayer a lot more people would buy the game like i said before it is not as fun to play now it was at first but now it isn't if it had multiplayer it would be alot more fun to play and not so boring

If we'd consider SN boring as it is, do you think we would be here on this forum?
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    How many times does this have to happen before people understand?
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2017
    How many times does this have to happen before people understand?

Sadly there will always be people who blindly post these kind of threads instead of searching around and reading. Plain and simple they're lazy.

Ran into this issue far to many times as a forum moderator and a forum admin, ppl were just too lazy to read the last post in a thread and when it was posted thus posting in a thread that was over a year old and doing thread necromancy. Same with people requesting or looking for something instead of using the forums search bar they instead post a new thread and cluttering up the forum board.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    There are three topics that trolls will regularly make threads about: Multiplayer, no guns and terraforming.
    They're basically potty trained for that.
    i guess you all don't have friends i have 200,000 friends that said they would play the game if they offered multiplayer as an option u know that most of the world's games are multiplayer and if they never make the game multiplayer there will be a lot less people playing. me and all my friends for starters.
    Minecraft would not be as popular if it wasn't multiplayer if the dev on Minecraft can make it multiplayer and single player wy can't subnautica dev
    It amazes me how shallow and one dimensional most people are.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    You would know...
    You're friends with 200, 000 of them.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    i guess you all don't have friends i have 200,000 friends that said they would play the game if they offered multiplayer as an option u know that most of the world's games are multiplayer and if they never make the game multiplayer there will be a lot less people playing. me and all my friends for starters.
    Minecraft would not be as popular if it wasn't multiplayer if the dev on Minecraft can make it multiplayer and single player wy can't subnautica dev

They have stated that they will NOT add it, they have said why they won't, and they were pretty nice about it. It's not nearly as simple as "this guy did it why can't you?". You don't make the game, you don't have any idea how hards it might be. We're not shallow, we just listened to the devs.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited January 2017

Great games without multiplayer

Undertail (debatable)
    3 out of 4 bioshock games.
    Almost the entire horror genre
    Half life series (death match doesn't count as that has nothing to do with he main narrative)
    First portal game
    All Nintendo games excluding splatoon, Pokemon and the coop Zelda games
    First 3 doom games.
    System shock.
    Hitman series
    The good star wars battlefront games (1 and 2)
    Almost all Sid mires civ games
    Tetris
    Classic pong
    Packman
    Mega man series.
    The original xcom.

Now please look at the GODAMM "FLOATER ATTACHED THREADS" before you make another uneducated troll post that makes me mad.

@Foxy please close this thread sempai.

*edit* just realised the guys serious as he just disliked anyone who didn't agree with him, no troll would do that.
  • x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members
    Unlike the rest who get butt-hurt simply because you didn't read a post, the answer is no. They wanted the game to be Multiplayer, but with everything they have added, they would need to re-write the entire game. They have however stated that if they remake a new game they will be adding multiplayer.

I agree with you, Subnautica is not nearly as much fun as a private world in which to explore with friends. Everyone has their own opinions and thats fine. Subnautica is still a great game and like many others, will be successful with or without multiplayer.
  • x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members

Because thats the way they wanted it from the start. Subnautica was not coded like that from the start. This isn't Minecraft, nor is it coded on Java. You can't just go copy some code and start a server. Real work goes into this unlike Minecraft which honestly can be worked on by any script kiddy with internet. These are two very different gaming engine and code. So to compare them is to compare a Peeper to a Reaper Leviathan.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I like how we mention multiple times that the devs won't add multiplayer let this kid says we have no friends and says he are dimwitted.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    edited January 2017
    Well I, for one, think its about time someone brought this up...
    I'm not a
    I like how we mention multiple times that the devs won't add multiplayer let this kid says we have no friends and says he are dimwitted.

I'm not a kid i am 28 years old how r kid
    i now games and programing i spent most of my life on how to do it I was trying to say financially wold be better if they did u kids need to stop thinking inside of the box and think wait other people would like there's a lot of people who would buy the game if it was multiplayer up to 4 players is not hard to program in
    x0Z3ro0x wrote: »
    Unlike the rest who get butt-hurt simply because you didn't read a post, the answer is no. They wanted the game to be Multiplayer, but with everything they have added, they would need to re-write the entire game. They have however stated that if they remake a new game they will be adding multiplayer.

I agree with you, Subnautica is not nearly as much fun as a private world in which to explore with friends. Everyone has their own opinions and thats fine. Subnautica is still a great game and like many others, will be successful with or without multiplayer.

and theme games have nothing to do with SN SN is more like ark wer u can make a base and explore the map multiplayer is wat the game is missing

Undertail (debatable)
    Half life series (death match doesn't count as that has nothing to do with he main narrative)
    First portal game
    First 3 doom games.
    System shock.
    Hitman series
    Tetris
    Classic pong
    Packman
    Mega man series.
    The original xcom.

Now please look at the GODAMM "FLOATER ATTACHED THREADS" before you make another uneducated troll post that makes me mad.

@Foxy please close this thread sempai.

*edit* just realised the guys serious as he just disliked anyone who didn't agree with him, no troll would do that.

these games
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Undertail (debatable)
    First portal game
    First 3 doom games.
    System shock.
    Hitman series
    Tetris
    Classic pong
    Packman
    Mega man series.
    The original xcom.

A good way to illustrate this is with Titanfall because that one's a special case. Remember the first Titanfall game only had multiplayer? That was something that a lot of people actually hated cause they wanted a singleplayer campaign, which is particularly understandable for people who live in places with bad internet. Now with Titanfall 2, although the campaign is a bit short, it is there, and a lot of people love it, including the multiplayer mode.

Also, Imma just leave these here...
    czryanihxkmk.jpg
    7fmf3rukldxm.jpg
    Undertail (debatable)
    First portal game
    First 3 doom games.
    System shock.
    Hitman series
    Tetris
    Classic pong
    Packman
    Mega man series.
    The original xcom.

A good way to illustrate this is with Titanfall because that one's a special case. Remember the first Titanfall game only had multiplayer? That was something that a lot of people actually hated cause they wanted a singleplayer campaign, which is particularly understandable for people who live in places with bad internet. Now with Titanfall 2, although the campaign is a bit short, it is there, and a lot of people love it, including the multiplayer mode.

czryanihxkmk.jpg
    7fmf3rukldxm.jpg

want you fell to see is i said it should be bouth they don't have to re write the game all they have to do is make a multiplayer side of the same game not theat hard
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    Undertail (debatable)
    First portal game
    First 3 doom games.
    System shock.
    Hitman series
    Tetris
    Classic pong
    Packman
    Mega man series.
    The original xcom.

czryanihxkmk.jpg
    7fmf3rukldxm.jpg

want you fell to see is i said it should be bouth they don't have to re write the game all they have to do is make a multiplayer side of the same game not theat hard

Please 2 post a list of games you have worked on, and what you have contributed to them, with links.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    What if I told you guys that if no-one replied to these threads then they would naturally die off?
This discussion has been closed.