[Bug] Predators Moving Quickly Into Safe Shallows In Unnatural Straight Lines (43604)

sb1254sb1254 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224946Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Right after the latest update I was excited to play the game again and see the new features, but I've noticed a big problem in the way some of the predators move that is causing many dangerous creatures to charge into the Safe Shallows. In a previous saved game a Reaper had wandered into the Safe Shallows, since someone had already reported the problem on these forums I just posted my problem on that post and started a new game. Now, with this new game less than 20 minutes in, I've witnessed a Sand Shark wander into the Safe Shallows using the exact same behavior that the Reaper did. They both moved across the map very quickly, faster than they normally swim, and in a straight line, never deviating from it until they reached the Safe Shallows.

The picture below is the only thing I could take in the short time the Sand Shark was charging into the Safe Shallows, I understand that it doesn't really show his movement very well. But you can see that I only have two basic item on me, showing I had just started the game. Seeing as how this happened in my game only a few minuets after I started in it makes me think that this isn't an issue of some fauna wandering gradually into different biomes, but a core problem on their movement that's causing them to charge around the game into biomes where they don't belong. This is a serious issue that I've encountered in two different saved games so I'm sure it can be repeated in others. imgur.com/a/uySTq

Comments

• SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    Try uninstalling then reinstalling subnautica. That resets the entire game though. Dont do it if you want to keep your progress on subnautica. this never happened to me.
  • sb1254sb1254 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224946Members
    Unfortunately I already tried that, I uninstalled the game between the first time the bug happened with the reaper, and the second time it happened with the Sand Shark. Thanks though.
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    I have had a friend with the same issue, he had both reefbacks and reapers near his lifepod. I recommend moving away from the safe shallows as soon as you can, as it seems that that is the only bugged biome. My personal thought is that the safe shallows may be accidentally tagged as a different biome that these creatures are "supposed" to be in, but that's just a guess.
  • x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members
    Try uninstalling then reinstalling subnautica. That resets the entire game though. Dont do it if you want to keep your progress on subnautica. this never happened to me.

No it doesn't go copy your save folder and replace it in the new version.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    x0Z3ro0x wrote: »

No it doesn't go copy your save folder and replace it in the new version.

Well, it does if you don't
    x0Z3ro0x wrote: »
    copy your save folder and replace it in the new version.

• SunseahlSunseahl Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205358Members
    I really think this is a "Bounding Box" error applied to creature spawns.

Instead of a static mesh being teleported to 0.0 on the game map, though, it's a creature spawn that zeros in on the Lifepod or Safe Shallows base structures as a "home territory."