Subnautica Riddles [Answers out, replacement deadline reached]

Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
So, I've decided to make up some riddles. This is more of an attempt for a community thing, because you can post your own riddles. I don't know how you'll give the answers later though.
Anyway, how mine is going to work is, I will give the riddles below, and on January 27th, I will give the answers to the riddles out. You may be certain they are correct, but i'll release the answers either way. Comment down your answers!

Alright, now for the riddles.

The less you consume
the stronger I become.
Wait too long
and death will come.
What am I?

I hide behind rocks and rills
I cannot be seen or felt
Nor heard or smelt.
The more I am the less you see
What am I?

The longer you wait
The more you blue
Don't hold for too long
Or you will meet your end

I can enter by bite
Or even by touch
When I get into you
I will take over
Your systems down
And operations failed
Very quickly
I can take you down.

Down too far
I give you pain
Maybe a headache
Followed by weakness
Thin glass will not survive, cracks before you know it.
Far too late for redemption
Don't go down too far

Good luck :smile:

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    1. Hunger
    3. Breath
    4. Poison? Disease?
    5. Pressure
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    1. Hunger
    2. ? ? ?
    3. Oxygen
    4. Carar
    5. Pressure
  • SP_KennySP_Kenny Southpark Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227115Members
    I would call #2 Darkness or night time

Wont go over the rest as they are as the others have said
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    I'm saying Void for the #2
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    I don't know why we're putting this in spoiler tags, but I'll do it anyway.
    I thought #2 was Silver. It all depends on what context the word "smelt" is in. Does it relate to smelling in the past, or does it relate to extracting metal from ore?
  • Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
    Skope wrote: »
    I thought #2 was Silver. It all depends on what context the word "smelt" is in. Does it relate to smelling in the past, or does it relate to extracting metal from ore?
    It means smelling. Sorry for any confusion. Also it's in spoiler tags so anyone who wants to try to guess, doesn't see the answers of other people.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    It means smelling. Sorry for any confusion. Also it's in spoiler tags so anyone who wants to try to guess, doesn't see the answers of other people.
    I still say it's silver. :) It would make sense.

"I hide behind rocks and rills. (Sandstone caves)

I cannot be seen or felt. (It's very difficult to find)

Nor heard or smelt. (See second line)

The more I am, the less you see." (Even after the devs changed the ratio of silver:gold, it is still as elusive as ever.)
    edited January 2017
    I still say it's silver. :) It would make sense.

"I hide behind rocks and rills. (Sandstone caves)

I cannot be seen or felt. (It's very difficult to find)

Nor heard or smelt. (See second line)

The more I am, the less you see." (Even after the devs changed the ratio of silver:gold, it is still as elusive as ever.)

Alright, well good luck! Also even if a riddle doesn't specifically mention an item or creature in subnautica, it's still referencing something that happens/is in subnautica. Forgot to mention that xD
    Just going to bump this incase if someone hasn't seen it, not to be attention wanting, just making sure anyone interested for a riddle sees this :smile:

Also, after I do the answers for this i'm going to make a new thread called Subnautica Riddles #2 where I will make up riddles (yes I actually make them up) of things actually inside Subnautica. Such as; a alien creature, or a plant, BUT I will be adding a very hard one in the second thread! If no one else participates i'm going to release the answers on the 25th, 12am. Thanks to everyone who already participated though!
    Alright, no one else decided to participate so i'm releasing the answers right now. I couldn't do it at 12am due to my parents wanting me off immediately.
    Alright, here's the answers.
    1. Hunger
    2. Darkness
    3. Oxygen/Breath
    4. Disease (yes carar counts)
    5. Pressure/Water pressure
    Only one person got number 2 exactly correct; @SP_Kenny. The big part in number 2 that gives it away is "The more I am the less you see", because the more darkness there is, the less you can see.
    I'm actually surprised no one got a wrong answer for 1,3,4 and 5. But I guess I shouldn't expect anyone to actually lose. I'm making subnautica riddles #2 later today, where the riddles are about creatures / flora! Look out for that if you're interested!
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    The big part in number 2 that gives it away is "The more I am the less you see", because the more darkness there is, the less you can see.
    But the second sentence says it "cannot be seen", and you can see darkness.
    edited January 2017
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    The big part in number 2 that gives it away is "The more I am the less you see", because the more darkness there is, the less you can see.

The first and second riddles were not made up by me. I found them online since I knew they already existed. So if any of the others didn't make sense, that's my fault since I made up 3-5. So since I didn't make up the first two I don't have an explanation for it.
    Just going to bump this incase if someone hasn't seen it, not to be attention wanting, just making sure anyone interested for a riddle sees this :smile:

Also, after I do the answers for this i'm going to make a new thread called Subnautica Riddles #2 where I will make up riddles (yes I actually make them up) of things actually inside Subnautica. Such as; a alien creature, or a plant, BUT I will be adding a very hard one in the second thread! If no one else participates i'm going to release the answers on the 25th, 12am. Thanks to everyone who already participated though!

On the "new thread" idea of yours, don't.

Many will start to criticize you of spamming. So just as a suggestion, just put any new riddles into this thread.

On the "new thread" idea of yours, don't.

Many will start to criticize you of spamming. So just as a suggestion, just put any new riddles into this thread.

The original idea was to not have one huge post because I wanted to do as many riddles as I could.
    I can but I don't like the idea of changing the main post and all that, because it'll appear as the riddles are done for but being bumped for no reason. If I do manage to do all the riddles I want to make up, there will be a lot of pages. I don't know though. I'm thinking about it though.
    Maybe you could post something that is purely an "organization border" with some kind of numbering system.

I don't know, just spit-balling ideas.
    Maybe you could post something that is purely an "organization border" with some kind of numbering system.

Too bad you can't make sub-threads on threads.

Too bad you can't make sub-threads on threads.
  • SP_KennySP_Kenny Southpark Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227115Members

My take on this - everything that can be seen, regardless of the spectrum or size has mass - darkness cannot be seen but is a result of a lack of light for us to see within our regular spectrum
    edited January 2017
    SP_Kenny wrote: »
    My take on this - everything that can be seen, regardless of the spectrum or size has mass - darkness cannot be seen but is a result of a lack of light for us to see within our regular spectrum
    That's a bit of a stretch. It's kind of like claiming black isn't a color, or zero isn't a number. You detect darkness with your eyes, therefore you see it.

@Xxcookid123xX Just put your old riddle sets in spoiler tags. [spoiler]Stuff you want in the spoiler[/spoiler]

gives you
    Stuff you want in the spoiler
    SP_Kenny wrote: »
    That's a bit of a stretch. It's kind of like claiming black isn't a color, or zero isn't a number. You detect darkness with your eyes, therefore you see it.

@Xxcookid123xX Just put your old riddle sets in spoiler tags. [spoiler]Stuff you want in the spoiler[/spoiler]

gives you
    Stuff you want in the spoiler

I already posted the menu section for the second pair of riddles and it's where the third one will be too.