The Final Subnautican Presidential Election

Comments

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Combat teams: Sierra-through-Victor. I want you to head to the Koosh Zone in order to work out a peace treaty with the inhabitants, I myself will personally join you. @ResolutionBlaze, @Ralij, @phantomfinch, @Casual_Player and @Jamezorg. As a gesture of peace, I wish for your audience at this treaty meeting, as either yourselves or a representative.

Don't worry. At the slightest sign of attack or attempted hypnosis, my Agents will warp us out quickly. As machines, they cannot be hypnotized, so you should have no worries in them failing their duty.

I send my condolences to those who lost their lives and/or loved ones to the Blackwater platoon's ambush. I regret sending more Warpers to ensure their survival. The Empire believes that they wiped out the forces completely, but we cannot rely on overconfidence for this entire war.

I will represent my people, as a half blighter I am visually impaired and resistant to hypnosis
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited January 2017
    This is General Carrie of the Devorandum Confederacy.

Tragedy has struck....

Bonecruncher, our dear leader, has lost his life in a battle with a Sea Dragon.

I will be assuming command of the Confederacy.

*sigh*

Bonecruncher was a good leader... In his last moments he managed to blind the Sea Dragon... their eyes. Theyre a weakness... but now is not the time to grieve... his funeral will be organized soon.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    It was a tragic loss in the Lost River...

But is Pater so naive to think I would send the entire Army of the Aboveworld to liberate the Lost River? Hah! The fool! A single Reaper and a single Reefback were sent into those tunnels and we still destroyed the 4th Division. You say that the 4th Division is still strong, but we know Lord Sketh had gathered his entire force to celebrate; he was clumsy in this sense.

We still have control of five Reapers and seven Reefbacks; enough to send your Dragons and Lizards to the sea floor. For now the Lost River is unoccupied, and if someone in the Alliance would kindly take the cave it would be much appreciated.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    @Enderguy059, a diplomat of the FMMA is being trained at this moment.
    Also, wasn't that area the Republic of Koosh? What happened to their government?

FMMA High Council
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    @Enderguy059, a diplomat of the FMMA is being trained at this moment.
    Also, wasn't that area the Republic of Koosh? What happened to their government?

FMMA High Council

This calls for a chat with @dealwithitdog

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    If the other representatives would like, FMMA can provide security troops during the meeting.

FMMA High Council
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited January 2017
    This is Representative Carrie.

We would like to make a proposition.

The Shoal is regaining support... this is dangerous, and due to their previous activity I would demand upon them sanctions.

These sanctions will prevent them from attemping global domination ever again.

We may have been preoccupied as of lately, but that is what I am worried about. The Shoal will no doubt attempt another attack on the republic we have established.

They should not be allowed in this race or any future races.

The Shoal is regaining support... this is dangerous, and due to their previous activity I would demand upon them sanctions.

We may have been preoccupied as of lately, but that is what I am worried about.

seriouls res, were at war with a onipitent super species that has a slave army and your worried about us controling a large majority of land again.

We may have been preoccupied as of lately, but that is what I am worried about.

seriouls res, were at war with a onipitent super species that has a slave army and your worried about us controling a large majority of land again.

I am.

We will not allow you to sneak up upon us and take control while we are weak from battle.
    Shoal news network

"This is Tracy Trace on shoal news network. today the grand admeral, phantomfinch heads of to the koosh republic to ease tensions and break a aliance against the forces of pater. Before leaving he said this "The GCSC needs allies to win this conflic, with our recent victory in the lost river and increaseing millitary movment on all sides, I think that the peace here might last when this all ends. And not to worry, il make sure that il be safe in the republic".
    In other news General Bite himself has lead a charge against the Lava empire after the defeat of one of its dragons"

w9vn7owg2c8j.jpg

"The general states that he will not back down untill one of them falls, after repeated statements from the grand general for Bite to "cool it and take a chill pill" he seems to have just given up and let the general do as he wishes, as a result all millitary units are under direct control of the general and large scale assualts have been repoted to have taken place in know lava empire bases."

"This has been the news with Tracey Trace, up next "Keeping up with the crabsnakeans"
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    As per the vote, the land is offically governed by the democratically elected government. States expanding on one another will not be tolerated and will face sanctions and the full might of the combined military. Keeping cooperation after hostilities cease is a high priority.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    We have stationed the Army of the Aboveworld just alongside the mountain island; I suggest everyone group their forces nearby; we will mount an assault on the Lava Empire using the full force of our Aboveworld.

We will stand not a single chance whilst our nations are even slightly divided. I beg of you to settle what little differences you have and send your armies to join the Army of the Aboveworld at the Mountain.

We have already met the Steel Crusade here; NVP, Shoal, Republic of Koosh, all of you; send soldiers. We will win this war only if our armies are large as they can be.
    Soldiers if the 1st Legion have yet to recover Bonecruncher's body.

Many within the Confederacy are questioning whether or not Bonecruncher is actually dead.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited January 2017
    Agent 312-117.

The time is nearing, we are about to begin a full-on assault against Aestus. Allied morale is low, which is why I want to give you the following task:

I do not believe that Bonecruncher is dead. Reapers are hardy creatures, and even if he was killed it would take months for his corpse to decompose. Thus, your mission is to journey to the Inactive Lava Zone to recover Bonecruncher. If we can return him in the flesh, dead or hopefully alive, it will bolster troop morale either way.

I've just finished installing a raw thermal power generator using designs based off of the Precursor Thermal Reactor, thus you should never run out of power while out in the field. I also augmented your skin-based warp drive with an additiinal optical deflection module that should keep you concealed from enemy sight, however you cannot phase-jump unless you deactivate the module.

I wish you luck on this mission.

(Image of Warpers saluting Noble Cleanser at the Lost River entrance goes here)
    Common this thread can't die now. The risk game is almost ready.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited January 2017
    Ok I don't normally do these, but when I do, it's because some crazy sh** has just happened...

Mid-week update:

This week saw the end of the first great conflict between the underworld and aboveworld forces: The Green War

The underworld forces, bolstered by the 4rth division traitors, had begun amassing precursor ion crystals. These they used to devastating effect, detonating them in several key areas and destroying massive chunks of biome. Finally, the conglomerate mobilized their forces, taking control of a meteorite cache in the dunes and protecting the ion crystals. It seemed as if there was going to be a showdown over the crater, but it turned out it was all a ruse. Pater detonated a huge amount of ion crystals next to the Precursor Array, almost entirely obliterating it. Shortly after that, the conglomerate struck at the victorious 4rth division, obliterating its leader (though they were later annihilated by an underworld counterattack). Thus, comes the bittersweet conglomerate victory in the green war. The FMMA was devastated by the detonation of the array, as were several other forces.

Alas, for the conglomerate, the week was not to get any better. News came in that the conglomerate victory force, the one sucess of the conglomerate during the war, had been obliterated (among them the lead party representative for the NVP/DC, bonecruncher.) though skirmishes have continued since then, the loss of a general lays heavy on the hearts of the aboveworld.

As if that weren't enough, news has just come in that Pater has turned his hypnotic charms on the koosh zone, making impassioned pleas to the denizens of the entire biome to come and fight for the underworld forces. Ampeels, mesmers, and bonesharks have been reported streaming out of the koosh zone in great number.

To which I have to say... *changes out of reporter clothes*

Stop. Right. There

Mesmers of the koosh zone, what on 4546B are you THINKING? Running to this Pater Aestus the instant he asks, just because you felt like you weren't appreciated enough? You're so easily swayed by this literal demon that you're able to just abandon the philosophies that guided the Koosh Zone for so long? Think of our history! When the NVP announced it was running, we stood against them because of their potential for tyranny. Then, we stood with the NVP because of the potential power wielded by the GCSC! We have always defined us as the party against dictatorship. And now, you mesmers flock to literally the definition of a tyrant?! Come to your senses! You are mesmers, and you stand for democracy! Right now we have the most democratic alliance in the history of 4546B! So what do you chose? Go down in history as the minions of a despot, or freedom fighters who restored order to a stricken planet? I say the mesmers stand with the alliance.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    Mesmers of the koosh zone, what on 4546B are you THINKING? Running to this Pater Aestus the instant he asks, just because you felt like you weren't appreciated enough? You're so easily swayed by this literal demon that you're able to just abandon the philosophies that guided the Koosh Zone for so long? Think of our history! When the NVP announced it was running, we stood against them because of their potential for tyranny. Then, we stood with the NVP because of the potential power wielded by the GCSC! We have always defined us as the party against dictatorship. And now, you mesmers flock to literally the definition of a tyrant?! Come to your senses! You are mesmers, and you stand for democracy! Right now we have the most democratic alliance in the history of 4546B! So what do you chose? Go down in history as the minions of a despot, or freedom fighters who restored order to a stricken planet? I say the mesmers stand with the alliance.

You misunderstand the Mesmers, along with the other creatures that are now under my command.

We had made this alliance after the end of your mortal war, when the Mesmers outrage of being so utterly forgotten in their war contributions was at its peak.

I promised them to become more than shared leaders of a forgotten corner of Aboveworld. I promised them the entire southern third of Aboveworld for their contributions in helping me.

And when you rebels are are wiped from existence, they will finally know leadership.

And they will gain the appreciation they've so longed for.

The appreciation you refused them.

/Operation Log - 01\: "I have arrived at the scene of the battle where Bonecruncher, leader of Devorandum Confederacy, was last seen. Due to lack of remains and to uphold morale, he has been listed as MIA in hopes that he could be recovered, a task which our Director @Enderguy059 has dutifully undertaken with the mission he has given me.

So far I cannot find much evidence of where Bonecruncher may be... Wait. Is that?... It is! A Reaper Tusk! It seems to be pointing towards the Tree Cove. If that is the case, I must make my way towards there. Hopefully, the local Ghostrays will provide me with info if they had seen a Reaper heading this way.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    I am dishonoured! I created and led the PHSP in the beggining and yet @Enderguy059 is up there? Oh!!
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited January 2017
    Why don't more people believe in the Warpers Causes?
    edited January 2017

We had made this alliance after the end of your mortal war

Out of character and in consideration for all players. I realize that there hasn't been any ground rules laid, but I must protest taking over a player faction with negotiations that never occurred. I realize dealwithitdog has been absent, but a new representative needs to have taken his place for the faction to be active. Arbitrarily taking over an entire nation is a bit much to me.

[j] Otherwise, can I have the rich clan and all of its shenanigans? :lol: [/j]
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    It's long, but I'll label the paragraphs so that you can only read what you find interesting :)

Terms of Peace & The Union of Biomes (UB)

Once complete terms of peace have been reached between all nations, I find it only fitting that we display this new treaty we have adopted in the form of an alliance that will last generations. The Union of Biomes will be a thriving example of a country done right, and it will be beneficial for you leaders and your people. It will tie bonds between all states of the sea, and show us a new dawn, and a quick recovery. This agreement, however, comes with codes of conduct, if you do wish to join.

Article 1:
    A ) All fish are allowed to pass freely through other Union of Biomes states if the paperwork is at hand and can be shown to authority figures at the borders.
    B ) All public transport inside Union of Biomes states will be put under strict and thorough maintenance every Monday and Friday. Public transport may pass through other states with the state leader's consent.

Article 2:
    A ) If another war is to break out, all prominent biomes (Grand Reef, Grand Blood Kelp, Dunes, North State, Crash Site, Sparse Reef) will be required to accept 50,000 refugees at a minimum.
    B ) If another war is to break out, provisions will come in the form of dried fruits, and your biome will have a maximum of 200,000 of these provisions. If this number is to overflow, the excess will be given to other biomes who cannot meet the required 200,000 dried fruit provisions.
    C ) A Union of Biomes state may war with another Union of Biomes state, but the war must not include super weapons or chemical warfare.

Article 3:
    A ) People in the Union of Biomes are not to be denied jobs due to gender or species, nor are they to be denied shelter if another war is to break out.

Article 4:
    A ) Trade routes are allowed to pass through Union of Biomes states without question. If any of the wars involved in said trade routes go to war, the trade route is immediately destroyed.
    B ) Trade of illegal substances will result in a fine of the government for not checking what they are shipping.

Article 5:
    A ) Any state may leave the Union of Biomes if the public vote sways in favour.
    B ) If a state is to leave the Union of Biomes, all trade routes to, through and from this state will be immediately broken.
    C ) These articles do not apply to nations that leave the union.

So join the Union of Biomes and show your love to the ocean!

The President's Fate

It is with a heavy heart that I announce former president Peeps Mantara's death. She died of her wounds in her sleep, and was not able to recover quick enough to save herself.

Now I shall recount her story.

She was first elected four months ago in the Presidential Election. From here the fate of the Grand Reef must be decided, so she conducted an election for this biome to find it a leader worthy of the title. Eventually this election became sour, and war broke out all over the ocean. Throughout the War of Five Fish, her first priority was to save the lives of the innocent. She reserved the shallows for refugees and did a good job in ordering the conflict. Eventually she was wounded in the fighting, and died last night in her sleep.

The Fate of the Grand Reef

There has been a question on everybody's minds recently; what is to become of the Grand Reef? Will it stay with the EPCA, who won the Grand Reef election a month ago, or is it to fall into the hands of N-LAP, who protected the biome from harm during the War of Five Fish. We reach out to the EPCA, as I wish to join our nations. We can join together in the hopes that one day we will fly a banner that represents both of out parties. We both strive for similar things, you and I; the safety of our environment. There is mroe to be gained than lost out of this deal, believe me.

We shall be known as the Conglomerate once again, and we will share in the Reef's greatness. We have both fought for it, and we have both won the fighting. Let us share.

Small Battles

@phantomfinch . My final assault on your people during the war was a campaign against your southernmost Grassy Plateau. The attack resulted in the death of two of your armies. The war is over now, yet the survivors of this attack still charge against the Blood Kelp. They attack in small numbers, and we have no choice but to kill them. It also appears that they are doing no small amount of in fighting. Your armies are falling apart; the war has done something to them. Please, help call them off.

@ResolutionBlaze . Remember the Sandsharks we both helped liberate? They are not fighting one another in the Grassy Plateau, reports suggest. They have also attacked Stalkers and Reefbacks and we need to know what is going on there. They are fighting in the Sparse Reef as well, and we try to expel them civilly, but to no avail. Please help us get rid of these creatures.

This is gonna be a different kind of election, I'll tell you that for free.

I for one believe that the Warpers ( @Enderguy059 I'm talking to you) You STOLE my Warpers) should join the UB for the benefit of all and to further the Planet. But it's not up to me... Although, I do believe that the Warpers would be interested.
    Ralij wrote: »

We had made this alliance after the end of your mortal war

Out of character and in consideration for all players. I realize that there hasn't been any ground rules laid, but I must protest taking over a player faction with negotiations that never occurred. I realize dealwithitdog has been absent, but a new representative needs to have taken his place for the faction to be active. Arbitrarily taking over an entire nation is a bit much to me.

[j] Otherwise, can I have the rich clan and all of its shenanigans? :lol: [/j]

If you get the Rich clan than I want a part of (my) I mean @Enderguy059's Warpers or at least be vice-president.
    Ok let's all take a chill pill and relax.

@Nautical_Nick I'm sorry but enderguy was be directing the PH/SP since the start of the reef war, you might of started it but he has been running it, I even controlled it during the war and during enderguys absence.

Secondly where not bringing back the rich clan, to do that would unleash Julian's spirit back into the world.

Thirdly just wait a few more days I have been informed that the war thread is almost complete.
    @Nautical_Nick In your absence, I have managed to make this party one of the more powerful, technologically advanced, and benevolent political groups. I, however, appreciate your return to the fray, as I could always use a second-in-command. If you wish to make any decisions, however, you must first consult myself before enaction.
  • Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
    i have absolutely no idea what this is but i like reefbacks
    edited January 2017

If you get the Rich clan than I want a part of (my) I mean @Enderguy059's Warpers or at least be vice-president.

I think Mariner would be VP given our party has won the election and he's been the most active, however a warper is my top pick for the Dept. of Health and there will definitely be one on the cabinet. Every faction that is part of our nation will have a role to play. From here we work together for a better tomorrow. :sunglasses:

I don't really want the rich clan. I was being silly and trying to lighten the mood a little bit. I don't think we should go down that road again.
    Ralij wrote: »

I think Mariner would be VP given our party has won the election and he's been the most active, however a warper is my top pick for the Dept. of Health and there will definitely be one on the cabinet. Every faction that is part of our nation will have a role to play. From here we work together for a better tomorrow. :sunglasses:

I don't really want the rich clan. I was being silly and trying to lighten the mood a little bit. I don't think we should go down that road again.

And I do understand that fact. I was stating that if an event were to occur I would run for the Warpers and to play along a little.
  • meatstermeatster United States Join Date: 2017-01-26 Member: 227299Members
    < A NEW ENTITY HAS ENTERED THE ARENA >

It pains me to see these people fight like this. There have been many disagreements before, but nothing on this size and scale.

*sigh*

My people have stayed silent for to long. For thousands of years, we have been regarded as everything from second-class citizens to myths. And perhaps that shaped our society for the better; we learned that interactions with others was...less than perfect. Now we barely even talk to each other.

But its time for a change. My great-grandfather warned me about Pater, how he would one day destroy the world in his twisted attempt of saving it. Pater claims he is a god in fish form, but he is nothing more than a false prophet. He himself is quite weak, but manipulative.

I do not claim to be a god, or a servant of god, or even remotely close to a god. But my kingdom has lived in parallel to the others, and the closest event to war we've ever had was a minor argument. I must question how your society has broken down to complete chaos while mine is thriving.

I know about the Carar. I know about Pater. I know of all the tangled alliances and elections. So I think its time to stop ignoring the politics and fix this broken world. I will rally my tribe, join forces against Pater, and mend the ocean like we did thousands of years ago with the sky. Maybe then we will finally live in harmony and be recognized as equals.

My name Skira, First Citizen of the Peaceful Brotherhood of Skyrays.

edited January 2017
    meatster wrote: »
    < A NEW ENTITY HAS ENTERED THE ARENA >

It pains me to see these people fight like this. There have been many disagreements before, but nothing on this size and scale.

*sigh*

My people have stayed silent for to long. For thousands of years, we have been regarded as everything from second-class citizens to myths. And perhaps that shaped our society for the better; we learned that interactions with others was...less than perfect. Now we barely even talk to each other.

But its time for a change. My great-grandfather warned me about Pater, how he would one day destroy the world in his twisted attempt of saving it. Pater claims he is a god in fish form, but he is nothing more than a false prophet. He himself is quite weak, but manipulative.

I do not claim to be a god, or a servant of god, or even remotely close to a god. But my kingdom has lived in parallel to the others, and the closest event to war we've ever had was a minor argument. I must question how your society has broken down to complete chaos while mine is thriving.

I know about the Carar. I know about Pater. I know of all the tangled alliances and elections. So I think its time to stop ignoring the politics and fix this broken world. I will rally my tribe, join forces against Pater, and mend the ocean like we did thousands of years ago with the sky. Maybe then we will finally live in harmony and be recognized as equals.

My name Skira, First Citizen of the Peaceful Brotherhood of Skyrays.

To late go back to your nest.