The Final Subnautican Presidential Election

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    wowwink wrote: »
    Also this was once a good fanfic but it has been completely obliterated and molded into a place where if you what to talk shit about someone, you can. And you will. I voted while this was a sane thread, but it is that no longer. This is a forms page for a fantastic game. Hell you can make your own wedsite with all this shit on there but not here. This is a place to go to talk about or suggest thing about a great inde game. This is not the place to smack talk people and over express your opinion on the matter. So my final remark, and I think phantomfinch would agree with me. Stop this shit. Ok? Just stop.

Wowwink

Yea, it hurts but I'm gonna have to agree with @wowwink . I liked it when it was simple and cool, but now it's turned into something I didn't really expect. I've been slowly backing out of this for a while now, and I might chip in at some points later.

But what, we got space now? And nanobots, and weird god creatures and an empire that's doing loads of insane shit. It was fun early on but things have recently gotten blown way out of proportion. If it chills out I might return to it, but as it is right now I'm gonna go.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    edited January 2017
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    Also this was once a good fanfic but it has been completely obliterated and molded into a place where if you what to talk shit about someone, you can. And you will. I voted while this was a sane thread, but it is that no longer. This is a forms page for a fantastic game. Hell you can make your own wedsite with all this shit on there but not here. This is a place to go to talk about or suggest thing about a great inde game. This is not the place to smack talk people and over express your opinion on the matter. So my final remark, and I think phantomfinch would agree with me. Stop this shit. Ok? Just stop.

Wowwink

Yea, it hurts but I'm gonna have to agree with @wowwink . I liked it when it was simple and cool, but now it's turned into something I didn't really expect. I've been slowly backing out of this for a while now, and I might chip in at some points later.

But what, we got space now? And nanobots, and weird god creatures and an empire that's doing loads of insane shit. It was fun early on but things have recently gotten blown way out of proportion. If it chills out I might return to it, but as it is right now I'm gonna go.
    @jamezorg
    THANK YOU... you really have been supportive of me as I started on this forms page. I to will go, but let our travels be great and go to far places. Live long and prosper.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    It has been quite a hectic place as of late. I'm not gonna lie about that one.

But it seems that things are going to get better soon, now that the Precursor has been almost eliminated from the thread. Hopefully that will make it better.

I would just hold on a bit longer. Especially you @Jamezorg, I don't think you'll regret it. :wink:

Skope wrote: »
    It has been quite a hectic place as of late. I'm not gonna lie about that one.

But it seems that things are going to get better soon, now that the Precursor has been almost eliminated from the thread. Hopefully that will make it better.

I would just hold on a bit longer. Especially you @Jamezorg, I don't think you'll regret it. :wink:
    Is this hinting at what i think it's hinting at
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    @Jamezorg.

Everything @Skope, @PaterAestus and I did was for a reason. The excesses are gone. The nanobots are destroyed, there's no space or alien empires anymore. Just that Aestus guy.

I'm really tired, you know? Posting those "reports" that have taken time to create, even the one with the video. Just to make everything look real and palpable. I'm really tired about spending effort on that when what? Half? A quarter or less people here spend their time reading or, better yet, compreehending those reports. Even the events not related exclusively to the FMMA, were knit together with patience. A lot of it, and not only by me. In those long reports... that were on most cases ignored or written off as that "fluff" didn't even existed.

Stay, go, take an ice-cream or hot chocolate.

I will stay and wait for what it is to come, for I and dear @Skope here both know what it is to come. Believe us when we say it's special. Or don't, your choice.

Casual_Player.
    @Jamezorg.

Everything @Skope, @PaterAestus and I did was for a reason. The excesses are gone. The nanobots are destroyed, there's no space or alien empires anymore. Just that Aestus guy.

I'm really tired, you know? Posting those "reports" that have taken time to create, even the one with the video. Just to make everything look real and palpable. I'm really tired about spending effort on that when what? Half? A quarter or less people here spend their time reading or, better yet, compreehending those reports. Even the events not related exclusively to the FMMA, were knit together with patience. A lot of it, and not only by me. In those long reports... that were on most cases ignored or written off as that "fluff" didn't even existed.

I will stay and wait for what it is to come, for I and dear @Skope here both know what it is to come. Believe us when we say it's special. Or don't, your choice.

Casual_Player.
    I take back nothing but I'm still staying
    edited January 2017
    @Jamezorg.

Casual_Player.

Alright, it has been building up to something. I'll hold on for a little longer then :)
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited January 2017

Wowwink

Yeah I backed off...

It got too chaotic, there's no limits now and the fun I had was kinda gone when it started becoming... and I mean no offense, trust me... the role play equivalent that five year old use as a joke.

"I killed your character!"

"NO! He is a god he can't die!"

"Oh yeah? I invented nanotechnology that can kill gods!"

"That's not fair!"

It became so... outworldish, that I couldn't follow along anymore.

I was gonna proceed to come back and push the Underworld forces back down or try to, but I realize it would only add to the chaos.

So I'm dropping out until I can find a gap to come back in. I honestly didn't expect serious RP to last this long though xD

Wowwink

Yeah I backed off...

It got too chaotic, there's no limits now and the fun I had was kinda gone when it started becoming... and I mean no offense, trust me... the role play equivalent that five year old use as a joke.

"That's not fair!"

I was gonna proceed to come back and push the Underworld forces back down or try to, but I realize it would only add to the chaos.

So I'm dropping out until I can find a gap to come back in. I honestly didn't expect serious RP to last this long though xD

Yea, to be honest I'm a little lost because there was so much going on at once a few pages back and I got sidetracked. It's like if you were travelling somewhere along a dirt path, then there was a flood and the dirt path got washed away and now you're just standing there thinking "well, okay then, what now?"

Don't get me wrong, the chaos has gone now, I'm just so confused as to how we got here.

But oh well, I'll see it through to the end, I've been in this since the beginning and I don't plan on giving it up at the last hurdle.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    edited January 2017

Wowwink

Yeah I backed off...

"That's not fair!"

Yea, to be honest I'm a little lost because there was so much going on at once a few pages back and I got sidetracked. It's like if you were travelling somewhere along a dirt path, then there was a flood and the dirt path got washed away and now you're just standing there thinking "well, okay then, what now?"

Don't get me wrong, the chaos has gone now, I'm just so confused as to how we got here.

But oh well, I'll see it through to the end, I've been in this since the beginning and I don't plan on giving it up at the last hurdle.

I don't know how you will receive this. Frankly, at this point, I don't care very much.

When I orchestrated the "cannibal feast" stunt, I was called off (and now this is the third time I'm saying this - reading comprehension, remember that?) and reorganized the actions of the FMMA, while keeping it in character and believable. There was some success at that. By that time Phantom's magic city appeared (that's when he first started using codified messenges). I just read until the second, when he alluded to some "hidden messenge", and ignored the rest. The came his Precursor tech that he obtained access only he knows how. I ignored everything he posted since that day. And keep posting things on my own, mainly the reports on the Precursor bases and the Carar research.

Do you see? See why things got weird?

I sure hope so, because if you didn't, then I request you look for someone else to explain to you.

I said I was tired of this. I'm not kidding. When your writings on a thread started being ignored for lack of reading comprehension, then people come forth telling they are leaving because everything got too confusing? When this confusion would be solved if they realised what was going on?

Really? Can't you see what's being considered as "cannon" and what's not?

Casual_Player

edited January 2017

Wowwink

Yeah I backed off...

"That's not fair!"

I don't know how you will receive this. Frankly, at this point, I don't care very much.

When I orchestrated the "cannibal feast" stunt, I was called off (and now this is the third time I'm saying this - reading comprehension, remember that?) and reorganized the actions of the FMMA, while keeping it in character and believable. There was some success at that. By that time Phantom's magic city appeared (that's when he first started using codified messenges). I just read until the second, when he alluded to some "hidden messenge", and ignored the rest. The came his Precursor tech that he obtained access only he knows how. I ignored everything he posted since that day. And keep posting things on my own, mainly the reports on the Precursor bases and the Carar research.

I sure hope so, because if you didn't, then I request you look for someone else to explain to you.

I said I was tired of this. I'm not kidding. When your writings on a thread started being ignored for lack of reading comprehension, then people come forth telling they are leaving because everything got too confusing? When this confusion would be solved if they realised what was going on?

Casual_Player

Dude, I'm not blaming you! Sorry if it came across that way but nowhere did I say it was your fault. I read all of your things, but I legitimately didn't know what we were taking into consideration and what we weren't, I had to scroll back to check and it all got messed up.

I'm not being hostile, I'm just telling you what happened. :)

Anyway, I'm back on track now, so I don't know why we're still talking about this.
    edited January 2017

Wowwink

Yeah I backed off...

"That's not fair!"

Casual_Player

Dude, I'm not blaming you! Sorry if it came across that way but nowhere did I say it was your fault. I read all of your things, but I legitimately didn't know what we were taking into consideration and what we weren't, I had to scroll back to check and it all got messed up.

I'm not being hostile, I'm just telling you what happened. :)

Anyway, I'm back on track now, so I don't know why we're still talking about this.

I understand. That's something I had to say.
    I expected this to reach @ResolutionBlaze. Clearly, it didn't.
    I'm not being agressive with you. I'm sorry, really, if it came that way.

The thing is...so much confusion would be avoided if more people tried to get what was happening. I'm not asking anyone to remember word by word the events, but to remember what happened.

Then, only now, when everything is said and done, when the OP stuff is gone, people announce they are leaving the thread for the reason of the same OP stuff that is now gone? While some of them abandon their own factions (not you Jamezorg), without any sort of closure (even the "rocks fall everyone dies"), only to return and complain about events already solved?

Again, I'm sorry @Jamezorg. It wasn't aimed to you. But I really had to say it. People here needed to hear it. Whether they like it or not.

Casual_Reader
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Well this party's gone sour, what happened to the good old days when res was trying to commit genoside. Or when we made propaganda pictures of each of our party's, sure casual wasn't there but it was still fun.

I'm just saying everything went downhill when we introduced the khara/ unheard into the mix. I tryied to get rid of it but casual decided it was to stay. And I was going to get rid of the ships anyway, either having them blow up or spread communism throughout the galaxy. All I'm saying is for casual to drop pater and have it just be about politics again. We've gone so far off the tracks that now we're driving down the M11 (the m11 is a English highway for all yall "country folk")

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    The end of the gilded age

(apologies, wall of text incoming, but I really do urge you to read it. It's quite important (to me, at least))
    In response to the most recent developments on this thread, I would like to say this: It is clear to me, at this point, that the era of politics has waned. When I first created this series, most of the politics was satirical, poking fun in an age when so many people are disappointed in the governments of the world. What happened after that I had no idea to expect. Don't get me wrong, it has been an amazing journey, and I've really loved the developments that have happened along the way. However, the pattern of exponential growth in these threads is inherently unsustainable. Parties became factions, factions led to war, and war spawned god-like beings and the like. In all of this, the original politics has become lost.

As the gilded age of Subnautican politics (sorry, I'm an US history student on the side, I couldn't resist throwing in a few references along the way) draws to a close, I would like to announce the winner of this election. The final winner, the designated president, the most popular of all the creatures and lifestyles, is: The EPCA.

I repeat:
    The EPCA has won the final election

Congratulations, EPCA. I suppose one of the positive things we can all take from this political experience is that in the end, the message of cooperation and peace won out above all the rest.

Now, to address current matters: the conclusion of the election is in no way a conclusion of the universe; quite to the contrary, in fact. As so many of us have been lost in the whirlwinding story these past few days, a great evil has risen up from the Lava Zones. Bent on total destruction, and sporting an army of animals so badly mutated by Caraar they are no longer true Subnautican fauna, He/She/They/Them/It is hell-bent on destroying the world as we know it (At this point, any semblance of relevance to the actual game can officially be dumped out the window.*). So now, even though the age of politics is dying, there is still a great evil in this odd universe that has evolved. I know that certainly one of the only ways to combat this "Pater Aestus" is with violence. That's right, I'm suggesting a war thread. The Lava War.

If such a thing is created, however, I wish it to be divorced from politics. In the end, I would like the universe to continue, I think I owe all the people who poured their time into it that much. However, at best I am merely a pollster, and in truth a pollster has no place in this era of gods and war. So, for the universe to continue, I would like it to continue without elections, without polls. I think it can ascend in that form. There is so much potential, so many great characters that have been created (to this day I must confess I truly admire the communistic zeal of @phantomfinch), and so many great characters that can still be made. The EPCA is facing the realities of war, thanks to @Ralij. @wowwink, it's good to see someone finally siding with the communists. God knows Phantom needs some help over there, maybe you can bring them back to glory? @CARARbonara, the EPCA needs some good reps like you. @ResolutionBlaze, this Pater Aestus fellow appears to speak the language of violence as well... but the question is, who is more fluent? The NVP/DC thrives during wartime.
    Moral of this paragraph is that for this universe to continue, and it should continue, it should be created in threads without polls, without elections.

As someone once told Morgan Freeman, "No good thing ever dies." It may be true that the gilded age of politics is drawing to the close, but that may mean that the theater of war is just beginning. New characters, new possibilities. Who knows? One day, when the earth has been salted behind the victor of the bloodiest battle, and peace has been restored, government can continue as usual.

As for me, I might pop in to contribute from time to time, but I truly hand over the torch to all of you, who can really tell a better story than I can. No offense to anyone else who's helped grow the universe, but if @Bugzapper wants to get in on some moderation here, I think they're really the most qualified storyteller on these forums.
    Here's to the Gilded Age.

Subnauticambrian, signing off.

I would appreciate it, though I know that this thread has not contributed much to the actual game, if some reference was thrown in. A reef back with a faint "EPCA" barely visible on its back, one sole biter with glowing eyes and a glorious communist regime... I know it's a lot, maybe too much to ask, but I truly would appreciate it. I may be simply narcissistic, but I think that maybe some other people in the forums would appreciate it as well.
    Encoded Message Recieved

This is the Prime Minister of the Shoal. Many of you probably think that I died in a recent 4th Division attack. The truth of the matter is that I am very much alive, and I do not condone the actions of the 4th Division to any extent.

@Casual_Player , the Conglomerate and FMMA have been enemies for a while now, but I ask that we rekindle our alliance to destroy this damned 4th Division for good. They killed our general, they tore your trade empire to shreds and now we will have great justice!

I have assembled a crack team of Crabsquid in the Grand Reef, avoiding any and all Imperial Entanglements... I use the Degasi base as means of sending you this message. What do you say? Will the Conglomerate and FMMA once again stand united?

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

You have endangered our lives countless times, and even threatened the very well being of this planet via what we like to call "Precursor Madness". But haven't we all at some point or another, really?

Your cause and ambition is envious, Shoal. The Empire threatens our livelihood, as does the 4th Division. Will your nation be remembered as the one that stood idly as the Empire sweeps over this land? No, you'll be remembered as the ones who fought valiantly for the cause? What say you, you parasitic little bastard?!

zoadtgswbemh.png

@phantomfinch @Casual_Player , and others who wish to fight for our cause! Do you accept the frandliness? Will you fight with us against the 4th Division, and against the Empire? If you are to fight say Aye and you will forever be a brother of the Conglomerate! For glory!
    I'm just trying to capture dat feel of the classic election stuff. Let's put the crazy aside for good and get political once again. I quote the Lorax: "It's time to change the life we lead, we say let it grow". Let this new outlook grow into a new beginning for this roleplay. A reboot, if you will. Let's set all that other stuff aside and focus on what really matters people: POLITICS! And the occasional war like we have now, but whatever, here we are! Back in business, I hope!

(apologies, wall of text incoming, but I really do urge you to read it. It's quite important (to me, at least))
    In response to the most recent developments on this thread, I would like to say this: It is clear to me, at this point, that the era of politics has waned. When I first created this series, most of the politics was satirical, poking fun in an age when so many people are disappointed in the governments of the world. What happened after that I had no idea to expect. Don't get me wrong, it has been an amazing journey, and I've really loved the developments that have happened along the way. However, the pattern of exponential growth in these threads is inherently unsustainable. Parties became factions, factions led to war, and war spawned god-like beings and the like. In all of this, the original politics has become lost.

As the gilded age of Subnautican politics (sorry, I'm an US history student on the side, I couldn't resist throwing in a few references along the way) draws to a close, I would like to announce the winner of this election. The final winner, the designated president, the most popular of all the creatures and lifestyles, is: The EPCA.

I repeat:

Congratulations, EPCA. I suppose one of the positive things we can all take from this political experience is that in the end, the message of cooperation and peace won out above all the rest.

Now, to address current matters: the conclusion of the election is in no way a conclusion of the universe; quite to the contrary, in fact. As so many of us have been lost in the whirlwinding story these past few days, a great evil has risen up from the Lava Zones. Bent on total destruction, and sporting an army of animals so badly mutated by Caraar they are no longer true Subnautican fauna, He/She/They/Them/It is hell-bent on destroying the world as we know it (At this point, any semblance of relevance to the actual game can officially be dumped out the window.*). So now, even though the age of politics is dying, there is still a great evil in this odd universe that has evolved. I know that certainly one of the only ways to combat this "Pater Aestus" is with violence. That's right, I'm suggesting a war thread. The Lava War.

If such a thing is created, however, I wish it to be divorced from politics. In the end, I would like the universe to continue, I think I owe all the people who poured their time into it that much. However, at best I am merely a pollster, and in truth a pollster has no place in this era of gods and war. So, for the universe to continue, I would like it to continue without elections, without polls. I think it can ascend in that form. There is so much potential, so many great characters that have been created (to this day I must confess I truly admire the communistic zeal of @phantomfinch), and so many great characters that can still be made. The EPCA is facing the realities of war, thanks to @Ralij. @wowwink, it's good to see someone finally siding with the communists. God knows Phantom needs some help over there, maybe you can bring them back to glory? @CARARbonara, the EPCA needs some good reps like you. @ResolutionBlaze, this Pater Aestus fellow appears to speak the language of violence as well... but the question is, who is more fluent? The NVP/DC thrives during wartime.
    Moral of this paragraph is that for this universe to continue, and it should continue, it should be created in threads without polls, without elections.

As someone once told Morgan Freeman, "No good thing ever dies." It may be true that the gilded age of politics is drawing to the close, but that may mean that the theater of war is just beginning. New characters, new possibilities. Who knows? One day, when the earth has been salted behind the victor of the bloodiest battle, and peace has been restored, government can continue as usual.

As for me, I might pop in to contribute from time to time, but I truly hand over the torch to all of you, who can really tell a better story than I can. No offense to anyone else who's helped grow the universe, but if @Bugzapper wants to get in on some moderation here, I think they're really the most qualified storyteller on these forums.

I would appreciate it, though I know that this thread has not contributed much to the actual game, if some reference was thrown in. A reef back with a faint "EPCA" barely visible on its back, one sole biter with glowing eyes and a glorious communist regime... I know it's a lot, maybe too much to ask, but I truly would appreciate it. I may be simply narcissistic, but I think that maybe some other people in the forums would appreciate it as well.

And yea, sorry to spam two posts in one go but I do want to really get back to the original feel of this universe. I think in the first two threads and the first half of this one it was at its very best.

@subnauticambrian , thanks for doing this. It's been a wild, bumpy, winding ride you've set us on. Who knew we'd end up here? It's all because of you, none of this would exist without you. The EPCA has won the election (and I'm not salty at all) and the Lava War is to come, but elections aren't the end of politics; the government has to be maintained as well. And here we are.

Again, thank you so much for doing this :) It means a lot. Mainly because I write books as a hobby, and these books that I'm writing don't get shown to many people. Here's a place I feel like I can share my stories, no matter how bizarre and twisting, and I feel like I'm making a difference and people are seeing them. So, for one final time, thanks :)
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Encoded Message Recieved

This is the Prime Minister of the Shoal. Many of you probably think that I died in a recent 4th Division attack. The truth of the matter is that I am very much alive, and I do not condone the actions of the 4th Division to any extent.

@Casual_Player , the Conglomerate and FMMA have been enemies for a while now, but I ask that we rekindle our alliance to destroy this damned 4th Division for good. They killed our general, they tore your trade empire to shreds and now we will have great justice!

I have assembled a crack team of Crabsquid in the Grand Reef, avoiding any and all Imperial Entanglements... I use the Degasi base as means of sending you this message. What do you say? Will the Conglomerate and FMMA once again stand united?

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

You have endangered our lives countless times, and even threatened the very well being of this planet via what we like to call "Precursor Madness". But haven't we all at some point or another, really?

Your cause and ambition is envious, Shoal. The Empire threatens our livelihood, as does the 4th Division. Will your nation be remembered as the one that stood idly as the Empire sweeps over this land? No, you'll be remembered as the ones who fought valiantly for the cause? What say you, you parasitic little bastard?!

zoadtgswbemh.png

@phantomfinch @Casual_Player , and others who wish to fight for our cause! Do you accept the frandliness? Will you fight with us against the 4th Division, and against the Empire? If you are to fight say Aye and you will forever be a brother of the Conglomerate! For glory!
    I'm just trying to capture dat feel of the classic election stuff. Let's put the crazy aside for good and get political once again. I quote the Lorax: "It's time to change the life we lead, we say let it grow". Let this new outlook grow into a new beginning for this roleplay. A reboot, if you will. Let's set all that other stuff aside and focus on what really matters people: POLITICS! And the occasional war like we have now, but whatever, here we are! Back in business, I hope!

Eh why not
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

I repeat:

And yea, sorry to spam two posts in one go but I do want to really get back to the original feel of this universe. I think in the first two threads and the first half of this one it was at its very best.

@subnauticambrian , thanks for doing this. It's been a wild, bumpy, winding ride you've set us on. Who knew we'd end up here? It's all because of you, none of this would exist without you. The EPCA has won the election (and I'm not salty at all) and the Lava War is to come, but elections aren't the end of politics; the government has to be maintained as well. And here we are.

I agree with this, and I await the day that the great nation of 4546B once again starts speaking the language I'm most fluent in: Politics! However, there is some hellfire and brimstone that needs to get done first. @PaterAestus, know that your days are numbered.
    Again, thank you so much for doing this :) It means a lot. Mainly because I write books as a hobby, and these books that I'm writing don't get shown to many people. Here's a place I feel like I can share my stories, no matter how bizarre and twisting, and I feel like I'm making a difference and people are seeing them. So, for one final time, thanks :)

I can't say how unimaginably glad I am to all of you! Thanks for running with Subnautican politics: part one, and thanks for making it so much more than I ever could have hoped!
    I guess by responding to this I didn't really sign off then >_<
    I'll keep up with the universe, but I think this marks the start of a personal hiatus.
    edited January 2017
    Encoded Message Recieved

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

zoadtgswbemh.png

Agreed. But know this, Prime Minister. When this business is over, the trial will be held, and you shall be judged by your actions. We also agree to work with @phantomfinch.

We will ensure Aurora doesn't get too murderous when rescued. Enough calamities have befallen this planet. It doesn't need more of them.

FMMA High Council
    We need a new thread. "Subnautica Elections Side Stories - The Hunt for the 4th Division", what do you think?

Encoded Message Recieved

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

zoadtgswbemh.png

Agreed. But know this, Prime Minister. When this business is over, the trial will be held, and you shall be judged by your actions.. We also agree to work with @phantomfinch.

We will ensure Aurora doesn't get too murderous when rescued. Enough calamities have befallen this planet. It doesn't need more of them.

FMMA High Council
    We need a new thread. "Subnautica Elections Side Stories - The Hunt for the 4th Division", what do you think?

Or

DIVISION 4
    A subnautica story
    Encoded Message Recieved

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

zoadtgswbemh.png

Agreed. But know this, Prime Minister. When this business is over, the trial will be held, and you shall be judged by your actions.. We also agree to work with @phantomfinch.

FMMA High Council

Or

DIVISION 4
    A subnautica story

I suggest we keep the first names always the same. It will be easier to find this stories on the future. With so much material, there are going to have more stories.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    This is Walter Snakeite, reporting to you once again.

It has been a slow few months, with much happening. The FMMA news and the Conglomerate news have been covering much of what large events have been going on. Even though I will recap.

As many of you know, a creature named Pater Aestus suddenly came out into the open, declaring himself king over the world.

He has committed many horrible acts of aggression against the surface world.

But here is something you might not know. Something you fish will enjoy.

A brave team of reporters decided to get the inside scoop in the main place of controversy. The inactive lava zone.

With a team of Warper diplomats, we were determined to find out what was going on down there.

We found luck when talking to the resident Warpers, who were able to ask about anything strange in the ILZ to the many of the local residents.

The results we found are interesting to say the least.

For one, many of the creatures in the ILZ couldn't care less about Pater Aestus. They will follow Him in whatever he says, but they don't worship Him, or the Carar as He says.

The second thing is, according to many lava lizards near the once Grand Reef entrance, there were some horrible noises and shaking coming from below. They were unable to say what or who it was.

Our preliminary guess was Pater Aestus throwing a tantrum in the ALZ. But to get the get the full truth, we had to risk it looking. No use in reporting something that could be untrue.

So, with the help of the Lava Guard (specially trained Lava Lizards) we descended to the Active Lava Zone. What we found was astonishing.

Bodies.

Bodies of thousands of Unheard. Possibly millions. Blood clouded the water, tinging everything in black. We retreated immediately, for fear of catching the zombifying Kharar.

Something, or perhaps someone, has killed the Unheard, possibly all of them. It is near impossible to say. What could kill all these beings, is a mystery to me. It would take the entirety of the Surface worlds forces to kill an army of this magnitude.

Nevertheless, the Unheard are no more if our results hold true. We have been saved from their ferocity, by what is unclear, but I won't look a gift Sea Treader in the frontal leg.

This has been MNN signing off.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    General Carrie here.

If it's war they want, it's war they shall get.
    It is, once again, the Prime Minister that speaks to you all.

The seed of a nation is germinating in the Conglomerate once again. Crabsquid that were unaccounted for in the Grand Reef have been brought together, and survivors of the Adaton attacks have been scraped up. We now are ready, I think, to rebuild our civilization.

Or soon will be.
  • PaterAestusPaterAestus Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 225985Members
    I've given you all the chance to survive.

And you kill my subjects, no, my brethren.

I knew I should have ended you and your rebellions of my teachings when I first heard of your bloodshed.

I have been foolish.

I have given my silence for my brethren who were brutally murdered.

They have gone the way of all the kings.

Now, I must avenge their blood.

Creatures of the Aboveworld, you stand to be judged of mass murder. The blood of millions is upon your fins. I do not know how you were able to overpower the Unheard, but you have. And it will cost you dearly.

The punishment for such a crime, recumbentibus

This will be the final blow your existences, the recumbentibus, if you will.

I declare war on Aboveworld!

Those who will stand with me will receive mercy.

Those who stand opposed will bathe in his brothers blood.
    I've given you all the chance to survive.

And you kill my subjects, no, my brethren.

I knew I should have ended you and your rebellions of my teachings when I first heard of your bloodshed.

I have been foolish.

I have given my silence for my brethren who were brutally murdered.

They have gone the way of all the kings.

Now, I must avenge their blood.

Creatures of the Aboveworld, you stand to be judged of mass murder. The blood of millions is upon your fins. I do not know how you were able to overpower the Unheard, but you have. And it will cost you dearly.

The punishment for such a crime, recumbentibus

This will be the final blow your existences, the recumbentibus, if you will.

I declare war on Aboveworld!

Those who will stand with me will receive mercy.

Those who stand opposed will bathe in his brothers blood.

The conflict draws near...
    4th Division Announcement

This is the 4th Division, broadcasting across all channels.

We would like to announce that Lord Sketh is ready to join Pater Aestus in his conquest. It is only right to, for he is the rightful leader of this ocean. He will rule us all, whether we choose to comply or not. We will be accepting of all other factions that join Pater in his conquest, including you, Conglomerate. Prime Minister, I ask that you join us in victory. Together we can rebuild your mighty nation, and bring back balance to the ocean.

It is your choice, although I feel compelled to tell you that this choice has a right answer.

You may have heard that we have been running amok in the River recently. Old Conglomerate and Shoal settlements still run in those winding caves, and some still have residents. We are levelling them all with Ion Crystal detonations, leaving Pater a safe path to rise to the surface.

Know that if you do not join us we will flatten the Grand Reef you seek to rebuild, and all of your efforts will be in vein. Do you really want that?

Conglomerate Announcement

Ah, so you have joined Pater Aestus. I thought you might. And you threaten us with your Ion crystals? Has it slipped your mind that we have the numbers to beat your 4th Division, especially without your friends in the deep. We have one thing to say to you, 4th Division;

Bring
    It
    On
  • the_marinerthe_mariner US of A Join Date: 2016-12-29 Member: 225653Members
    Encoded Message Recieved

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

zoadtgswbemh.png

Although I may be only a single Reefback, I implore President @Ralij and the EPCA to join the Conglomerate in their grand endeavour. The EPCA has united 4546B under its banner. If we strike against the Lava Empire and the turncoats of the 4th Division, more shall follow in our footsteps. Our vast food supplies, our adaptability, our alliances with the Tiger Plants and Crashes; these things shall all be boons in the days to come.

Did we shy away when Pater Aestus rose from the depths to bring death to our front door? NO! When the Union of Biomes called for a leader, did we turn tentacle and hide? NO! We are the EPCA, and we will not fade quietly into the night! We will meet our subterranean oppressors and their Crabsquid allies in their home, and we will fight with claw and Crash! We will lead the races of 4546B into a glorious new era of cooperation, united by our will not only to survive, but to thrive! And if we fail, if Pater Aestus and General Sketh fell our best and brightest in combat, on that day of reckoning...

...we'll be going out with a bang.

the_mariner
    Operative of the Environment Protection and Cooperative Agency
    Encoded Message Recieved

exi5aa4vhibn.png

@phantomfinch

zoadtgswbemh.png

Although I may be only a single Reefback, I implore President @Ralij and the EPCA to join the Conglomerate in their grand endeavour. The EPCA has united 4546B under its banner. If we strike against the Lava Empire and the turncoats of the 4th Division, more shall follow in our footsteps. Our vast food supplies, our adaptability, our alliances with the Tiger Plants and Crashes; these things shall all be boons in the days to come.

Did we shy away when Pater Aestus rose from the depths to bring death to our front door? NO! When the Union of Biomes called for a leader, did we turn tentacle and hide? NO! We are the EPCA, and we will not fade quietly into the night! We will meet our subterranean oppressors and their Crabsquid allies in their home, and we will fight with claw and Crash! We will lead the races of 4546B into a glorious new era of cooperation, united by our will not only to survive, but to thrive! And if we fail, if Pater Aestus and General Sketh fell our best and brightest in combat, on that day of reckoning...

...we'll be going out with a bang.

the_mariner
    Operative of the Environment Protection and Cooperative Agency

4th Division Message

Your threat and taunts are all too hollow. Have you seen the armies of the deep, as we have? We could have just as easily turned our backs to Pater and continued fighting our own battles. Now, when we look at what we would have been fighting, we are glad we didn't. The armies are great, and powerful. Anyone who turns their back on them is a dead fish.

Are you ready to go belly up? If not, maybe rethink your actions and take the consequences into consideration.

We are clearing out the lost river, like a cough clears out a throat. This day it glows greener than it ever did before; not just with the murky water, but with green flame. We have discovered a second Precursor Cache in the Blood Kelp not too far from our location, and there we can resupply on Ion Crystals, ready for more attacks.

With our might combined you have surely lost.

4th Division Message

Your threat and taunts are all too hollow. Have you seen the armies of the deep, as we have? We could have just as easily turned our backs to Pater and continued fighting our own battles. Now, when we look at what we would have been fighting, we are glad we didn't. The armies are great, and powerful. Anyone who turns their back on them is a dead fish.

Are you ready to go belly up? If not, maybe rethink your actions and take the consequences into consideration.

We are clearing out the lost river, like a cough clears out a throat. This day it glows greener than it ever did before; not just with the murky water, but with green flame. We have discovered a second Precursor Cache in the Blood Kelp not too far from our location, and there we can resupply on Ion Crystals, ready for more attacks.

With our might combined you have surely lost.

At this rate, we will supply you with free tickets. With so many of you wanting to die, it will be better for you to form a line. More numbers of you = more of you dead on the seabed.

And lord Sketh, we have an axe with your name on it. We expect @PaterAestus will have your neck rightly cleaned by the time we get to you.

FMMA High Council.