What else are you playing?

EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
Anyone else using the off-topic void?

What games are you really enjoying at the moment? I'm always wondering what kind of stuff you guys are into. It could be old, new, or in the middle, I don't care. If you love a game, let me know.

I'm absolutely loving Ultimate General: Civil War. It's a simply amazing game that's shaping up to be a spectacular RTS with a very solid campaign. The AI is probably the best I've ever seen from a RTS game, bar none. It's how the Total War AI should always have been. It's developed by the guy who does all the TW Darthmods so it's no wonder. If you enjoy RTS games or love history, this is a must.

Battle Brothers is my GOTY though. Turn-based combat, violence aplenty, lots of loot and mercs who you genuinely care about and feel devastated when an Orc beheads them or cuts off their arm, forcing you to send them into battle without a shield so they die, and you cry.
It's a really addictive and enjoyable game, one I keep going back to. 300 hours on Steam and it's not even 1.0.

In other gaming news, last week I started Fallout 4 again after getting about half way through it when it first came out. This time it's massively modded and to be honest I enjoyed spending 10 or so hours modding it more than I enjoy playing it. It's just so... repetitive? Mundane? It's like going through the motions. I don't think I'll be playing it for much longer.

Shadow Tactics just came out. I blasted through it pretty quickly. I loved the Commandos games when I was younger and this felt like a return to those old times. It's basically a Commandos clone set in Feudal Japan, not very much to say, but if you liked Commandos it's definitely worth checking out for nostalgia's sake.

I just installed Broken Sword: Director's Cut. I never played it so I'm looking forward to that. It's been so long since I did a point-n-click, Shardlight and Technobabylon were good though.

Still occasionally playing;
NEO Scavenger
Infested Planet
FTL
Starsector
MOW:AS2
Rimworld
Prison Architect
etc.

Anyway, I hope some of you feel like replying. It's a totally open thread, anything gaming related goes. List 'em, talk about 'em, give opinions on 'em, ask about 'em.

Comments

• tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    I find myself modding more than I do playing lately but I played a bit of Day of Infamy and Insurgency 2 lately and quite enjoyed them.
    Looking forward to Rock of Ages 2 which should be out in the next few months.

Haven't bought much lately anyway - I bought Titanfall and Titanfall 2 but still haven't got around to trying them yet. Before that I bought Day of Infamy I think.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    OVERWATCH I LOVE. OVERWATCH IS LIFE
  • auroraborealisauroraborealis Join Date: 2017-03-01 Member: 228445Members
    Thinking about playing FTL.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Thinking about playing FTL.

Keep your blood pressure meds handy.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Wait, there are other games in the world?!

Blasphemy!

In all seriousness, not many. Rocket league is really the only other game I play regularly.

I'll play the occasional Mario or Pokémon (should nostalgia demand it) or some other old treasures. Otherwise, Subnautica, straight up. My favorite game by far.
    Started playing Titanfall 2's campaign - haven't got too far in but it's fun. Looks amazing too.

Titanfall won't launch for me and finding a support email for EA is impossible.
  • Mayhem296Mayhem296 Australia Join Date: 2017-06-21 Member: 231230Members
    Rimworld, Been playing the hell out of that lately , other than Subnautica
  • MarlenVenturiMarlenVenturi UK Join Date: 2017-07-12 Member: 231782Members
    tschumann wrote: »
    I find myself modding more than I do playing lately but I played a bit of Day of Infamy and Insurgency 2 lately and quite enjoyed them.
    Looking forward to Rock of Ages 2 which should be out in the next few months.

Haven't bought much lately anyway - I bought Titanfall and Titanfall 2 but still haven't got around to trying them yet. Before that I bought Day of Infamy I think.

Hmm... I bet that "Insurgency 2" is a familiar game with an occasional number addition. But I also permit that this is a mod or smth.
    Can you explain please?)
    Hmm... I bet that "Insurgency 2" is a familiar game with an occasional number addition. But I also permit that this is a mod or smth.
    Can you explain please?)

I don't understand - Insurgency 2 is a game but's a sequel to a mod.

• Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    I have been playing a lot of Grand Theft Auto 5 Online lately. Other than that maybe League of Legends, Diablo 3, Heroes of the Storm, and Killing Floor 2.

My Steam name is the same as my name mere if anyone wants to add me.
  • jason8jason8 Join Date: 2017-09-07 Member: 232838Members
    Fallout 4
    league of legends
    Bullet force
    Battlefield
  • stellabellystellabelly NY Join Date: 2017-09-12 Member: 232967Members
    May games I love to play basically I love to play online at every time I change but I love mostly like adventurous thrilling games like I am with the Resident Evil.
  • glenn0510glenn0510 San Jose Join Date: 2017-09-25 Member: 233229Members
    I bought a Nintendo Switch with Splatoon and Pokken DX.
  • wildberryswildberrys Nashville Join Date: 2018-04-04 Member: 239793Members
    The Elder Scrolls and Civilization
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I'm playing Subnautica a ton, aswell as Fallout 4, Natural Selection 2, and Source games (gmod, half life, cs, bms, all that.)

Very fun stuff.
  • BlueBottleBlueBottle Australia Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236674Members
    Enjoyed Fallout 4 heaps - especially stomping about the radioactive wasteland up in lead-lined power armour.
    Gave Dishonored2 a bit of a bash last week. Nice, but can't quite seem to be bothered with a second playthrough with an alternative character.
    I was playing Stellaris quite a lot until they changed the game mechanics completely last month and ruined, IMHO, the best 4X space campaign made to date.
    Got into Total War Warhammer quite a bit last year.
    Played a couple of Myst style puzzlers over the weekend - The Room 1 & 2. Good value if you like that sort of thing.
    Been thinking about buying the Talos Principle next week. Supposed to be better than Portal2. Anyone tried that one?