Would you like alternative endings?

zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
Leaving the planet isn't really what I want. Now the story is really good up until to the point to leave the planet. Because I really love exploring and crafting in Subnautica. Maybe some of you would also love to go through the story, but stay after the end. So the rocket end is a bit disrespectful into loving to live in Subnautica. I'd love to have an alternative ending, where I could either stay to explore and craft forever or maybe other options. What do you think and what would you like?

For the poll simply give your favorite ending.

Comments

• LordPotatoTheXXXVIIILordPotatoTheXXXVIII Wasilla, AK Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226007Members
    edited January 2017
    I like the rocket idea, but it seems nesscsary to be able to keep the game open ended, or at least be able to reload a save.
  • AppalaxisAppalaxis South Africa Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226025Members
    I would have the current story unfold first before I vote
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I would really like an ending in which you undergo a bio/mecha process to become a permanent fit for 4546B. I don't need to be able to play after that; I just want it to be a possible fate for my character.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I'd like a poll that has ACTUAL choices from the Dev's.
    Not one filled with one posters thoughts on the matter.

B)
  • GSInstinctGSInstinct Liverpool, NY Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226929Members
    I'd say have the space ship ending, but have the game reload in to before you can enter the rocket and have it be the other paths in it too, I'd like the fight other things or at least once I finish the game be able to expand on my base, not start over in a new file. Any ending made by the devs is fine, but my biggest thing is I'd hate to start over once I finish the story.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    I'd love to be able to get off the planet uncured or without turning off the gun kinda as "bad endings"

Either you die in space from the Carar or you get blown from the sky.

It'd be a fun way of saying, "you done screwed up"
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    I'd love to be able to get off the planet uncured or without turning off the gun kinda as "bad endings"

The bad ending would be getting rescued by the Sunbeam, but not getting cured. Increasing the chances of inflicting the Carar on the rest of civilization is the worst possible ending.
  • NimmanuNimmanu NH, USA Join Date: 2017-01-14 Member: 226681Members
    I don't know about endings, but I'd like to bypass the exploding Sunbeam. I know, I know, it's not real people, but the truth is that it actually took my breath away and brought me to tears.

There are some twists in games that I could really skip. I hated the whole Morrigan thing in Dragon Age, for example.

There are a few things I'd actually like to avoid in my fantasies, like cheating boyfriend's and watching people get exploded.

Then again, I'm old enough to remember the Space Shuttle Challenger. Maybe others don't have the same moment of stupified horror locked into their memories from watching a space-faring vehicle explode to devastating loss of life.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    You guys aren't thinking dark enough.

I'd like to push the protagonist to his breaking point until he simply can't go on any longer and chooses to opt out.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    You guys aren't thinking dark enough.

I'd like to push the protagonist to his breaking point until he simply can't go on any longer and chooses to opt out.

Having an ending similar to Spec Ops: The Line would be interesting where it is revealed the protagonist is insane, but that requires having more people. It doesn't mean anything if the protagonist is revealed to be insane if they are the only person on an alien world.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited January 2017
    Something that I've always wanted was for the final challenge to be a choice.

If you want to leave, find the materials to build a rocket.

If you want to stay in your area, conquering all you see (for all you dictators), find the materials to build some kind of Precursor-esque cannon on top of your base to kill everything that bothers you.

Or if you want to explore beyond the void, find the materials to build a giant submarine.

Once you built one of these things, the game would end.

Each of these builds would be eluded throughout the story, giving the player the freedom to choose their own ending. And each of these builds would require a monumental amount of
    materials, as too deter people from making multiple builds.

That just my two cents though.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Nimmanu wrote: »
    I don't know about endings, but I'd like to bypass the exploding Sunbeam. I know, I know, it's not real people, but the truth is that it actually took my breath away and brought me to tears.

There are some twists in games that I could really skip. I hated the whole Morrigan thing in Dragon Age, for example.

There are a few things I'd actually like to avoid in my fantasies, like cheating boyfriend's and watching people get exploded.

Then again, I'm old enough to remember the Space Shuttle Challenger. Maybe others don't have the same moment of stupified horror locked into their memories from watching a space-faring vehicle explode to devastating loss of life.

Now that you mention it but it does remind me of the space shuttle Columbia which disintigrated on re-entry... I never really made that connection before your post.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Ralij wrote: »

Now that you mention it but it does remind me of the space shuttle Columbia which disintigrated on re-entry... I never really made that connection before your post.

You're...welcome?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Leaving the planet isn't really what I want. Now the story is really good up until to the point to leave the planet. Because I really love exploring and crafting in Subnautica. Maybe some of you would also love to go through the story, but stay after the end. So the rocket end is a bit disrespectful into loving to live in Subnautica. I'd love to have an alternative ending, where I could either stay to explore and craft forever or maybe other options. What do you think and what would you like?

For the poll simply give your favorite ending.

All of the above, but not necessarily before v1.0 v1.0 could be the 'normal' ending, with the others added as DLC or updates or something.
  • NoJusticeNoJustice Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251633Members
    I say you cure the planet and alterra rescues you.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    NoJustice wrote: »

You realize the original game's story is already set in stone at this point? This whole post is from almost two years ago.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    NoJustice wrote: »

You realize the original game's story is already set in stone at this point? This whole post is from almost two years ago.

I always wonder how people even find these kinds of threads. They just going along on Google Search/Bing/Whatever and then see a thread and go I MUST POST IN THIS! without checking the date?

Or considering that the topic in question's long since been finished. A personal favorite of mine there is "Correcting someone" on their assumptions or theories from a time where said information couldn't possibly been known by anyone other than the developers, after the thread's been done and over with for several years.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    edited March 2019
    It would be cool to find a city down there, but you should bring the precursors up so you can cure them too.

If you don't want to leave subnautica my guy, just don't build the rocket, it is literally as simple as that.
  • General_MagnumGeneral_Magnum Join Date: 2019-03-24 Member: 251936Members

This is based off of your idea, but maybe they could add an ending that if you cure the disease and shut down the gun, but only answer the first few calls from the Sunbeam, maybe they could actually come down and rescue you!

They already have something like this, though. If you don't answer any calls from the Sunbeam and beat the game and then answer one, they will say something along the lines of this:
    "This is the trading vessel Sunbeam. We see their are human life signatures on the planet and we would come to rescue you. There is an abundance of debris in the atmosphere (from the Aurora blowing up), making it impossible to land. We will go back to Alterra HQ and get some more help. Sunbeam signing out."

But help never comes ?. At least you actually save them and not get them blown up!

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Now that it's been bumped, nobody seems to realize that this will never happen at this stage in development.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Would be safer for the forum mods to just lock the thread to prevent people from continuing to post in it. It what I did when I helped moderate a forum at one time in the past.
  • JAZZYFORSUBNAUTICAJAZZYFORSUBNAUTICA Join Date: 2018-05-01 Member: 240453Members

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :#
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    Maybe not a modification to the original Subnautica game, but a true continuation . . .? You, in your Neptune Rocket, discover a derelict Precursor base or starship in space. With the aid of your PDA and scanner, you accumulate enough knowledge, materials, and technology from the Precursors to build a long-range starship. Your mission: find the surviving Precursors and bring them the cure to the Kharaa bacterium. Of course, there would be the requisite first-contact issues - communication, misunderstandings, etc.
  • vuatsonvuatson Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251649Members
    Altazi wrote: »
    Maybe not a modification to the original Subnautica game, but a true continuation . . .? You, in your Neptune Rocket, discover a derelict Precursor base or starship in space. With the aid of your PDA and scanner, you accumulate enough knowledge, materials, and technology from the Precursors to build a long-range starship. Your mission: find the surviving Precursors and bring them the cure to the Kharaa bacterium. Of course, there would be the requisite first-contact issues - communication, misunderstandings, etc.

I mean, I have a feeling Below Zero will scratch that itch, though it doesn’t star the same character.