Frame Drop

MusicbroMusicbro Internet Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224121Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica on Consoles
My game used to run nearly 60 fps (I've heard that is max) but now it runs at 30 or below... I really don't like it now it's barely playable now because of the lag. Please if there is ANY way to fix it tell me. I've also sent feedback (Didn't discover the email tab till around last Saturday) so that might... "help". Thank you if you reply. :)
Note: I don't know Actual fps but I guessed

Comments

• Dutchman141Dutchman141 the Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216936Members
    Get in line and read the forums.
    Fps issues have been a problem for months now.
    If all goes well we might possibly see a performance patc next month or so.
    Seeing is believing though, this game runs horribly for far to long while there has only been an increase in content instead of optimization.

The game is gorgeous with a boatload of gameplay, once they do optimize the performance and iron out the bugs it'll be fantastic.
    It just takes so darn long for them to make it playable.

I've deleted the game and untill they fix it Subnautica will remain in my ready to install list.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Musicbro wrote: »
    My game used to run nearly 60 fps (I've heard that is max) but now it runs at 30 or below... I really don't like it now it's barely playable now because of the lag. Please if there is ANY way to fix it tell me. I've also sent feedback (Didn't discover the email tab till around last Saturday) so that might... "help". Thank you if you reply. :)

Open the console (LB + RB + A) and put in
    fps

• TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members

Subnautica on Xbox 1 has NEVER run at 60 fps. You started at 30 and you're probably hovering between 10-19 like most of us.
  • MusicbroMusicbro Internet Join Date: 2016-11-21 Member: 224121Members
    edited January 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

fps

This did not work... In fact it just made lag spikes. Also while I'm here where is the laser island for when the fps is fixed.
    (Note: The LB + RB + A part is the thing not working)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

fps

This did not work... In fact it just made lag spikes. Also while I'm here where is the laser island for when the fps is fixed.
    (Note: The LB + RB + A part is the thing not working)

I usually have to do it twice in a row, for whatever reason.
  • dangi12012dangi12012 Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226915Members
    I think bad performance is because of this safe bug:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147508/bug-wrecks-stacking-in-the-same-location-version-42313#latest

Short: After saving, wrecks and vines spawn multiple times in the same location. When changing biome this can crash your game.
    This is a main reason for fps drops.
    edited January 2017
    Fps: 2-4 on islands. 7-11 in shallow water. 30 while paused. Life pod = Seams like there more lag around and in it.
    Loading: Around 200s

Thanks for all the power in the world... I have every blueprint and infinite food/water.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    well I'm getting 46fps and almost 50 don't know why you guys are upset you may just have to do the game again
    well I'm getting 46fps and almost 50 don't know why you guys are upset you may just have to do the game again

Dude, you're in the Xbox One forum, you're saying you're getting 46-50 FPS on an XB1?
  • DotBatFileDotBatFile Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227316Members
    Get a better Xbox you 13Fps scrub, you think your ard coming on these forms complaining about your life problems? Get out skid
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I made a thread for this, but Ill say it again: If you move your game over to an external drive that runs faster than your internal, there is a significant performance increase.
    Just responding to people

coldsteellegg:

There is only two possible ways that could happen

1. Subnautica is the only game you have
    2. A powerful xbox or both
    Also why would we do the game again it will just break again and also all our progress will be lost.

CAPSHAW:
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    I made a thread for this, but Ill say it again: If you move your game over to an external drive that runs faster than your internal, there is a significant performance increase.
    Ummm uhh what? If you mean external storage I don't really have that.
    If you don't... I have no idea what you are talking about

B):)B)

• TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members
    The frame rate won't be fixed by an external HDD, it only decreases the loading screens, it does NOT speed up how the RAM reads it.
  • Strange_DaysStrange_Days Scotland Join Date: 2017-02-10 Member: 227769Members
    Hi all.

Bought the game 4 days back. Was loving it, but now getting a pretty grim 4-7fps around my base near the life pod. My game's on an external Sammy T3 SSD. I have nothing bar the OS and a few apps on the internal.

Jumping into a seamoth is a non starter, and it's a nightmare trying to catch fish.

In my opinion, I reckon this game will struggle to get anywhere near acceptable frame rates when patched, not without severe graphical reductions or limiting the amount of assets being loaded in. Heck, I'd accept low 20s as long as it's consistent. I just can't see where the gains will come from. I hope I'm wrong.

I'll be giving it a rest for now as finding it a little headache enducing when trying to play.

I hope the Devs can pull it off.
    Pull the stuff out of the storage module, and then the storage module itself, off of your Seamoth and put it in a locker in your base. Does that help? If not or you don't have storage equipped, take all the other upgrades out of it and drive it below 200m to destroy it, then spawn yourself another Seamoth (above 200m, of course) with the code
    spawn seamoth

You can get to the console to enter the code by hitting LB + RB + A (sometimes you have to do the combo twice to get it to pull up the console).

Let me know if any of that helped at all.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited February 2017
    The February update addresses the FPS issues related to the seamoth. Just making that aware if that's the issue.
    (May take longer for console to update)
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    The February update addresses the FPS issues related to the seamoth. Just making that aware if that's the issue.
    (May take longer for console to update)

It's confirmed they fixed the 'moth issues? There's AFAIK a few issues, such as CellsCache bogging down after a lot of resource collection. If they fixed them all in one go, I'd be really happy though. xD
    I just started a new game... fps never went near 5... only 9 fps... Anyways

I spawned a Sea Dragon Leviathan near my newly built base and it went well. But then a realized the prosecutor update wasn't on xbox. So... I'm just going to wait for that because i've done some things that are on xbox right now.

Other things that are left I'm either to lazy to do or I did it already and forgot I did it.